Sunder armor and PVP

Ohaithar.

so I have been trying to get high ratings in arenas for a long time now, especialy in the 2v2 braket. And it dawned on me tonight (mainly because my rogue friend told me when i asked him for help lol). so im doing these games, and my friend said to me to start using sunder armor on out last teams. and i thaught that this was a really good idea, so i did. i found my damage went down by a lot, but i was able to (sometimes) make those precious killing blows (which is what my original problem was).

Also before i started sundering i was doing a _LOT_ more damage than the opposing damage do-er. like 200k more. but we were still losing because i couldn't seem to kill somebody before they killed MY holy paladin. keeping in mind that were only at like the 1k rating mark, I think that this is REALLLLYYYY useless for somebody who has been doing this for like 2 years now.

I have read forums, watched videos and done just about everything anybody has ever suggested to me, all ending in failure. I think that all the things that i read make sense, and when i go to apply them, and practice them for a long long time, i should be able to carry my current twos partner from here to 1850 easy sauce, on shear skill alone. I don't mean to sound cocky or anything, but i have over 110 days played on my warrior, and i'd like very much to see some results out of my hard work.

Also this is not the first time i have come to this forum with THIS problem, So im kinda sick of useless trolling advice, so can i please get intelligent responses from somebody who actually knows what their doing (and maybe what i'm doing wrong). thanks in advance! =D
    ~Skelitor~

Re: Sunder armor and PVP

Dmg done isn't really a good gauge for winning arena matches. You just need to make that killing blow.

Think about it, the reason your dmg is high is because the healer is healing through your damage (compare dmg done to enemy healing done)

war/pally iz hard

The idea is that your damage goes up when someone is sundered, but it goes way down if you have to restack sunder a bunch of times. So if you know you are going to be able to stay on target for a while and keep the stack stack rolling, then you should sunder. But if you are going to be peeled/CCed often and are going to have to rebuild your stack of sunders repeatedly, then don't bother.

Ok, so say the team im fighting is DK druid. because DKs are so anoying with the death grip im probbaly gonna get peeled off the druid. I know about making hard switches on the target that doesent have hots on them, but that can be really hard, even though im getting prety good at it. but in that situation i'd want to kill the DK right?

thats just a situational. i know their are hundreds of possabilities but with resto druids theres usual a mele class, and i'd think that in any case OTHER than a DK the druid would probably be the one to die.

also why is paly war so much harder than druid war? besides the obvious that Druids are Better, why does that mean that palys arent good enough to keep up?

DK druid you'll find yourself Deathgripped to a root/chain cyclone back to another deadthgrip/root. You literally have about a 10 sec window of dpsing time before you'll get peeled again.

Sunders would do more harm than good against this combo...unless you're planning on dpsing the DK down.....shudder.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

The strength of the Restoration Druid is that they can be CCd or even killed an still do a significant amount of healing on their partner. This is not the case with any other healing class. Also they can escape nearly all movement slowing effects repeatedly which cannot be done by other healers (Shamans to an extent I suppose).

That being said there are certain strategies, especially in 2s, that make taking down a team with a Resto Druid fairly easy. I'm sure you'll figure it out or could ask around. I already have enough problems with Warriors on my Druid so I prefer not to share info on how to rolfwtfstomp me. >.<

NERF ARMOR PEN TO THE GROUND PLX! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    The strength of the Restoration Druid is that they can be CCd or even killed an still do a significant amount of healing on their partner. This is not the case with any other healing class. Also they can escape nearly all movement slowing effects repeatedly which cannot be done by other healers (Shamans to an extent I suppose).

That being said there are certain strategies, especially in 2s, that make taking down a team with a Resto Druid fairly easy. I'm sure you'll figure it out or could ask around. I already have enough problems with Warriors on my Druid so I prefer not to share info on how to rolfwtfstomp me. >.<

NERF ARMOR PEN TO THE GROUND PLX! =D
    IE...switch targets a lot. Druid runs...dps the dk...druid shows up, focus charge the druid.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    The idea is that your damage goes up when someone is sundered, but it goes way down if you have to restack sunder a bunch of times. So if you know you are going to be able to stay on target for a while and keep the stack stack rolling, then you should sunder. But if you are going to be peeled/CCed often and are going to have to rebuild your stack of sunders repeatedly, then don't bother.
    If your going 30 seconds without attacking your main target your fucked.

Stack sunder its a terrible debuff to have, in pvp its not about dps its about damage spikes the healer can heal straight out non spikey damage with relative ease if they lose 20% armor you hit for much bigger spikes
    The sunder stacked mortal striked target will die in the trinket proc berserking bladestorm the unsundered one didn't.
    Arena is the form of pvp you have the best designed to you applying your debuffs and then putting someone away, as the healing is balanced to keep itself and another up to two others alive in normal dps situations.

In the arena your target will get away from you hit sunder everytime your on them and its not going away and in the situation youve cauht them for a fair amount of time they have it stacked and take much bigger hits

Sunder owns.

And, pally/warrior is by no means a bad comp. Well, if oyu get your pally to spec Prot.

Have your partner get the Avenger's Shield and possibly Exorcism glyphs and practice synching up wings + exorcism + Avenger's shield (+ judgement/hammer of wrath) while you bladestorm after a mortal strike. Unless they outgear you, they will probably die. :P

Maybe you're just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix
    Maybe you're just bad.
    OH troll inc!
    i said i want useful advice, which something i think have gotten. i think you should burn in hell, and i could kick your ass any day of the week. on my useless disk priest too.

I'l look into my pally specing prot for some damage burst and silences.

try using sunders in rotation when u got everything on cd or waiting for overpower/execute procs

worth on every plate user

Quote Originally Posted by leolol
    OH troll inc!
    i said i want useful advice, which something i think have gotten. i think you should burn in hell, and i could kick your ass any day of the week. on my useless disk priest too.

I'l look into my pally specing prot for some damage burst and silences.
    But you just said in your original post you can't make it past 1k. Seriously, maybe you're just bad at WoW PvP for whatever reason. Some people are just bad at things and always will be.

But you just said in your original post you can't make it past 1k. Seriously, maybe you're just bad at WoW PvP for whatever reason. Some people are just bad at things and always will be.
    It could be his partner. Healadins are so damn easy to drop atm it's really sad. I'm a rogue and I always hit the healadin first, and ignore the dps. Why? I know that I'll make the pally bubble in a matter of seconds, between 5-6 secs after my first hit and I will not use my stun. Once he does that I'll beat his partner and stun his partner. Then restealth, once his bbl drops typically it'll take me 10-15 secs to drop him. Honestly they're in a really bad state atm. Only thing a healadin can really do is just put BoL on the warrior, BoF himself and then spam heal himself. He can time his stuns on the DPS on him to hit when his BoF is down to help regain a bit more space. Chances are what's happening (a guess on my part) is that you're doing a lot of hard switches to help your partner out, which is fine. However if your doing it to help your partner most of the time instead of at critical points to really pressure a team you won't come out on top. You'll end up playing defense too much.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Im sorry but after two years of practice i truly belive that im not "just bad at it".
    and thank you garrim for you HELPfull advice. I guess maybe it is the paladin =(
    I have been looking for a druid for months! lol