Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    I just brain stormed something but i am sure there are 100 reasons why it is bad but here it it goes... Give spriest's the inverse of swiftmend. a spell with a fair CD (30 to 60 sec maybe alter with glyph) and make it eat all your dots on a target and do the damage at once. So it would take the remaining seconds of SW:P DP and VT and make the hit at once and fall off. Ok, tell me how this is bad and where it could be tweaked or what would be a fair trade off.

  2. #22

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by isfry
    I just brain stormed something but i am sure there are 100 reasons why it is bad but here it it goes... Give spriest's the inverse of swiftmend. a spell with a fair CD (30 to 60 sec maybe alter with glyph) and make it eat all your dots on a target and do the damage at once. So it would take the remaining seconds of SW:P DP and VT and make the hit at once and fall off. Ok, tell me how this is bad and where it could be tweaked or what would be a fair trade off.
    It is a pretty good idea, and the damage could increased by x% of haste to make us scale better with haste.

  3. #23

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    It's all very well and good to argue that Shadow Priests require "Skill" to play, and that being complex is a good thing... etc....


    But in the end, it doesn't do much good when we're using our "leet" Shadow Priest skillz to get us to the point of Viable, when a raid and pvp group can easily replace you for someone who doesn't need skill to play their class.


    I mean if you had a choice, would a group choose a Shadow Priest, or something like a Warlock or Mage.


    We're easily replaceable because our PVE numbers are down and it's a struggle in PVP, and THAT is what is wrong with us.

    These days I feel I really need to be on top of my game and go out of my way to impress my raid leader, because the moment I start to falter, I'm being replaced with a face roll class.

    80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

  4. #24

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Yes this is another big reason. We need to do a perfect rotation, perfect DOT management, perfect CD use,
    JUST to reach any kind of resonable dps.. If u mess up even once ur DPS meter doesnt forgive, neither does the RL when he can replace u with a ret that does 3X ur dps in worse gear by simply mashing 1-4 with an occasional 5.

    I see there trying to make haste a usefull stat for us.. and there blabbing on about glyphs this and that.. why not just give shadow form a % damage gain from haste, just like it did from crt % before our dots could crit.

    yet more evidance to show how shit SPs scale and how complex our DPS rotations are

    http://www.ensidia.com/community/blogs/1062.html


  5. #25

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Yes this is another big reason. We need to do a perfect rotation, perfect DOT management, perfect CD use,
    JUST to reach any kind of resonable dps.. If u mess up even once ur DPS meter doesnt forgive, neither does the RL when he can replace u with a ret that does 3X ur dps in worse gear by simply mashing 1-4 with an occasional 5.

    I see there trying to make haste a usefull stat for us.. and there blabbing on about glyphs this and that.. why not just give shadow form a % damage gain from haste, just like it did from crt % before our dots could crit.
    The idea of %haste increasing the damage of the dot is a simple fix that is only there until an actual fix happens. This time they're just going out with their idea for the fix instead of increasing our dps through a talent/glyph while they get haste into dots.

  6. #26

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    I agree 100% about this thread, Shadow Priests are the worst dps class in the game at the moment, both for PvP and PvE, and I stopped playing my main since the end of TBC.

    and I TOTALLY agree about PW:S sucking. You really could cast a few times before its gone. Now it's almost a waste of your GCD.

    And I think that while in Shadowform, your Vampiric Touch becomes a passive ability that procs on every dmg spell you cast.

  7. #27

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    I hate when they nerf fear, mostly because the spell is close to useless since the nerf from 20% to 10%, i never realized shadow priests is affected by the same nerf.
    The problem warlocks and shadow priests have right now (and since the beginning of wotlk) is that fights doesn't last long enough for our dots to make a lot of damage.
    Well, at least we (warlocks) can respec to our glass-cannon spec.

    One way of buffing shadow priests would be to make your 61 point talent (can't remember the name of it) also give you 36% of your total hp.

    As for your PvE damage output, Ghostcrawler talked about making haste affect the ticks of dots. Hopefully this will help you with that. ^^

    I know that shadow priests scale bad with gear but can someone please tell me what stat you don't benefit a lot from (except haste)?



    Edit: Look what i found
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    We do recognise that Shadow priest single-target damage is on the low side. In 3.3 we plan to have some changes coming to bring them up a bit. Most of the changes will likely be made on the glyph side of things, something along the lines of trying a glyph to let SW:P scale with haste or similar.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/11155...-pathetic.html


  8. #28

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    As for your PvE damage output, Ghostcrawler talked about making haste affect the ticks of dots. Hopefully this will help you with that. ^^

    I know that shadow priests scale bad with gear but can someone please tell me what stat you don't benefit a lot from (except haste)?



    Edit: Look what i found
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    We do recognise that Shadow priest single-target damage is on the low side. In 3.3 we plan to have some changes coming to bring them up a bit. Most of the changes will likely be made on the glyph side of things, something along the lines of trying a glyph to let SW:P scale with haste or similar.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/6/11155...-pathetic.html
    You do realize that the blue quote is saying what GC already said, but in a more vague manner?

