How well will my computer run WoW?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33 GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    Video Card: Nvidia GEforce 9600 GT
    Gaming Graphics: 2269 MB of available graphics memory
    Primary Hard Disk: 233 GB total (150 Free)

These are the specs of my computer. I haven't run WoW on it in a bit and am wondering what it will ru like at near max settings or if anyone had any thoughts or upgrade suggestions?

Also just a quick question, can you run 2X2GB of DDR2 Ram and 2X2GB of DDR3 together on the same motherboard?

Much appreciated!

Re: How well will my computer run WoW?

Since you already have the computer, just install wow and find out. I think 4GB of ram may be low. I run with 3GB ram and 1GB video and get about 30 FPS is heavy AE fights.

That is what I was thinking. I was contemplating buying more, but I dont know if you can run both ddr2 and ddr3 ram together? does anyone know?

Was also thinking the processor might be a tad slow...

10+ Year Old Account

----Also just a quick question, can you run 2X2GB of DDR2 Ram and 2X2GB of DDR3 together on the same motherboard?--

no, no you can't. one or the other DDR3 or DDR2 not both, running both will cause bad things to happen

10+ Year Old Account

you need to know what your MOBO can handle, like mine, a lowish grade gaming bord by biostar (yeah i know) will do either 8GB of DDR2 OR 4GB of DDR3. read the manul from your board to know what it will and will not take

the max it can hold is 16 GB I think. Is there a dig difference in performance when it comes to ddr2 vs ddr3? Id rather just buy 4 more gb of ddr2 then replace it all

10+ Year Old Account

in that case make sure you are getting the SAME ddr2 memory, remember there are differnt speeds of memory, and some brands do not work well with others, so if you are going to add more, add the same brand/speed. Dont find out the hard way liek i did with mix and match. if you get more memory but is slower than the current it WILL reduce the speed of the whole system by creating a bottleneck at the slower RAM.

You will also need a x64 bit version of your OS to run more than 4GB of memory (motherboard ram + graphic card ram)

Can you run it?
    just pick ur game and it will show you where you stand!
    http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/

Quote Originally Posted by Oddeye
    Since you already have the computer, just install wow and find out. I think 4GB of ram may be low. I run with 3GB ram and 1GB video and get about 30 FPS is heavy AE fights.
    Are you kidding?! 4GB of RAM is plenty to run even the newest games as long as the rest of the computer can handle it well.

You're set for WoW, just look at the system requirements on the box.

(WoW requires 512MB or RAM, but recommends 1GB of RAM on Vista computers for WotLK.)
    Bessiepage - Korgath (US) / Acekicker - Ghostlands (US) / Maristraza - Ghostlands (US) / Niimeria - Korgath (US) / Khanga - Korgath (US)

Quote Originally Posted by atsumi
    Are you kidding?! 4GB of RAM is plenty to run even the newest games as long as the rest of the computer can handle it well.

You're set for WoW, just look at the system requirements on the box.

(WoW requires 512MB or RAM, but recommends 1GB of RAM on Vista computers for WotLK.)
    This is true and agree with it as a basic config, but if a person that runs a lot of mods will need more. It helps to have more ram for busy areas such as Dalaran and raids themselves.

If you run basic UI, you are fine.

The configuration you have is plenty fine.

You will be fine with your setup, the only thing that MAY bog you down is your resolution, what will you run at? i have a 9800 GT running @ 1900x1200 and I get 100fps all around, although in AOE fights (onyxia phase 2 25man w/ 50+ whelps) it slows down to about 10 and that's if i have my camera zoomed all the way in.