Enh PVP in a PVE spec

I presently use my two specs for Enh and Resto. My second was a Enh PVP spec but I had to switch to help out the guild. I am using the PVE Cookie Cutter (Spread of Mana) build from the PVE FAQ.

I would like to steal some of the talents for PVP. I really miss my "Frozen Power", "Earthen Power" and "Improved Fire Nova Totem". What would be good areas to steal from? I was thinking about stealing 2 from "Improved Shields" and another from "Call of Flame". I could live without "Improved Fire Nova Totem" but would it be worth taking the last point from "Static Shock"?

I am not a top level raider so I can afford to lose a 100-200 DPS but would hate to have a major impact on it.

Re: Enh PVP in a PVE spec

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    I presently use my two specs for Enh and Resto. My second was a Enh PVP spec but I had to switch to help out the guild. I am using the PVE Cookie Cutter (Spread of Mana) build from the PVE FAQ.

I would like to steal some of the talents for PVP. I really miss my "Frozen Power", "Earthen Power" and "Improved Fire Nova Totem". What would be good areas to steal from? I was thinking about stealing 2 from "Improved Shields" and another from "Call of Flame". I could live without "Improved Fire Nova Totem" but would it be worth taking the last point from "Static Shock"?

I am not a top level raider so I can afford to lose a 100-200 DPS but would hate to have a major impact on it.
    I hate to say it but the fact of the matter is you really just need to not be cheap and respec/reglyph

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Dukkon&gn=Rush
    My 2nd spec is my PVP spec, and my first spec is my raid spec. The gold shouldn't be a big deal as most raid instances you make a few 100g weekly. But you dont need Static Shock, or Imp Windfury for PVP. Either way you can look at my specs to help you out.

Deleted

Interesting question. Might I suggest you go and download Rawr. Load your character from the armoury and record the dps figure it gives you.

Then play around with the talent points and see what happens. NB. mana saving/reduction talents aren't modelled in Rawr so be careful you don't get a build that puts you out of mana. Note also that the ptr for patch 3.3 is available so you can go on there and test out the old build vs the new build on a target dummy. It costs 1 copper to respec on the test server.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    Interesting question. Might I suggest you go and download Rawr. Load your character from the armoury and record the dps figure it gives you.

Then play around with the talent points and see what happens. NB. mana saving/reduction talents aren't modelled in Rawr so be careful you don't get a build that puts you out of mana. Note also that the ptr for patch 3.3 is available so you can go on there and test out the old build vs the new build on a target dummy. It costs 1 copper to respec on the test server.
    I agree he can do it for free with Rawr/EnhSim, but there are must have PVP talents/glyphs that you will not use in PvE at all. I don't know if his question was more on the lines of which spec, or what is actually usable. I don't believe any PvE spec is really going to be viable in PVP. But I guess that all dependson your level of play in both scenarios. If you are looking to run 2k+ Arena Rating on your Enh Shaman, and do Top end PvE raids. Then you will need to respec/reglyph. If you just running BG's then you can easily use your PvE spec and just have a little less PVP utility. that is your call. I specifically play serious in arena's, and pve content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensai
    I hate to say it but the fact of the matter is you really just need to not be cheap and respec/reglyph

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Dukkon&gn=Rush
    My 2nd spec is my PVP spec, and my first spec is my raid spec. The gold shouldn't be a big deal as most raid instances you make a few 100g weekly. But you dont need Static Shock, or Imp Windfury for PVP. Either way you can look at my specs to help you out.
    I have plenty of gold. My dual spec is for Resto PVE. I have to do it for the guild. I would love to have a second PVP only spec but can't.

I have had a look in Rawr and have run it through EnhSim and I get a about 200DPS down (without raid buffs). What concerns me is that I don't seem to get the figures that EnhSim seems to think that I should get. I get roughly 2.7k DPS on a 5 Man HC and a little over 3K DPS on my last VOA (I admit I forgot to use my food and flask) but I am always a little bit down on the EnhSim figures (I put in the lag of 400-600 which is my normal lag). Thats why I was a little bit nervous to run with it as I thought it could have a bigger impact.

