Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm is not coming out sooner than we think

What's wrong with everyone? Why are you making the same topics every hour or so? ???

10+ Year Old Account

Once the beta goes live (which isn't before 3.3) it takes about another 4-6 months ;-)

Well, according to the rep that comes to my gamestop store, I'm assistant manager btw.
    According to the rep, they want to have it out before Blizzcon next year, which was said at blizzcon, but they might not, realistically, have it out before october.

So, thats where the blizzard rep, and gamestop stands at the current moment.

i say tomorrow, who´s with me?

Quote Originally Posted by soulpotatoez
    Seriously, you would have to be retarded to base your idea off of the announcement trailer made SPECIFICALLY for blizzcon, which was obviously in the middle of LK expansion.

BlizzCon announcement trailer =/= actual cinematic.
    The idea that cataclysm will be released "soon" is not based on blizzcon, it's based on the fact that 3.3 is the last wotlk content patch + the fact that historically there's around 5 month after a content patch until the next one/the next EP is released.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

w/e who cares when it comes out. I just hope they take the time to fix all the bugs BEFORE they release it this time. Nothing worse than 6 months+ of stupid ass bugs that sholuld have been fixed in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gren
    My prediction for Cataclysm release is 3rd quarter 2010.
    ^^

Most likely, but let's think this through. When was BC announced(year, time of year)? and at which time was it realeased(year,month) same with LK.

We should consider theese facts and try to come up with a reasonable time of realease. Until then. My quoted quote get's my vote.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Seregon
    And 2-3 months is a long time with one patch of content
    Lol, no, not in the slightest.

Summer next year at the very earliest.

And mind you that creating threads about the release date of Cataclysm can get you banned.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stronghoof
    /notagree
    deveryone are bored with Wotlk and now mmorpg's are out, so for Blizz it's important to release Cataclysm asap!
    do not speak for everyone kay?

--> 3.3 still has to be on live servers, so about month or 2 left atleast i say to get them to launch it, and have it finetuned.
    --> 3.3 will last us about 3-4 months
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

this

/thread
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks3
    Well, according to the rep that comes to my gamestop store, I'm assistant manager btw.
    According to the rep, they want to have it out before Blizzcon next year, which was said at blizzcon, but they might not, realistically, have it out before october.

So, thats where the blizzard rep, and gamestop stands at the current moment.
    I trust the opinion of the wholesaler who comes to your store. Gamestop Asst. GMs, they have the inside info y'know?
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

imo blizz realised they made a huge mistake with WotLK (mainly refering to easy content and DK's) so they want to get an easy way out with a new expansion.So how i see it 3.3 is gonna happen just about when 5th anniversary comes (novemeber) and then they gonna add a small patch raid at january/feb.Then there are gonna be all pre-expansion things like it happens always...free loot,mounts,skills,gear...And Cataclsym's gonna hit summer/fall of 2010

Blizzard will not care about summer break!

Every WoW player will buy the new expension! its not important for blizzard that all players will buy the expension in the same month. They can release it whenever they want. the sales will be the same. if they release the addon in summer the sales are just spread over a longer period of time and the sales are not concentrated in one month.
    Nevertheless the sales and thus the profit will be the same for blizzard. they will not loose customers just because they start the selling in summer

ps.: yeah english is not my first language

I'm guessing 4th quarter 2010. They are still supposedly trying to squeeze a 3.4 in for Lich King anyway. In addition, they have used Blizzcon (or WWI) to distribute a large number of beta keys (this year had no key short the pet), so they will likely wait until after next year's Blizzcon to launch it. Just my guess /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude_Sap
    imo blizz realised they made a huge mistake with WotLK (mainly refering to easy content and DK's) so they want to get an easy way out with a new expansion.So how i see it 3.3 is gonna happen just about when 5th anniversary comes (novemeber) and then they gonna add a small patch raid at january/feb.Then there are gonna be all pre-expansion things like it happens always...free loot,mounts,skills,gear...And Cataclsym's gonna hit summer/fall of 2010
    There will be no additional raid content in WotLK, that is a fact. After we kill Arthas, we wait for the next xpac.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

It's obvious it will come out next year of course, i really doubt it will come out in the 2nd half though, no offense but people on here are way off when it comes to patch releases and stuff like that (ALOT of people were saying 3.2.2 wont come out til november :-\) but yeah nov or dec for 3.3, and probably Q2 for cata

I'm not sure when it comes out- nobody is. But to the people saying third quarter '10, you realize you're predicting an approximately 9 month gap between 3.3 and 4.0, right? It's not impossible, I suppose, but people will be howling for blood for certain.

ALSO- someone suggested a 3.4. They are mistaken. Blizzard has been very clear all along that 3.3 is the last stop on the road for Wrath. The last major content patch of Wrath is on the PTR, so that should shade our views on the release date. I would be surprised if it wasn't out before summer 2010 rolls around.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

i think 3.3 will come out december, then cataclysm will go into beta about a month or two after so january/february, 4.0 out march and cataclysm out april, blizz wouldn't leave a huge gap between it all, if you can really relate it to the gap between 2.4 and 3.0, blizz hadn't already started wotlk before tbc's launch, like they have done this time around, if you can't notice the difference between tbc and wotlk, you're idiots, this expansion has been a lot smoother than tbc was, next major content patches have gone onto ptr's about a month after the release of the last one, they're getting better at releasing them, include the fact they had started doing cataclysm before wotlk had even come out, it took around a year for them to make wotlk as they had planned for 3.0 to be after 2.3 and not 2.4, 2.4 was implemented in order to keep people busy during the huge gap they had in order to get wotlk ready for beta, i really think cataclysm will come out sooner than the third quarter of 2010, that'd give us around 9 months of doing icecrown citadel and i can see people getting bored and leaving the game if that were to happen

This. Everyone is bored with wotlk now, even with coming 3.3
    When We Ride Our Enemies..