Any good PW:S Addons?

Does anyone know an addon which displays the health of a shield on a target please?

I have shield monitor from wowinterface but I can't get it to display the health bar on someone I shielded.

Thanks for any help.

Re: Any good PW:S Addons?

you could download grid, although it is a whole raid frames you can see the hp of every1 and configure it so that it shows if pw:s is on them and the de-buff to you can re-sheild them

Grid works great when configured like this, and is especially handy when operating in tandem with another discipline priest in raid. But like the OP, I'd still be interested in a mod that could manage this - specifically for tracking strength of Divine Aegis remaining on a target.

From what I've read (translation: please correct me if I'm wrong), though, the combat log doesn't properly define and track the mechanism by which a given absorb occurred, so maintaining an accurate running count would be impossible currently where there are other absorb devices (sacred shield, savage defense, etc) in play.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

forte xorcist shows when a shield breaks and when weakend soul is up... its really nice. But i don't think there is any mods that show the "health" of a shield. I'd highly suggest downloading it or at least looking at it on curse.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...texorcist.aspx

hey
    i've tried the same, but wow changed the codes so the addons can't see how much is left of the shield.
    there are addons who can predict the shield but its inaccurate especially in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by jpl_wolters
    hey
    i've tried the same, but wow changed the codes so the addons can't see how much is left of the shield.
    there are addons who can predict the shield but its inaccurate especially in pvp.
    in pvp it's going down in a second or two anyway so it's really not helpful. in pvp, you just have to have familiarity with the fights and you can predict when it's coming down then

Irrelevant. The next hit will wipe out the shield in most cases regardless of the strength remaining. Just configure grid to show the weakened soul icon (low prio so you don't miss a dispell) and the shield in a corner. If the shield is down, and there is no debuff - recast.

Quote Originally Posted by light_shadow
    Does anyone know an addon which displays the health of a shield on a target please?
    X-Perl does that (you have to activate the option in the config menu).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Manuito
    X-Perl does that (you have to activate the option in the config menu).
    xPerl certainly does not show the total absorb of a given shield. As a previous poster pointed out: the shield will, especially in PvE, be eaten immediately. Get an addon that shows the debuff and recast whenever it wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest
    xPerl certainly does not show the total absorb of a given shield. As a previous poster pointed out: the shield will, especially in PvE, be eaten immediately. Get an addon that shows the debuff and recast whenever it wears off.
    It doesn't show the total absorb, but you can activate a purple bar which would show the remaining absorb available (something like your green health bar... no numbers, ok, but if someone hits the shield you can see this purple bar decreasing providing that there is still some shield left after the first hit, which gives you a good idea of how many more seconds the shield is going to stand in a given situation). The shield doesn't have to be eaten immediately in PVE, sometimes you get minor damage from adds or AOE and this way you can monitor the rate at which the shield of every member of your raid is decreasing (so that you can be ready to re-cast another shield or heal).