I am really burning for the instant GW as well so I will do the daily HC today and see what I get with the talents changed.

I have plenty of gold. My dual spec is for Resto PVE. I have to do it for the guild. I would love to have a second PVP only spec but can't.
    I understand what your saying, I was suggesting that you stock up the Raid and PVP Glyphs, and Respec your Enh spec depending on what you are doing. Before I was able to have a full time PVP spec and I had to raid Specs that is what I would do. I also basically finished all of my raiding then switched so that I could PVP until server reset, then switch back to minimize the amount of switching I was doing. Like I stated before are you talking Arena's or are you talking BG's. If you talking BG's then it really just doesn't matter that much. If your talking Arena's you will not go very far without a solid PVP Spec. Even in BG's I find myself going full PVP gear and Spec. Being able to chase someone Frost Nova them and Instant Ghost wolf to them and kill them is pretty pro

Ok, I switched from cookie cutter to this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...6UGNwo2,,10522

And did not see any DPS drop but last night I added the T8.25 shoulders so I would assume that is offsetting the talent changes. Overall, I am very happy. Going to test it with PVP now

PVP was much better then before but missed the stoneclaw glyph so I am going to switch between StoneClaw Glyph and Windfury Weapon Glyph each time.

Deleted

I have had a look in Rawr and have run it through EnhSim and I get a about 200DPS down (without raid buffs). What concerns me is that I don't seem to get the figures that EnhSim seems to think that I should get. I get roughly 2.7k DPS on a 5 Man HC and a little over 3K DPS on my last VOA (I admit I forgot to use my food and flask) but I am always a little bit down on the EnhSim figures (I put in the lag of 400-600 which is my normal lag). Thats why I was a little bit nervous to run with it as I thought it could have a bigger impact.

I am really burning for the instant GW as well so I will do the daily HC today and see what I get with the talents changed.
    Remember that EnhSim & Rawr use a boss model that is effectively stand behind the boss 100% of the time no movement, no gimmicks. ie: a Patchwerk type boss. Thus it is exceptionally unlikely unless you are on Patchwerk that you will see the numbers in the sim. Work is afoot to add boss modelling to both simulators. V2.2.20 of Rawr has an initial version of this boss modelling setup for you to play around with. V3 of Rawr will have a full Boss Modelling implemented for all specs.

Remember that EnhSim & Rawr use a boss model that is effectively stand behind the boss 100% of the time no movement, no gimmicks. ie: a Patchwerk type boss. Thus it is exceptionally unlikely unless you are on Patchwerk that you will see the numbers in the sim. Work is afoot to add boss modelling to both simulators. V2.2.20 of Rawr has an initial version of this boss modelling setup for you to play around with. V3 of Rawr will have a full Boss Modelling implemented for all specs.
    Thanks a lot. I will play with it. I was most concerned because the talents that I dropped for my PVP are ones that add to the DPS without me having to do anything (especially Static Shock and Improved Shields) and therefore I was anticipating more of an impact. Basically they are passive abilities and don't rely on a keyboard clicks from me. Fortunately, they did not seem to have such a big impact.

I would like to steal some of the talents for PVP. ........"Improved Fire Nova Totem".
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Walookani
    No.
    Didn't take it as that would have meant that I needed to do the Glyph change each time as well to make it worthwhile.

I ended up taking 2 from "Static Shock", 3 from "Improved Shields" and 1 from "Call of Flame". These points I stuck in "Improved GW", "Frozen Power" and "Earthen Power" which made the PVP exp much better while not impacting my DPS too much. I alternate between the WF and StoneClaw glyphs to give myself some extra oomph depending on whether I am doing PVE or PVP.