Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cataclysm is not coming out sooner than we think

Seriously, you would have to be retarded to base your idea off of the announcement trailer made SPECIFICALLY for blizzcon, which was obviously in the middle of LK expansion.

BlizzCon announcement trailer =/= actual cinematic.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm is not coming out sooner than we think

Wat

march 2010

/topic

/notagree
    deveryone are bored with Wotlk and now mmorpg's are out, so for Blizz it's important to release Cataclysm asap!
    No guts, no glory.

And thus ur saying, they should skip the part where the LAST YEAR of wotlk was about... icecrown citadel??

No, it wont come out before may-june.
    Simply because atm they are testing 3.3, testing allways takes 1.5-2 months at a bare minimum. so December at earliest for 3.3
    Then 3-4 months for Cata at the very least, if some silly heavy bugs creep in, make it 5-6 months. So may-june 2010
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by soulpotatoez
    Seriously, you would have to be retarded to base your idea off of the announcement trailer made SPECIFICALLY for blizzcon, which was obviously in the middle of LK expansion.

BlizzCon announcement trailer =/= actual cinematic.
    I think we'll see Cataclysm sooner than we think, but I'm not basing this assumption off the announcement trailer from Blizzcon. The fact that they're already pushing the 3.3 PTR leads me to think that 3.3 will hit live before Christmas. Then we'll have 2-3 months to spend in that content. And 2-3 months is a long time with one patch of content so I don't see Blizzard pushing Cataclysm any later than March next year.

Just my two cents.

Idd, they pushed 3.3 to the Test servers really fast compared to most patches (admitted it needs testing alot still)
    Also they are patching in some expansion stuff with 3.3 (such as the totems)

Makes me think that 4.0 is out sooner than we think and allows us to play the new class combos allready.

Or not, but we will see.

10+ Year Old Account

My prediction for Cataclysm release is 3rd quarter 2010.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Quote Originally Posted by Gren
    /agree. Definitely no earlier.

I think its coming next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stronghoof
    /notagree
    deveryone are bored with Wotlk and now mmorpg's are out, so for Blizz it's important to release Cataclysm asap!
    Just no.

Soon

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gren
    thats what i was thinking

i guess i was a bit too agressive with the original post. i was trying to say its not like "OMGZ ITS COMING OUT MARCH LOLOL"

10+ Year Old Account

I dont think blizz will release Cat in the summer. Mostly because they know that the majority of the ppl who play wow take a break during the summer, so its ether coming before or after the summer holiday. I put my money on before.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Like they said in Blizzcon they are not so happy with WoTLK, so i presume that 3.3 will be live in the midle of november, then depending on the difficulty of ICC 4.0 will be out around february and april with some catchy events like the zombie invasion then cataclysm will be out on May/June/July.. that is my idea.

Personally i hope that it comes out on late July after i finish my university exams so i can play it hardcore from day one and try to get a shot at realm first 80 worgen =D

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon
    Then we'll have 2-3 months to spend in that content. And 2-3 months is a long time with one patch of content so I don't see Blizzard pushing Cataclysm any later than March next year.
    2-3 Months on the last tier of raiding for an expansion would possibly be the most pitiful instance to come up with yet. Yes Argent Col was easy normal mode and the hardmodes didnt last that long for a majority of guilds but seriously. For a last instance i would expect it to last atleast half as long as bt did which would place it at about 5 months. Now i dont know what world you live in but please explain to me how such a large instance with the ammount of bosses it will contain will last on normal and hardmode 2-3 months.

i think it will come out when it comes out, nothing we can do about when it does.... so just wait for it and deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin
    I dont think blizz will release Cat in the summer. Mostly because they know that the majority of the ppl who play wow take a break during the summer, so its ether coming before or after the summer holiday. I put my money on before.
    maybe, but isn't it better for sales if they release it a bit before christmas?
    whatever, i'm sure htey're worried about customers being restless and wanting it as soon as possible, so it won' tbe quite rushed, but not quite delayed.. no sooner than February, no later than april
    This user has been banned.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin
    Sounds more logical, also if Cataclysm would come around 3rd quarter 2010, why in earth do we have 3.3 already on PTR..
    If they would have around 10 months to give us 3.3 and 4.0.1 (assuming they release a pre-cataclysm patch), why is 3.3 already on PTR...
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Brince
    Soon
    tm.

Probably ready by next summer, but they will release it when they want to, and when they can time it to get the biggest market, which is why you see a lotof games being delayed e.g. for the Chirstmas market (not saying that will happen, its just an example )
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

official announcement on blizzconn was "we try to bring it before the next blizzconn"

so that gives a neat timeframe
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole