no spell rank = no 1.5sec Frost Bolt?

So if Cat abolish spell rank entirely, doesn't that mean that you won't get to choose to use rank 1 Frost Bolt (and other spells that are used more for snare/interrupt purpose), which has lowered cast time? Or would it just come up as a different spell entirely for the sake of the cast time?

Re: no spell rank = no 1.5sec Frost Bolt?

I think that was the point of removing spell ranks. So you don't use rank 1's purely for the snare/debuff/etc.
    That, and overall, no ranks makes things smoother.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We have made no secret that we haven't happy with the paladin gameplay on live (Source)

Hmm.. that would do bad things to Frost Mage (the only one I can think of right now) in PvP though. But I suppose that's only 1 class, and they still have a lot of other quick snares that they can play with.

They also don't need to balance around the assumption that such a tactic is being used then.

And learning might get a lot cheaper now, as well as requiring less backtracking to the trainer since you only need to learn each ability once.

So, if I create a new character in Cataclysm.. I will only have to buy my skills once?
    Sounds awesome!