Deleted

Merlin's Robe or Nemesiss Skullcap?

So, i would like to get up my 4th pc of ilvl 245 tier 9, now i got legs, shoulders, and head. But, i also have won Merlins Robe (As alliance 2nd =D) and Nemesiss Skullcap (iLvl245)

So, what should i take?
    - Head, shoulders, hands & legs t9 in combi with Merlin's Robe.
    - Shoulders, chest, hands & legs t9 in combi with Nemesiss Skullcap.
    - Or just eqq both Cap and Chest (Which i need to craft yet, and i a pain in the * qua money) and keep 2 pc bonus.

Thnx in advance.

Re: Merlin's Robe or Nemesiss Skullcap?

I was just looking into that today. I've been saving the mats to have Merlin's Robe crafted. But over on ElitistJerks, (http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t74095-w...endium_v3_2_a/) they claim the T9 chest is better.

They also claim that for Warlocks (all specs) the Armbands of the Ashen Saint are better bracers than the crafted Bejeweled Wizards Bracers, again, for all Warlock specs.

Who'd have thunk it? That'll save me about 20,000g.

Elitest Jerks said what? ???

Ashen Saints has 50 spirit, 50 haste and 89 SP while the Bejeweled has 42 crit, 50 haste, 80 SP and a Blue Socket (+5 SP)

50 spirit with fel armour makes it +17 SP while the blue socket can take a runed cardinal for +23 SP.

So, Ashen has 50 haste and 106 SP while Bejeweled has 42 crit, 50 haste and 103 SP. Not sure how 3 SP is greater than 42 crit.

I didn't compare the chest pieces because the assessment of the wrist just doesn't make sense.

Actually, there are two Ashen bracers. Here's the one they are talking about:

Armbands of the Ashen Saint
    Heroic
    Binds when picked up
    Wrist Cloth
    152 Armor
    +65 Stamina
    +65 Intellect
    +57 Spirit
    Blue Socket
    Socket Bonus: +5 Spell Power
    Durability 35 / 35
    Requires Level 80
    Item Level 258
    Equip: Improves haste rating by 49 (1.49% @ L80).
    Equip: Increases spell power by 91.

Now how does it look?

Well comparing an item of 245 to an item of 258 is obviously a slightly 1 sided arguement, however you were missing a very vital thing from your calculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jea
    Elitest Jerks said what? ???

Ashen Saints has 50 spirit, 50 haste and 89 SP while the Bejeweled has 42 crit, 50 haste, 80 SP and a Blue Socket (+5 SP)

50 spirit with fel armour makes it +17 SP while the blue socket can take a runed cardinal for +23 SP.

So, Ashen has 50 haste and 106 SP while Bejeweled has 42 crit, 50 haste and 103 SP. Not sure how 3 SP is greater than 42 crit.

I didn't compare the chest pieces because the assessment of the wrist just doesn't make sense.
    You forgot to factor in Lifetap (which every single warlock has Glyphed) which proveds a further 20% of your spirit as SP. So with any item, as lifetap should have 100% uptime being a 40 second duration now, you recieve 50% of the total Spirit on any item as Spell power. So thats the Actual comparison is:

Ashen: 50 Haste and 114 SP
    Bejewled: 42 Crit, 50 Haste, 103 SP

So its 11 SP for 42 Crit. Now i can't remember off the top of my head what the weights are for SP and Crit but i know SP is weighted more then Crit and this could be why EJ put Ashen as the better bracers to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Archey
    Well comparing an item of 245 to an item of 258 is obviously a slightly 1 sided arguement, however you were missing a very vital thing from your calculations.

You forgot to factor in Lifetap (which every single warlock has Glyphed) which proveds a further 20% of your spirit as SP. So with any item, as lifetap should have 100% uptime being a 40 second duration now, you recieve 50% of the total Spirit on any item as Spell power. So thats the Actual comparison is:

Ashen: 50 Haste and 114 SP
    Bejewled: 42 Crit, 50 Haste, 103 SP

So its 11 SP for 42 Crit. Now i can't remember off the top of my head what the weights are for SP and Crit but i know SP is weighted more then Crit and this could be why EJ put Ashen as the better bracers to have.
    Did ypu factor in that blue socket on the heroic version?

Tough question, but to answer it do the following:

Calculate the total stats you get (using stat values) of T9Helm+Merlins and Nemesis+T9Chest, and whichever yields a higher number is the winner.

The stats, as far as I know, are:

Hit: Not sure, I use 1, same as SP, but it could be higher valued.
    SP: 1
    Haste: 1
    Crit: 0.67
    Spirit: 0.48
    Int: 0.37

I took them from Elitistjerks warlock post and scaled down so that SP is 1 and not a random 1.56 or some sh!t.

Going by EJ's math the Flowing Vestments of Ascent (Northrend beasts 25, both normal and heroic) are actually better then Merlin's robe.

That aside, in my personal opinion the T9 chest has way too much hit. I rather spend some tokens and get a Merlin's Robe then try my luck at getting a few very specific drops from Anub'Arak25 (drops that EVERY caster will be after - healers included).

Less hit on the chest means a LOT more freedom on other pieces of gear.

Hit shouldnt be a topic, since we can skill 3%

I'll go for Merlins Robe and T9 head
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Aion is merley a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac
    So, what should i take?
    - Head, shoulders, hands & legs t9 in combi with Merlin's Robe.
    - Shoulders, chest, hands & legs t9 in combi with Nemesiss Skullcap.
    - Or just eqq both Cap and Chest (Which i need to craft yet, and i a pain in the * qua money) and keep 2 pc bonus.
    i think u should take Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Ladies lemme see you get down low...
    Filth - 80 Nelf DK - Darksorrow EU
    Bellsprout - 80 Dwarf Paladin - Darksorrow EU
    Yiddo - 80 UD Mage - Neptulon EU

15+ Year Old Account

Merlin.

Nemesis Skullcap should not be a serious long-term investment unless you are a casual raider. And by casual I mean not thinking about heroic TOC25 until after Icecrown is released.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Badlock
    shoulder + pants 2set

rest, merlin's ... haste+hit helm from 75 badges and some random gloves^^
    There is no way you can find two non-set pieces that are so much better than the setpieces that they compensate for 10% immolate(+conflagrate) damage. That's rougly a 3-3.5% damage increase.

Afaik in BiS t8, 1% damage was roughly 40 spellpower. It'll be more now. So you'd have to get 150+ spellpower(or equal value of other stats) extra out of those two pieces.

Ditch both and get the Flowing Vestments.

Deleted

Thanks for the replies =)
    Gonna farm some mats, while i might wanna get the chest from Heroic beasts 25.