Recount & Spirit Wolves...

Anyone else notice a discrepancy between what recount shows for your spirit wolves and what other peoples recount shows for your spirit wolves?

I find myself struggling with this bug constantly. I am almost always 200 - 500 dps higher on my recount, yet when people post the dps, I drop 2 or 3 spots on the charts because of this bug. I just kind of think its unfair especially since we are using a whole major glyph spot only to get our dps cut down by a stupid bug in recount...
    (I did a search and couldn't find any other posts on this here, so forgive me if this topic has already been covered...)

Re: Recount & Spirit Wolves...

i had the same issue with treants on my druid and found that i had one setting checked while others didnt. in a heroic i was pulling top dps while on another they had me as third. it really bugged the shit out of me so i went through with him to see if all the numbers were the same, the difference i figured out was the treants. when he fixed that, our damage done numbers were finally the same the dps(relative stat) report was a lot closer. i wish i could remember the specific setting but it's been awhile ago but i think it had something to do with record data for pets.

Include pets in owner's damage

I always show pets as well as including them on my Recount just to make sure its recording properly (and to humiliate ultra baddies)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    Include pets in owner's damage

I always show pets as well as including them on my Recount just to make sure its recording properly (and to humiliate ultra baddies)
    always fun to have your pets pull more dps than them lol.

Well from what my guildies have told me, they have had the 'merge pet with owners' button checked and yet the dps from the spirit wolves is almost cut in half everytime. They are still getting my spirit wolves as part of my dps, the problem is they are not getting the full amount from the spirit wolves, its almost like they are only getting one of the spirit wolves dps and not both...

Merge pets doesnt work right for shaman, only hunters and warlocks. Not sure about water elemental, but our totems and spirit wolves dont show the right numbers. Run recount, skada and then parse them to WoL. The parse and skada are the same, recount is way off.

Your guildies just need to update their recount. This was a known bug where Recount would only record DPS from 1 of the wolves, but it was fixed ~ a month ago.

Fuck i hated that bug, i was always so pumped when i topped dps only to have a rogue (always a fucking rogue...) link me as 2nd or 3rd and crush my ego.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Who cares...as long as the boss die...

your recount always shows yiou higher regardless of class. WoL/WMO is what you should look at. Recount is a quick reference and nothing more.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Why worry about it? Just because it says you didn't do the damage in recount doesn't mean you actually didn't do it, does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trainwreck
    If they do incorporate Worgen and Goblins as playable races it will be the last straw. I've let my children play this (somewhat evil) game in my Christian household for long enough. These changes will bring a whole new level of evil and Satanism that I can't stand by and let my kids experience. I will be cancelling.

miniseto

I know I'm better than everyone else so it doesn't matter if their Recount shows different.

I hate metres, i do, but when you are in your guilds melee channel and like every trash fight a rogue/warrior is posting dmg, it's nice to CRUSH THEIR SKULLS INTO THE DIRT.

Quote Originally Posted by xap
    I hate metres, i do, but when you are in your guilds melee channel and like every trash fight a rogue/warrior is posting dmg, it's nice to CRUSH THEIR SKULLS INTO THE DIRT.
    indeed, the amount of times there's an aoe pull or even sometimes in a pug in Onyxia and some mage / rogue is AoE'ing the whelps after spawning 20-30 (on purpose) then after the wipe theyre like 'woo top damage meter' you just give up with damage meters on the whole.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

As XS already said you and the other ppl of your raid need to enable pets in recount.
    Furthermore you will need a new version of recount, since we have many "pets" for recount.

Fireelemental = pet
    Magma Totem = pet
    Spirit wolves = pet

The latest recount version should show a nearly accurate dps for us.
    The older versions had only one pet per player.
    Spirit wolve -> 1.pet, Magma -> 2.pet, 2nd Spirit wolve -> 3.pet .... and so on
    It wasnt a bug, recount just wasnt able to manage the high amount of "pets" we have. The latest version should, as i said, more accurate.
    Nevertheless i trust more in combatlogs, then recount.

Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb
    Who cares...as long as the boss die...
    This is only true for healing. DPS has to put out the numbers, all DPS players know this, and live by it.

the who cares is for people that are distracted by bright shiny objects.

If you look closer at Recount it says:

Damage Spirit Wolf <Myrddin> xxxx
    Damage Spirit Wolf xxxx
    Damage Spirit Wolf (Scienz) xxxx (2nd enhancement Shaman)

So there are some Spirit Wolves that aren't assigned properly. The same might happen to Treants.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg
    This is only true for healing. DPS has to put out the numbers, all DPS players know this, and live by it.

the who cares is for people that are distracted by bright shiny objects.
    Got to love people like that. Unfortunately our raid is full of these ... Bringing down a boss is team work and sometimes you are assigned to do a certain job that lowers your numbers but is essential for success.
    While numbers aren't unimportant they aren't by far all there is. Got to love these people that "I do not hit adds it lowers my dps" "I am not interrupting it lowers my dps" "I am not controling that add, I wanna dps"
    It is not targetted at you specifically, just thought it was worth to mention

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE