ret paladin+survival hunter combo

Hello,

I'm playing this combo in 2v2 right now, me being the retribution paladin, I'm using the 3/17/51 spec for improved hammer of justice and we are at 1750~ I know it sucks we are noobs etc, that's why I'm here asking for help, anyone that played this combo successfuly could give me some advices, tactics or even new spec ideas for me or my hunter friend, any help is appreaciate.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: ret paladin+survival hunter combo

It should work assuming the hunter has aimed shot as one of his talents, otherwise you will have a shitty time against healers.

As for your spec I'd suggest dropping the 3 points from holy & using them to get divine guardian, the few extra hundred points of damage absorb will help + the extra 10% absorb on divine sacrifice will help allot.

For tactics there is 1 route as far as 2's goes, tunnel vision the squishy target first while the teammate is chain cc'd. This can be done rather easily if the other team has no heal over time spells but if they have a resto druid it will be much harder because even if he is cc'd if his hot's are already up they can keep healing without him.

A frostmage - ret paladin team could work slightly better against these types of teams because a frostmage can do a 20% ms & spell steal any hot spells while providing strong cc.
    However the problem would be that if the mage isn't very skilled at cc he will get r@ped by melee enemy combatants.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.