Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: did I get cheated on this achievement

Learn your lesson, be thankful it wasn't 'Alone in the darkness' or something similar. You should be able to clear the instance again without much difficulty.

Never realese until everyone is dead. I missed out on Legacy in Kara for this same reason, farmed the instance for another 3 months before I saw it drop again.

Learn from your mistakes and don't do it again

Deleted

Generally you never release on boss fights if the fight is still going on, as you cannot enter the instance anyway while an encounter is in progress.

If the boss dies and you are not in the zone you will not get credit.
    Loot wise, i beleive it is possible to still receive the loot via trade even you are unable to roll. One of my groups had the caster dagger drop and the Warlock who wanted it was unable to roll because he released. Winning it, and already having one, I was able to trade it to him.

Disclaimer: This was back when the trade-able BoP's was fairly new, no idea if this has been hotfixed.

wait im sorry, is no one else seeing this?

You released when the boss was at 1%? are you stupid? You left the instance when the boss was at 1%.... to try to run back to heal... something does not add up... and if it does thats your own damn fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Oarsman
    wait im sorry, is no one else seeing this?

You released when the boss was at 1%? are you stupid? You left the instance when the boss was at 1%.... to try to run back to heal... something does not add up... and if it does thats your own damn fault.
    Yeah, he has to be lying. If he was at 1% when you died, you would have gotten the achievement before you had the chance to click release.

Have you killed all the bosses? Realizing that to get the achieve you have to kill both the phase 2 bosses, aka you need to run it more than once to get the achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Macktruck
    I remember when you had a 6 min release timer in instances. So if you didn't down the boss within 6 min of you dying or if you didn't get a rebirth in that time, you didn't get loot.
    I remember disconnecting at the very start of Ragnaros, dying and then getting ressed about three seconds before I was auto-booted after he was dead. That was... scary :-\

How did u DoT the tank as a healer? :-\

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    Wow no one's noticed this yet?

How did he die to adds only to release and run back as the black knight died? Adds only spawn in phase TWO. Loot drops after phase THREE (no adds). Two problems here:

A) How did your group survive without a healer for part of phase 2 and all of phase 3?
    B) Why did it take you so long to run back that you couldn't make it back before he died in phase 3?

Or you're lying/forgetting, and you died to the AOE in phase 3 (not adds). And props to the person who must have healed the rest of your group in P3 after you died.

p.s. it's H-TOC, it's not too serious.
    The adds don't magically die as you seem to think between phase two and three. Some people choose to ignore adds and focus just on the boss to quickly move through the instance... o.O

I don't understand what you meant by you had mobs all over you. Pretty sure they all explode when he goes Phase 3. Plus it's not like the place is hard anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir
    The adds don't magically die as you seem to think between phase two and three. Some people choose to ignore adds and focus just on the boss to quickly move through the instance... o.O
    ... what?

The adds blow up like the ghoul from phase 1 after the black knight dies.

So yes, they do "magically die between phases". I'm fairly certain you've never done TOC.

And whoever said phase 3 lasts 15 seconds.. right, if your group is all ulduar or higher geared and knows their class and has a healer. I'm pretty certain by the sounds of his group they were not all ulduar geared, and if he died to adds in P2 that means his tank sucks or his dps sucks (or both) and there's no way they'd last without someone healing them for the last phase (and if a dps was healing he'd have TONS of time to run back in).

I'm still calling fail on the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    ... what?

The adds blow up like the ghoul from phase 1 after the black knight dies.

So yes, they do "magically die between phases". I'm fairly certain you've never done TOC.

And whoever said phase 3 lasts 15 seconds.. right, if your group is all ulduar or higher geared and knows their class and has a healer. I'm pretty certain by the sounds of his group they were not all ulduar geared, and if he died to adds in P2 that means his tank sucks or his dps sucks (or both) and there's no way they'd last without someone healing them for the last phase (and if a dps was healing he'd have TONS of time to run back in).

I'm still calling fail on the OP.
    I am fairly certain I just never have failed enough to test the theory. Obviously you have... o.O

Adds shouldn't last longer than a few seconds, LOL. It's ToC. Really.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    That hasn't mattered recently for me, people have released, the boss has died, they came back and were still able to roll on gear. But no, you won't get credit for the achievement.
    If you looted the boss before they ran back in they will NOT receive any loot achievement or anything else.

Sorry if already been said, just raid first posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir
    I am fairly certain I just never have failed enough to test the theory. Obviously you have... o.O

Adds shouldn't last longer than a few seconds, LOL. It's ToC. Really.
    Yes because it's always easy to group with 3 mages a death knight and a healer to aoe down the adds.

... or you just burn the boss through it and then the adds kill themselves ???.

Like I said in my original post, it's ToC, who cares, and this shouldn't have even been a thread. Of course you won't get credit if you aren't in the instance when the boss dies. There's not much discussion here except the OP making excuses.

if he died to adds in phase 2 its his own damn fault. Sounds like he is a resto druid...ie run the hell away and keep healing. I can kite the adds and im a damn holy pally.

again OP fails

Wow...I'm surprised people are getting into this intricate, heated debate on whether the OP got cheated on an achievement, emblem and loot.

Here's my 2 cents:

IT'S A FUCKING
    5 MAN
    HEROIC

If you release and are outside the instance when the boss dies, you don't get creidt for any achievements.
    Whether you feel like you was cheated is irrelevant.

This is working as intended until Blizzard change it.

I have lost an achievement before by releasing, no big deal, just learn from your mistake and don't ever release.

Nobody should be releasing anyway if you die, druids and deathknights cant target you for battle res / ghoul, and if you are in a raid you can't enter until the raid wipes anyway.

DON'T RELEASE WHEN YOU DIE.

./endthread

Quote Originally Posted by cydri
    Generally you never release on boss fights if the fight is still going on, as you cannot enter the instance anyway while an encounter is in progress.
    I know someone who doesn't know the difference between raid bosses and Heroics. DO YOU?

I'll give you a hint, his name starts with cy, and ends with dri.

You don't complete the instance one time to get achievment....you have to kill all 8 of them (5 differnt faction ppl, 2 middle bosses, and the knight).

Deleted

You were outside the instance, dont run out when he's on 1%