  9. #29

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Actually, I've all but stopped playing my Shadow Priest because of how horrible we do with compairable gear. I had pretty much equivalent gear to a mage and a warlock in myg uild, and I pulled 1-2k less dps in Uld 10. I love the dots.. I just don't like the setup time.

    I think alot of our dps issues are in the setup time. Casting our 3 dots(plus or minus VE, thats a personal preferance more or less) takes a bunch of time that could be used doing mind flay or mind blast if its off cooldown. On trash, by the time we're done with setup and working on a solid rotation the enemy is dead or almost there. Which is why I skip dots on trash.

    I think if they altered dots somehow to do inital damage, that would make them a bit more appealing, and help out our dps a bit so we have initial damage. Either make them some sort of a nuke with an added dot(Holy fire like. Shadow Fire mehbeh?), or just start ticking the second they were applied.

    But thats just my opinion.

  10. #30

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Well, the haste scaling they have built in to Shadowform on the test realm, which should allow your DPS to scale more competatively, as will the other small DPS increases they have added.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  11. #31

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Well, the haste scaling they have built in to Shadowform on the test realm, which should allow your DPS to scale more competatively, as will the other small DPS increases they have added.
    Our only question now is how good it actually is...

  12. #32

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Well, the current buffs on the test realm seem to be:

    Haste scaling with Damage over Time spells
    Glyph of Shadow increasing your spellpower by 30% instead of 10%
    Double the damage on Improved Devouring Plague initial damage

    Vampiric Embrace being changed to a self-buff will be nice as well, and we get an additional Glyph slot.

    I am interested in seeing a comparison in terms of DPS from current numbers to the test-realm numbers, but it looks promising.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  13. #33

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    And now will come the afflic warlocks demanding dots that scale with haste, and with them, the destro locks wanting the same thing.

    While I have nothing against warlocks or any class in general, the buff for shadowpriests, to be something other then a healing lock minus a nuke, is long overdue. Blizzard has stated they want to shy away from class homogenization, so that means, likely, they'll add the haste to the afflic locks, but keep the majority of the dots scaling with haste away from destro, which is needed.

    It's a good change over all, because while we're acting as the test rats for how haste will do with dots, they also buff our damage with it.

    tl; Dr: Haste for shadowpriests and some afflic dots is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeBa
    When I was a kid, my parents would lock me outside and make me play all day in the hot sun. Now kids these days play on the internet all day and their parents give them web cameras and let them play video games. I don't know what's happening to the world anymore...

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,816

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jep
    And now will come the afflic warlocks demanding dots that scale with haste, and with them, the destro locks wanting the same thing.

    While I have nothing against warlocks or any class in general, the buff for shadowpriests, to be something other then a healing lock minus a nuke, is long overdue. Blizzard has stated they want to shy away from class homogenization, so that means, likely, they'll add the haste to the afflic locks, but keep the majority of the dots scaling with haste away from destro, which is needed.

    It's a good change over all, because while we're acting as the test rats for how haste will do with dots, they also buff our damage with it.

    tl; Dr: Haste for shadowpriests and some afflic dots is a good thing.
    The only haste Warlocks need is the one they are getting, Corruption, and we get to glyph for it. We don't need to scale with haste, we have dispel insurance with UA, and Corruption hits for a lot, as does UA, Agony is in itself is a small amount of dmg and cannot crit so the lock damage is made up in UA, and COR, Haste effecting one of our critting dots will scale the same as it effecting all 3 Priests dots. not to mention Haunt increases the over all damage by a huge amount.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  15. #35

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diolol
    Yeah how about let sps train every skill from talents a priest has...

    Stop your crying about SPs not being effective. I've had friends who got Gladiator as a sp and I know people who raid as a sp and don't need to go on forums to cry about dps at all.
    /wave

    Hi there.

    I fixed my roommate, he made me cry when I saw him DPSing on Ignis and I saw... what I can't unsee. He's gotten better, but... TotL Sps don't QQ about stupid shit cuz they are busy owning shit.

    Cept in PVP, goddamn it if I still don't get 8K crits in dispersion with 900 resil. WTF is that about, anyways, Glad title regardless. /suckone
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Unholyground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,816

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    /wave

    Hi there.

    I fixed my roommate, he made me cry when I saw him DPSing on Ignis and I saw... what I can't unsee. He's gotten better, but... TotL Sps don't QQ about stupid shit cuz they are busy owning shit.

    Cept in PVP, goddamn it if I still don't get 8K crits in dispersion with 900 resil. WTF is that about, anyways, Glad title regardless. /suckone
    Always make sure you use PWS before you disperse, if you do there is no Attack PvP or PvE that can kill you once both are in place lol.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

    -Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

  17. #37

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Always make sure you use PWS before you disperse, if you do there is no Attack PvP or PvE that can kill you once both are in place lol.
    Hi, your doorbell's ringing. Chaos Bolt and Avenging Wrath want to know if you can come out and play.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  18. #38

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    avenging rath no longer does that, but choas bolt does.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

  19. #39

    Re: How to * fix* Shadow priests.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    avenging rath no longer does that, but choas bolt does.
    They are removing Sanctified Wrath?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •