Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Holy Pally Weapon Options

I say bring back the 2 hander healing maces

It may not be ideal but, that's WoW. It's a lot better than TBC, which was a lot better than vanilla.

If you expect itemization to be fair, you're just asking to get frustrated. It never will be.
    Ephemera - Grievance - Thrall [H]
    Sybilfawlty - We Have Cookies - Stormrage [A]

wow this topic is WAAAY off where it should've been.

Either way. iam a holypally

My current weapon is Turning Tide (ilvl 226)

the most easily obtainable weapon upgrades would be:
    Razorscale25 healing mace (ilvl 232)
    Anub10 (ilvl 232)

these 2 weapons i have and will continue to pass on to other healers simply becuase i tryed for a REALLY long time dickbanging for 6 months in naxx for my weapon.

so the real upgrades now!:
    hodir25 hardmode (ilvl 239) <-- we quit doing ulduar 25 week before last our raid has 2 of these maces)
    legendary <---- i have 1 shard!
    anub10 HARD(ilvl245)<- this is the 1st real upgrade!!! this is very easily obtainable imo, compared to turning tide.
    Onyxia25 sword (ilvl245) <-- this sword has Hit rating not our BiS but i would steal it from any caster.
    anub25 (ilv245) <--yada yada

so from turning tide the two weapons iam trying for are:

Mace of the Earthborn Chieftain anub10hard
    +42 Stamina
    +45 Intellect
    Red Socket
    Item Level 245
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 50
    Equip: Increases spell power by 621
    Equip: Restores 25 mana per 5 secs

Polished Azuresong Mageblade <----- onyxia 25
    +44 Stamina
    +63 Intellect
    Durability: 105 / 105
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 245
    Equip: Improves hit rating by 44
    Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 51
    Equip: Increases spell power by 621

shammys and druids can also use fist weapons

6 months in nax? i'd have just killed myself. 2 weeks in ulduar and i had the 232 mace. don't worry about leg mace, 10 man anub heroic is already as good. and going to low lvl content like ulduar and nax sucks.

The mace is amazing, don't undersell it. We have three now in our main raids and four in guild (we got one from our PUG ulduar for one of our alts). The proc is an easy ~20% increase to your "healing". It is BIS by far and likely will be unmatched until the next expansion.

It's so good that our whole guild blows one day a week clearing Ulduar even though there is literally nothing else there anyone wants. We go there for the sole reason of getting another mace completed before IC.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joarrak
    Just a comment, Shamans can also use staves.
    They can also use fist weapons (naxx anyone?).

Druids can also use fist weapons and daggers.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    I don't see your point.

Priests and druids can use 3 diferent weapons for healing (and for caster dps, also). Their weapons are shared by warlocks and mages (staffs, daggers), resto shamans, elemental shamans and paladins (maces).

Paladins can use 2, one of them being hardly balanced for healers (swords). Paladins and shamans have to share their maces with priests and druids (both dps and heals), and their few swords (Turning Tide and Mortalis are the only without wasted stats, such as spirit and hit) with mages and warlocks.

Resto Druids and Priests have arena staffs (more than one) and the mace. Resto shammans have the mace and the dagger. Paladins have only the mace, thus giving us not choice betwen mp5, haste or critical. Blizzard only give us the mp5 option, which is not always what we want. For God's sake, it isn't a drop, and we should be able to get the weapon we want, like all other healers can. And please do not say "Those weapons are for dps specs", because any decent disc priest or resto druid will use the spellpen off-hand for arenas.

I can't see why paladins should have more problems to get weapons than other classes. I didn't say the we should have a Holy Paladin weapon, I just said that more options would be fine.

Here is where things can be considered unbalancied. Shamans might want to complaing too, after all there isn't any healer/cast fist weapon since 3.0. I'm not even counting Axes, since they do not are a choice for healers.

And about the "why don't you get val'anyr" comment: I'm not talking about myself, I'm pretty happy with my weapon, thanks. The thread is about the difficulty that a spec has to obtain a weapon, not a QQ from a player that can't get their hands into a decent weapon.

Even if you are in a good raiding guild, is hard to imagine a 25 group with more than 2 legendary maces. Considering you raid with four to seven healers (dual-spec included), you really can't be serious that you are expecting all them to have a Val'anyr, that requires enormous farming and luck, for their Best (and possible) in slot.

The same thing might be said about off-set itens, like rings, back and neck. We cannot use spirit/hit itens (without wasting stats), while priests/druids will be happy to use "ours" haste/crit + mp5 itens, and casters will be glad to loot sp/crit/haste pieces as well. They just have more options, while we can only wait we have to wait for luck to win a rare drop.

Have you noticed that there isn't a single spell power ring without hit/spirit on ToC 10-man? The only options left are the Triumph ring (that is BiS) and a Lord Jaraxxus ring (haste/mp5). All others rings have hit and/or spirit on it, lacking from other important stat. The same problem can be easily observed with backs, but it got better with a new Onyxia 25-man drop (sp/haste/sp).

TL;DR

Sorry about the wall of text. We are the healers with less weapon options, period.
    only read some of this foolishness...

we are also the only healers with plate and one of two who use shields... that seems a little unfair to the ones who aren't plate and cant use shields.... they should just make all the healers the same, all plate, all with every heal, all with every CD, all able to use every wpn, all with shields.. um... yeah then you'd have 1 healer....

nah pallys are fine...

less QQ

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths

we are also the only healers with plate and one of two who use shields... that seems a little unfair to the ones who aren't plate and cant use shields.... they should just make all the healers the same, all plate, all with every heal, all with every CD, all able to use every wpn, all with shields.. um... yeah then you'd have 1 healer....

nah pallys are fine...

less QQ
    Yes, I did notice that you didn't read the whole post, because what you said doesn't make any sense. Read the TL;DR version and try to disagree, but please do use correct info this time, ok?

I'm still waiting for someone give me a magical solution for pvp-weapons. Why Holy Paladins are the only class in the game that only have one option to use?

And I know shamans can use staffs, but so we can use off-hands, and I'd never drop my shield for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths

nah pallys are fine...

less QQ
    I disagree with the concept that being a plate wearing healing class is some great boon. That comes into effect in a PvE environment once every never. And in the end, we come with less total heath than most clothies to compensate - a handicap that DOES tend to matter rather often.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Frankly i find the idea of Paladin running around with daggers and staves to be....LOLWUT

I do agree that a healing mace should deff drop in both 10's and 25's to accomodate both types of raiders as its kinda bad (when take me for example) when you've been using the same mace off of 10 man KT since sometime last december only to get an upgrade this past Tuesday in ToC 10 thanks to the ONE healing weapon in Uld 25 never dropping for you...

I second that, I can't count the number of times I lolhealed through a Naxx25 to have some random crap drop off a Kel... Halp Blizz...

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    I can't see why blizzard won't let paladins use daggers. Or, at least, give more options for classes that can't use staffs.
    I don't see why blizzard won't let shaman use sword...in fact I find it kind of silly with all the stat homogenization that they are still restricting weapons on certain classes.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat