Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shadowmourne and its "Alt form" speculation...

Quote Originally Posted by 1face
    There is also the runes on the blade too that needs answering, maybe Darion helps in that area? using a runeforge perhaps?
    There is a reference to using Light's Hammer (Arthas' old pally hammer) on a runeforge for one quest.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    I generally consider myself to be mostly hardcore-25, but then again I'm not completely fucking retarded as opposed to most of the vocal hardcore-25 types posting on here.

Provided 10H is difficult enough, I wouldn't really mind an alt-form of Shadowmourne with way less stats.
    There are problems that would arise from this depending on how it was handled, unfortunately.

Such as:

People getting geared from 25m and then feeling like they "have" to farm up 10-man for legendary pieces.

People with gear from 25m HM and trivializing "legendary" content.

Having 25m HM gear be better than a "legendary" item. Not so deserving of its orange status if there are purps in the same tier that're much better.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor
    There are problems that would arise from this depending on how it was handled, unfortunately.

Such as:

People getting geared from 25m and then feeling like they "have" to farm up 10-man for legendary pieces.

People with gear from 25m HM and trivializing "legendary" content.

Having 25m HM gear be better than a "legendary" item. Not so deserving of its orange status if there are purps in the same tier that're much better.
    How is this any different from current 10-man heroics?

Tons of BiS items come from 10-man heroics, those are usually farmed by people in 25 heroic gear. Most people raiding Coliseum in fact raid all four lockouts to farm badges anyway...the whole "we made 10 man raids for people that want to play with smaller groups" is actually seldom used by people who actually only do 10-mans.

10+ Year Old Account

How is this any different from current 10-man heroics?

Tons of BiS items come from 10-man heroics, those are usually farmed by people in 25 heroic gear. Most people raiding Coliseum in fact raid all four lockouts to farm badges anyway...the whole "we made 10 man raids for people that want to play with smaller groups" is actually seldom used by people who actually only do 10-mans.

Because it's orange.

And there's always mass hysteria, panic, and QQ when it's Legendary.

Edit: me speel gud

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor
    Because it's orange.

And there's always mass histeria, panic, and QQ when it's Legendary.
    Point.

Could still be an epic alt-model with the same general questline.

Either way, I'm hoping the weapon itself is cool...and MORE like the Corrupted Ashbringer.

10+ Year Old Account

Could still be an epic alt-model with the same general questline.

Either way, I'm hoping the weapon itself is cool...and MORE like the Corrupted Ashbringer.
    I definitely don't disagree that it would be awesome.

And I agree about the cool-factor of the Corrupted Ashbringer and eagerly await the nifty special things this axe will have/do beyond good stats.

Quote Originally Posted by 1face
    The blade is dropped of a boss, possibly a Death Knight is in the high ranks or high in terms of lore.. such as Saurfang Jr. for example? or Bolvar considering the rumor of him going to the Forsaken as "B" has gone. Both are considered possible DK's in the new raid. :P
    Can't believe I missed this.

"B" isn't Bolvar, it's an orc commander sent to watch over the Forsaken. His name starts with a "B", I just forget what it is...he's new and unimportant though.

Can't believe I missed this.

"B" isn't Bolvar, it's an orc commander sent to watch over the Forsaken. His name starts with a "B", I just forget what it is...he's new and unimportant though.
    Yup, B was believed (before the PTR went up) to be Bolvar by people. It was confirmed it is the Orc Commander you speak of, Bragor Bloodfist. Sent to watch over the Forsaken.

So now, Bolvar can be brought back into the scene of the Lich King as a possible boss in the new raid.

miniseto

There's not going to be a legendary from 10 man...

I feel that if Blizzard even remotely came close to putting something relating to a Legendary in a 10 man, it would be a purple of the same model, much like the Alt version we're talking about. And the main version being the legendary gaied from 25mans.

However I doubt they'd do that. 10mans were orginally put in for guilds not big enough for 25man, and was an optional choice for those who were in guilds that could support 25mans. Probably due to the small amount of raids at the start, people who raid play ALOT would have something to do after clearing the 25 version.

I will admit, the added 10mans to be alot more than that over patches when we started getting more to do, but 25 man will always be the main focus for the bigger things.. and a Legendary is a BIG thing, it's where it belongs.

heres an idea which will probly annoy ALOT of people.

1 version is a 25man ''herioc'' ledgendary ( see where im going )
    1 version is a 10man ledgendary (obviously lower ilvl )

with all the equal oppotunity gear going around i dont see why blizzard wouldnt do something this lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjy
    with all the equal oppotunity gear going around i dont see why blizzard wouldnt do something this lame.
    You know what happens then don't you? You say that now, but when you start seeing everyone with the 10man version LEGENDARY (< notice I caps'd it?) you, and not only you.. but everyone will go:

"Omg why did blizzard do that, giving everyone a friggin' legendary... that's so lame. I hate you blizzard, ruined the game"

And I'll be sitting here, laughing, going like.. "Ruinned the game? Haha.. they do things because you wanted them to, but then you hate them for it. GG"

Shadowmourne, Blade of Legends confirmed.

So far consists of:
    Questlines
    Runeforging by Highlord Mograine (Darion)
    Arthas' old hammer: Light's Vengence

So it's to a Item that is dropped to start a quest. Most likely Rare drop, and most likely from a boss in 25man. After a series of quests it will then lead you to take it to be crafted from Arthas' old hammer and then Runeforged all by Darion in Ice Crown Citadel to create the foundation, with your assistance.

I would assume it wouldn't stop there, the skull from the image is most likely still to be the hilt of Frostmourne so you'd have to kill Arthas for a rare drop or a quest item. The 'mourne' in each name of the weapons would have to mean (obviously pointing out) that it's combined with something from Frostmourne.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by miniseto
    There's not going to be a legendary from 10 man...
    You can confirm this from what facts?

Everything right now is speculation. Don't pretend you know everything. You'd be suprised what Blizzard will do.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

There are 2 versions of the Axe, The Unforged one that is epic, then the forged version that is created from drops through the raid. When its forged it Becomes the Legendary Shadowmourne. It ONLY drops in 25 man
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

15+ Year Old Account

I actually had a dream about this last night. I dreamed that the 'alt' model is a pretty powerful epic axe that drops off something like Sindragosa.

And then that some random dude in Ensidia got the killing blow on Arthas using that axe, thus turning it into Shadowmourne. Highly unlikely, but I thought I'd share my twisted WoW related dreams.