Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Hippogryph Mount, Patch 3.3 Quests, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Druid flight form? Should walk to! But would look funny at 100% Meep Meep!
    WANT TO SEE THIS

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermindz
    Concerning the hippogryph animation, there was a blue post on french forums saying that it would be implemented in patch 3.2 but well... EU forums are not the place to go for "news".

And DLC is awesome as usual. :P
    The reality in this was something close to this:
    "We were told the US devs would have the hippogryph mount ground walking implemented in 3.2"
    After 3.2:
    "They were lazy as always"

Really pleased about the Hippogryph ground animation, now it is definetly my favourite mount.

The Quel'Delar stuff sounds quite interesting too...

Now we just need a hippo with 310% speed

I got many 310% speed mounts but there is so many 280% speed I like more

What makes us think q'd is a legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

...reeeeally?? Shadowmourne, (legendary) Blade of Legends.....?

That. Is. Brutal.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

I'm throwing my hat into the Flight Form Run Animation campaign. Flight form should chicken-run, just wark wark along the ground with our wings lifted up a bit and heads down. It'd look so funny and cute. I'd also have no problem with swift flight being 60% on the ground because 100% might look really silly, though they would never do that for balance reasons.

I've just wanted to chicken run since I was level 68.

Little by little, every bit of anything unique is being removed.

One of the major things that set the hippogryph apart from the rest of the mounts was that it never touched the ground. It has legs, but the mighty hippogryph was too majestic to soil its feet.

So much for "fun". Then again, Blizz has been nerfing that since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury
    Little by little, every bit of anything unique is being removed.

One of the major things that set the hippogryph apart from the rest of the mounts was that it never touched the ground. It has legs, but the mighty hippogryph was too majestic to soil its feet.

So much for "fun". Then again, Blizz has been nerfing that since beta.
    Are you SERIOUS? It was very obviously because they would have to completely make a new animation and didn't feel it was appropriate to allocate the resources towards that at the time. It looked very sloppy seeing hippos flap along the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro
    Are you SERIOUS? It was very obviously because they would have to completely make a new animation and didn't feel it was appropriate to allocate the resources towards that at the time. It looked very sloppy seeing hippos flap along the ground.
    What new animation would they have to make? The hippogryph was fine the way it was. It was part of what made it unique.

But seriously... what new animation? It already had one.

I am so happy about the Hippogryph ground animation now! I can unshelf mine finally and use it again!!! It wsure made farming a bitch without it, not being able to herb while on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    any thoughts about Quel'Delar?

I'll share mine :
    It looks like there could be 3 Endings with this Quest Chain ... 2 of those say that the sword "will bond itself to you" one lets you pass the sword to the Argent Crusade...

I think that the sword may be developed into 3 directions
    either a caster blade, a melee or tank blade or (for those classes that can't use swords) a quest item that can be turned in for some other rewards.
    Here's my 2c

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that the Quel'Delar is a class specific weapon; only certain classes will be able to wield the Quel'Delar, and not necessarily all classes with the ability to wield a 2H sword. I can't remember when or where the source was, most likely was on mmo-champion, but I believe it mentioned only some of the classes which have the ability to wield a 2H sword, not all, as being able to wield the Quel'Delar. I remeber this because I think I have an 80 that was not on the list of classes that can wield the Quel'Delar, but can wield a 2H sword, and 2 80's that could. I can't remember if it was my warrior or my dk who couldn't, but I have a horrible feeling that it was my warrior, which I play a lot more than my dk... =[

edit: with that being said, I think those 3 end quests are going to be: 1 for horde classes that can wield the Quel'Delar, 1 for alliance classes that can wield the Quel'Delar, and 1 for both factions for classes who cannot wield the Quel'Delar...
    any thoughts on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerses
    "Shadowmourne, Blade of Legends"

...WHAT LEGENDS? It's a total Frostmourne rip-off that we get to craft as a consolation prize and they're already calling it "blade of legends"?

Piss-poor.
    Actually I'm assuming since we've seen a model with Shadowmourne with and without the Frostmourne hilt that Shadowmourne is actually Frostmourne remade.

Guessing the sword breaks apart in the fight with Arthas and we use part of it to make Shadowmourne, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerses
    "Shadowmourne, Blade of Legends"

...WHAT LEGENDS? It's a total Frostmourne rip-off that we get to craft as a consolation prize and they're already calling it "blade of legends"?

Piss-poor.
    Legends are only spoken when the legend is told. Until then, the legend doesn't exist.

We had no clue about the legendary mace from Ulduar until the story was told to us.

mkee looks like I should get me that silver hypogrif after all

Can't get more legendary then a double legendary weapon.

Until the next expansion comes out.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro
    Fairly sure "too majestic to soil its feet" is known as sarcasm.
    They should simply line up all the bosses on the roads in Dalaran and then we can just run them over on our mounts and they'll drop emblems like Mario coins.
    - Valaron

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Taan
    will the ground animation apply to the mobs in azshara\feralas etc?
    Probably, the naturalists in bear form in feralas got the new skins, the cat druids npcs as well...

Quote Originally Posted by guitar3544
    Now THAT'S interesting. Why would lich-king arthas keep around the weapon he used as a human?
    He didn't, his Hammer is in the frostmourne cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    any thoughts about Quel'Delar?

I'll share mine :
    It looks like there could be 3 Endings with this Quest Chain ... 2 of those say that the sword "will bond itself to you" one lets you pass the sword to the Argent Crusade...

I think that the sword may be developed into 3 directions
    either a caster blade, a melee or tank blade or (for those classes that can't use swords) a quest item that can be turned in for some other rewards.
    Just so everyone knows, Shadowmourne is the new legendary, not the Quel'Delar, it seems as tho it may be a dynamic epic, but no legendary.

Woot, my hippo will run