Anub Heroic 10 question

Just asking a little question about Anub 10man heroic.

My question is mostly for the 30% part.

I CoH now and then to keep people close to 10% with a 3k heals, and when they have the dot, renew heal is not enough, and a Flash heals for 7-8k, healing Anub.

Would it be better to go Disc and throwing shields, or a flash now and then isnt healing anub that much?

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

Re: Anub Heroic 10 question

First of all, what's your healer setup - Do you use 2 or 3 healers?
    Do you lust in p3?
    Do you get him to p3 in 1 burrow?
    How far are you from enrage?

Optimal setup is Paladin/Priest and if you're running that setup you should go disc and get PWS up on PC targets along with flash heals on them so they'll be able to survive ~2 ticks. However if you only use 2 healers, you should save lust for p3 which makes it possible for you to almost zerg through it.

Simple answer to your question: If you aren't lacking DPS on this encounter, which you shouldn't, it doesn't matter if you heal the PC targets up to a good 50-60%. Just make sure the rest of the raid bar tanks stay low.

We had to lust before 30%.
    We used pally/me as healer.
    And we had him in 2 burrows, even with the lust.

The closest we did him was 15%, and all the other attempts people had hard time with the kiting... :/

But we will try out what you said. Hope it works out. thanks.

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

The best strat for Anub 10m H is going with 2 healers. 6 dps 2 tanks and try to take anub down to 30% before he submerges 2nd time. There isnt enough cooldowns in 10m to help you kite him 2 times with only 6 orbs available. With only 1 submerge phase, you ll have at most 5 orbs to play with, which is more than sufficient. Heavey melee setup prefered as your group can cleave down the adds faster. Classes/specs with MS effect is a must.

My group consisted of me (disc) and a holy pally as a healer, lust at 30%. I poped Divine Hymn, then Power Infusion when the healing buff wore off, chained PoH till I went OOM or Anub killed. PW:S + PoM was saved for target with cold debuff, PoM kept on CD and the Pally helped shock debuffed ppl.

Another groups I know of had the shammy help healing in phase 3, as they didnt have a healadin.

Hope this help.

edit: im locking myself at 30k MP & 3k2+ SP, 40% crit heal fully raid buffed. Can go for higher mana pool, but I find it not neccesary.

If you go 2 healers and 6 dps there isn't a high requirement to keep people at low health... infact I find it difficult to keep people alive throwing out my max healing ability. My MS is shadow so I only have a Holy OS to utilise, I can see how a disc spec would be beneficial but considering the other healer can't really afford too many GCD's on anyone but the tank i'm not sure Disc has the raw multi-healing ability to keep up for long.

As holy I just keep my PoM on CD, throw flash heals on anyone with the dot and PoH every 3 serendipity stacks. I also try to throw in some renews when I get some free GCD's... with 6 dps the healing aspect isn't a great worry, your dps should easily out dps the heals. I also find that people get very low even while throwing out max heals anyways, it's not like normal mode where you can use renew to keep people on 20-30%.

As soon as I realised that it was more important to max heal rather than keep peoples health low it was a much easier phase to manage.

With 2 healers, even if you go all-out, ppl are still in low health anway. In 10m, disc > holy, since it heals single target much better, heals for longer and AoE heals for as efficient as holy with PoH. With my 30k mana pool, I ll end up oom right at the moment anub killed. The real problem is the cold debuff the boss put on random players, not the insect swarm. You can leave the rest for several second without any heal and they are still alive.

Granted, I team with a holy pally, so it may work for us only. But you never know if you dont try =)

We also run 2 healers for this, myself(disc) and a holy paladin.
    The first time we killed Anub, I wasn't very calm and was spamming PoH as much as possible. I wouldn't recommend doing that, what I've found to work best is this:

Keep PoM on CD on the main tank.
    Penance the main tank on CD.
    If you have grid or something similar, you can add a custom debuff to show up(i.e. penetrating cold)
    I PW:S and and toss a renew on the people with PC, as well as toss a flash here or there.
    If you have the raid pretty much stack on Anub, the holy light splash healing is very helpful. I find that PoH isn't very usefuly simply because it's based on the group, and not a smart heal. It's much more efficient to just snipe flashes and shield/renew the PC debuff people, while making sure your tanks don't die.
    Also, I find it helpful to throw up SW:P and DP right as phase 3 starts, after wiping and losing insanity with Anub at 4000 health, I'm going to make sure I keep dots up as much as possible

The first time we killed anub, my stats were somewhere around 27k mana, 2500 SP, and 33% crit, fully raid buffed.