Poll: Pala vs. Dk

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DK vs Pala. Which is best?

Rets outmatch more classes 1v1 due to their BoP, BoF and ability to heal themselves at all times. The damage of the two are very comperable, however the Pala can drop and heal up during a repentance while the DK has to sack his Ghoul which is on a long CD and reduces the player's damage output.

Pally because Blizzard loves them, and won't let hunters have a chance in PvP without a Speed Nurf.

Lol don't listen to most of these people. Ret is is so terrible compared to a dk you ask why ? Well what does a pally have that a dk doesn't? Bubble, freedom, Bop, The ability to cast healing, and an easier way to do damage. Yes Ret has a low skill cap. But what does a Dk have over a paladin ASM, Death grip, Bone shield, Icebound Fortitude, a pet, Anti magic zone, litch borne, and decent healing.

So basically the death knight has higher utility and the ability to direct how fight will go with death grip, They also have so many damage reduction cooldowns that it is equal to if not better overall then bubble. Also if a ret paladin gets cced even for a little bit that means that he is doing far less damage. And blowing cooldowns and building up fulll runic power the dk has on demand burst, unlike a ret which has to wait for crits to do high burst dmg. And that why you don't see any ret paladin teams in any tournaments. They just don't have any utility. I mean hell they don't have ms or an interrupt.

Its not like the healing situations much better either. Although with the right 2 partners in the arena 3s bracket your basiclly there for the bubble win over other comps/classes of healers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch
    This is how the conversation went concerning Death Knights...

All Players: Hey Blizz? DKs are OP. Nerf please.
    Death Knights: Yeah, we're a little OP, we wouldn't mind a nerf.
    Blizzard: *nerfbat*

NEXT PATCH!

All PvPers: Death Knights are waaaaay OP, Blizz. Nerf plz.
    Death Knights: Meh. We think we're okay (They weren't)

NEXT-NEXT PATCH!

People who suck at arena: DKs r OP nerf nao!!!!!!11!
    Death Knights: We're...not doing so hot. And all these PvP nerfs are really hurting us in PvE...

NEXT-NEXT-NEXT PATCH!!!

Kids who suck at arena: NERF DKS THEY R OP!!!!!11!!!11!QQ
    Death Knights: We're getting facefucked like people in the movie Alien, no more nerfs, PLEASE!!!
    Blizzard: *nerbat*

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Playing a DK in arena isn't hard, per se. But it isn't faceroll, anymore, and anyone who says it is severely lacking in PvP skills.

Tell me about it..
    All these pvp nerfs fucked up our tanking quite bad, we still are great tanks, if you know how it's done.
    But, we used to be better.. shit ton of armor, and stamina... now we're down lower than every other tanking class in stamina. Paladins get all they're talents which add up higher than our 6%+8%.. warriors get shields, and a gun which can have a LOT of stamina, and druids.. do i even need to say anything?
    I 3d print stuff

Paladins are in a stronger position for PvP ATM, I believe. All three specs are viable and they're an integral part of most killer team combinations out there - in fact, all of them excluding RPM, I think.

For solo PvP, BG, or 2v2... Paladin's glaring flaw is their lack of interrupts bar their minute cooldowns, DKs instead can't really heal or burst as quickly. Both classes have trouble against healers. Ideally paired with a warrior or rogue for a Paladin, as you get the interrupts and healing mitigation you lack.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Majesty

Can Deathknight's heal (other than the one attack that does)?

No.

The answer is paladin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch
    This is how the conversation went concerning Death Knights...

All Players: Hey Blizz? DKs are OP. Nerf please.
    Death Knights: Yeah, we're a little OP, we wouldn't mind a nerf.

NEXT PATCH!

All PvPers: Death Knights are waaaaay OP, Blizz. Nerf plz.
    Death Knights: Meh. We think we're okay (They weren't)

NEXT-NEXT PATCH!

People who suck at arena: DKs r OP nerf nao!!!!!!11!
    Death Knights: We're...not doing so hot. And all these PvP nerfs are really hurting us in PvE...

NEXT-NEXT-NEXT PATCH!!!

Kids who suck at arena: NERF DKS THEY R OP!!!!!11!!!11!QQ
    Death Knights: We're getting facefucked like people in the movie Alien, no more nerfs, PLEASE!!!
    Blizzard: *nerbat*

__________________________________________________________________________________
    Playing a DK in arena isn't hard, per se. But it isn't faceroll, anymore, and anyone who says it is severely lacking in PvP skills.
    Posts like these that try to be funny but contain stupid ignorant shit in it really ticks me off.

IF BLIZZARD LISTENED TO WHINY QQ KIDS THIS GAME WOULD HAVE EVERYONE RUNNING AROUND 1 SHOTTING EVERY BOSS IN THE GAME IN A PERMA BUBBLE.

When a few qqtards complain about stupid shit like "zomg killshot hitted me 4 15k!11NURFpls!11" then, yes, they have no merit and are ignored. When half the population is QQing about a class, then chances are, there is probably something wrong with that class. The only people that were saying DKs were fine were the DKs.

Stop being a retard and use your head thing for once, god damn!

If you think DKs are bad in PvP, go play any other class (except Rets, they more OP) and then try again.

Oh and Unholy DKs are are still OP in arena, nerfpls blizz.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Can Deathknight's heal (other than the one attack that does)?

No.

The answer is paladin.
    yeah, they should add something like rune tap so that they could heal themselves instantly and maybe even something like where they could insta summon and then sacrifice their pet to heal themselves so like heal themselves to full with no cast time only about 3 or so GCDs that would be coooool

Hi, I'm Lerty.

They both suck hard now as warriros did in S5.(expect holy spec wich still ok in arena).

And if u talking about duels - DK should end paladin anytime anypalce as long he have clue.

If you're going to play alot of BG's, play a ret paladin. With SoC+Divine Storm+Auto hit with all critting can one shot cloth/leather users with low resilience. Mail users usually go down if a stun if their resilience is low

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    Posts like these that try to be funny but contain stupid ignorant shit in it really ticks me off.

IF BLIZZARD LISTENED TO WHINY QQ KIDS THIS GAME WOULD HAVE EVERYONE RUNNING AROUND 1 SHOTTING EVERY BOSS IN THE GAME IN A PERMA BUBBLE.

When a few qqtards complain about stupid shit like "zomg killshot hitted me 4 15k!11NURFpls!11" then, yes, they have no merit and are ignored. When half the population is QQing about a class, then chances are, there is probably something wrong with that class. The only people that were saying DKs were fine were the DKs.

Stop being a retard and use your head thing for once, god damn!

If you think DKs are bad in PvP, go play any other class (except Rets, they more OP) and then try again.

Oh and Unholy DKs are are still OP in arena, nerfpls blizz.
    It's too bad he was right. I'm willing to bet you're either a Retadin or one of the many dum-dums who still get beat by baddie DKs.