Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: iLive user interface (new design)

Look, the fact that your UI is nearly identical in terms of placement, and that you've just copied Ishtaras work is just fine.

However, instead of posting it in the PYUI thread, you make an own thread, where you claim it's a new design. It's just slightly reconfigured, and it has the exact same layout as your last one.

THAT'S what bothers me.

Therefore I will not stop being childish.

15+ Year Old Account

Hey man!
    I just installd your UI and i really enjoy it. Tho it´s one thing i cant change and that is the chat window. First i only got "one chat window" with everything saying in it, as in loot, rewards ect nothing on the right side. Then also you know that "window" the opens when you´re typing, so you can see what you´re typing how the hell do you move that?
    Yes, I think there are this thing which can't be copied through a folder. You need to reset the chat panels (right click on on tab that appears when you hover the chat, and then choose "Reset Chat Windows"). Now you will have one normal scaled chat with all normal information. If you want x2 you need to right click the tab again and click "Create New Windows", and there will appear one additional. You can scale them by clicking on the cornors/lines of the chat and move it to make it bigger or smaller (remember to unlock it first, by clicking on the chat's tab and choosing "Unlock/Lock Window". Now you can choose which things you want them to write to you, and I do it this way. #1 shows chat by people like party, BG, guild, raid, whisper etc., and #2 chat shows other information like loot, roll, mobs say etc. and to make it like this, you click the chat's tab again and press "Settings" to change it (mark those things you want in it).

You move the "Edit Box" by typing /chatter and going into the settings below "Edit Box Polish" and then you change "Free-floating, Locked" to "Free-floating" and then you press enter and move/scale where/how you like it. Remember to lock it again.

I would love to see a screenshot of how the UI is on your screen.

@pHishr
    Well then, then feel free to spam in here :] Just waste of time anyway :]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Who the fuck cares if it looks like some other UI, which in my opinion, it doesn't. If the user interface looks good and has alot of functionality, what does it matter that he hasn't created all the layout himself?

This is all nice and fluffy, but how does it look like in a combat environment in a raid situation?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Neinen
    Who the fuck cares if it looks like some other UI, which in my opinion, it doesn't. If the user interface looks good and has alot of functionality, what does it matter that he hasn't created all the layout himself?
    That's not the point, the point is I don't think it deserves a thread, unless it's very unique, such as Roths UI, Caiths or Ishtaras. It belongs in the PYUI thread.

15+ Year Old Account

@Dareos
    There's another picture in the link.

Evening ladies and gents

I thought I would pop my head in and throw around my 2 cents to hopefully clear up some things.
    I will just number these to keep it quick (kinda like how I prefer to give c/c lol)

1. I greatly appreciate all the very kind words that people have posted regarding my Ui designs.
    2. With that said, the main reason I post images of my Ui's and upload them for others to use is so that people can be inspired to reinterpret my work into something that fits their personal play styles.
    3. The amount of reinterpretation a person applies to my Ui can obviously vary quite alot. In this case, not many drastic changes have been made.
    4. However, I can appreciate the thoughts that iLive has introduced into the Ui and I like the changes he made. I am currently in the process of streamlining my Healing Ui as well.
    5. I am quite content with the current amount of credit that I have been given and I appreciate iLive's enjoyment of my Ui work. Trust me, there are quite a few other Ui's that are up for download on WowInterface that have been extremely influenced by my work and give me much less credit.

With all of that said, in closing I will just say this...

iLive...you are forcing my Ui elements to suffer through FBS and its hurting my feelings Adjust the kgpanel x/y values to clear up some of those edges

much <3 for all
    Ish

15+ Year Old Account

!OMG! ISHTARA WROTE TO ME !OMG!

Anyway, thanks Ish, I'll work on making the UI a little more perfect in those edges. BTW I need to tell thank you again! So many freaking details! <'3 hehe

I rarely used pre-packaged UI's, after trying them out I usually go back to something I've made within a few days... I haven't gotten a chance to play much since installing this one but I already think I'll be keeping it for a while.

Just thought I'd post a screenshot after making some personal changes (just small preferences for my ui's i always do) and resizing frames, etc.

This is just a boring AV screenshot so I can show the grid frames, try to get a better one later. Resolution is 1680x1050:

I changed the chat addon to Prat, just a personal preference, I think it shows/finds the class colors quicker and just easy to setup.
    I changed the map addon to Sexymap. Again, just personal preference.
    I like the overall look of the font with the ui, but had some problems focusing on it while in fights, so switched to a larger condensed font for most parts of the ui.
    Setup grid for my own healing spells/colors for corner indicators.
    Setup recount for the bottom right of the UI, i never end up following a combat log too much when i have it seperated, I've tried it alot before but I would rather have a constantly shown recount or omen if tanking.
    I moved the SLDATA Text addon to right above my bars instead of the "hud" style position around my toon.
    Also loaded Needtoknow, one of my favorite addons I always use for showing buffs/debuffs/timers on procs or abilities. For now setup a few buff timers to put at the top left of UI just for even more tracking of buffs/procs.

Think thats about it, again just some personal changes but I really like the UI. My resolution isn't quite as big as yours so it doesn't seem to have *quite* as much space, but still seems clean enough for me.

15+ Year Old Account

@Gombiejarg
    I think it's looking nice, and I love that you changed so many things and made it more for your playstyle. This is just another cool way how to do it for your liking, and I think it's great ;D

hey dude i love the UI however i am having a lot of issues.

i cant load your profile on anything but bartender. also what addon is the grey boxes?

Look's just like the addon I need, however I can't seem to load your profile, followed every step you listed on wowinterface.com, any idea on what might be the issue?

10+ Year Old Account

I loved it but I have a problom..the shaman bars are in the middle of the screen :/ and how can I change the bars to be darker?
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

15+ Year Old Account

@wolfbiker
    That sounds weird. You're sure you have named every folder correctly for your character? The name of the addon for changing design of bars are ButtonFacade: Not Caith (remember to download ButtonFacade aswell, since the other addon is a skin, while this is THE addon).

@kkwarslut
    Something must have been done wrong maybe. Can you explain me what you've done and how you've done it? I tried it and it worked for me.

@lewo_darkfluffy
    You can enable/disable bars through /bar and then click Stance Bar and then remove the mark from Enable. You can change the bars color through /bf aswell as the design for the bars.

15+ Year Old Account

iLive user interface 2.1 is now avaible
    - Satrina's Buff Frames, kgPanels, CowTip, Quartz, Bartender 4 and PitBull 3 are now more correctly positioned and scaled.
    - Added additional panels through kgPanels so player/target frame looks more clear in lines.
    - Few addons updated to newer version.

Done in favor for Ishtara ;P

Deleted

Looking very good. Some more pictures with some more addons in progress etc would be nice to see.
    Also, how much memory is this UI taking, normally?

15+ Year Old Account

@docterdecay
    18 MB, but this is with addons (which is not included in the UI) as Skada, MoveAnything, Deadly Boss Mods, cError, ThereIsNoCost, GridStatusHoTs, GridStatusLifebloom, GridStatusMissingBuffs, GridStatusAFK, Align, AtlasLoot, ClassTimer and Clique, so it's a bit lower normally.

Deleted

Re: iLive user interface 2.1

Sounds more than satisfactory to me :>

15+ Year Old Account

QuestHelper are like ~20 MB alone, and Recount can take alot more than all this together, if you have it enabled during a raid.

this is what i am getting. and yes i changed the folders name appropriately.

i also had to scale my shit super small in order for this even to work.

i want this thing to work!