Quel'Delar + Other Quest Tidbits

These are all conclusions drawn from quest text in the database
    - note, this was compiled in about 20 miuntes, very likely I missed extra quests here and there so take what you will from this

You likely retrieve the blade from The Forge of Souls (first 5 man instance). Upon finding the hilt you seek out the aid of other figures your respective faction Silver Covenant (Alliance) or Sunreavers (Horde) who send you to Krasus) at Wyrmrest Temple and discover the blade is Quel'Delar.

Interestingly there are some quests about spying and sneaking into the Silver Enclave in Dalaran to steal an item.

Then you go to Quel'Delar's Rest outside the Coliseum to meet Myralion Sunblaze (Horde) or Caladis Brightspear (Alliance), who send you to the Pit of Saron to reforge the sword. After reforging the sword you discover it is possessed by the Lich King, and wills you to the Halls of Reflection.

[Speculation] Within the Halls of Reflection you will encounter the spirit of Uther [/Speculation] who tells you that "will not always be able to control the blade while it is subject to the evil of the Lich King's influence" And you are sent to the Sunwell to cleanse the blade.

Upon arriving at the Sunwell, you are sent to find the remains of Thalorienn Dawnseeker, to seek his blessing in cleansing and claiming ownership of the sword. You are granted this and enter the Sunwell and cleanse the sword. Some figureheads such as Lor'themar Theron, the regent of Quel'Thalas, and Grand Magister Rommath, will attempt to distract you from this task it seems. The Horde version returns it to the Sunreavers, the Alliance version seems to return it to the Argent Crusade.

Other Interesting Quests:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24545/t...d-the-corrupt/

"Place Light's Vengeance and Runeforged Saronite in Highlord Mograine's runeforge in Icecrown Citadel."

Description

It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, <race>, as it will likely end in your undoing. Ignore my counsel and embark on this endeavor, and I shall provide you with the necessary knowledge and resources to see it through. Its success shall depend on your fortitude being greater than that endowed to most mortals. Recover Light's Vengeance, Arthas' discarded hammer. Combined with saronite, it will provide the foundation for our work.

----

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24500/e...the-lich-king/

"Reveal Frostmourne's secrets and escape alive."

Description

Frostmourne! It is within our sight and Arthas is nowhere to be found. Quickly, hero!

Adenspear

Re: Quel'Delar + Other Quest Tidbits

Very interesting read. Thanks.

yeah nice conclusion

i hope you are right.

I suspect no-one knows the answer to this quite yet anyway but..

All the Sunwell stuff - does that mean you've got to go back into SWP and clear the place and defeat KJ to cleanse the sword, or is it just a cutscene when you get in there and you get teleported directly to an already reclaimed Sunwell to do your stuff?

I know Blizzard like us to go back and redo old raids and I've personally never been in SWP (ok - apart from a fun suicide run with some friends to see who could get furthest in there by just running through naked) but is SWP still at all challenging for lvl 80 - who are probably already geared up in Ulduar or better gear?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    I suspect no-one knows the answer to this quite yet anyway but..

All the Sunwell stuff - does that mean you've got to go back into SWP and clear the place and defeat KJ to cleanse the sword, or is it just a cutscene when you get in there and you get teleported directly to an already reclaimed Sunwell to do your stuff?

I know Blizzard like us to go back and redo old raids and I've personally never been in SWP (ok - apart from a fun suicide run with some friends to see who could get furthest in there by just running through naked) but is SWP still at all challenging for lvl 80 - who are probably already geared up in Ulduar or better gear?
    don't think so dude, there seems to be a phaseing spell tied to one of the quests, so when you enter SWP with that quest in your log it's not the Raid SWP, it'll either be totally empty of filled with Sunreaver/Silver Covenant peeps. I think it's a bit much to ask us to clear the whole raid esspecially considering most of this quest line seems to be based around 5mans not raids
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Adenspear

Yeah, I doubt they'd ask people to do an old raid.

I wonder if this quest is something everyone is going to do, or have the option to do, or if its related to a legendary, like the quest to get the Ulduar mace.

I haven't heard if theres going to be a legendary in 3.3, but some where on these forums I read people speculating about a tanking legendary related to the sword.

"Escaping the Wrath of the Lich King"

Oh snap, a title drop. That tends to mean it's important.

15+ Year Old Account

While i was hopping for an euqippable weapon, maybe, just maybe, this is the main storyline of the 5-mans (say Attunement).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kentarre
    Other Interesting Quests:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24545/t...d-the-corrupt/

"Place Light's Vengeance and Runeforged Saronite in Highlord Mograine's runeforge in Icecrown Citadel."

Description

It is against my judgment that I present you this errand, <race>, as it will likely end in your undoing. Ignore my counsel and embark on this endeavor, and I shall provide you with the necessary knowledge and resources to see it through. Its success shall depend on your fortitude being greater than that endowed to most mortals. Recover Light's Vengeance, Arthas' discarded hammer. Combined with saronite, it will provide the foundation for our work.
    So we'll have to go to Frostmourne Cavern again?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adenspear
    I haven't heard if theres going to be a legendary in 3.3, but some where on these forums I read people speculating about a tanking legendary related to the sword.
    There will indeed be a new legendary for 3.3. However, it will be a 2h Axe.

Shadowmourne.
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

I'm sure we won't have to clear Sunwell again... Lore-wise, they can't have KJ up and about while the war in Northrend is at its peak since they happened at different times.

"Alright, let's go into the Sunwell to cleanse the... HOLY SHIT KIL'JAEDEN. HOW DID WE NOT NOTICE THIS?! SHIT! EVERYONE GET IN HERE RIGHTFUCKINGNOW"