Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Expanding on totem novas

Stormnova
    Basically your air totem purges and wind shocks everythink in a 8-15y radius.
    I would love to see something like this.

But it would be Overpowered as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Stormnova
    Basically your air totem purges and wind shocks everythink in a 8-15y radius.
    I would love to see something like this.

But it would be Overpowered as hell.
    Blizzard has already created arcane torrent so the int effect isn't as bad as you would think though the purge sounds pretty annoying i like it :P

Personally I really enjoy the idea of giving each elemental totem a useable skill. And I think creating these skills to replace current totems is a good idea.

Quake: The obvious stun everyone is talking about. ;D

Ancestral Winds: Blow the next harmful spell casted on a nearby friendly back to it's caster.

Shifting Tide: Your Mana Spring Totem heals all nearby allies for X over Y. Your Healing Stream Totem regenerates X mana over Y seconds for all nearby allies. These affects are applied quickly at first but slow down as the effect nears its end. (think Wild Growth)

I'd also like to see the Elementals summon from the totems, rather than be totems themselves.

Personally I think all of these totem ideas seem great and all, but I still think Blizz needs to fix the totems first. What I mean by fix is this; you still have to drop all of your totem right next to you and not at range. Other than being enhance, resto and ele shamans need to be away from our foes and not in melee range. So if we can choose an area for our totems to drop would be a great start in the right directions.

Currently we (level 80's) can setup 3 different totem combinations; Call of Fire, Water, Air, etc. Why not make one of these setups a range drop? Maybe a 30 yard range. I think this would help a ton when you need to drop totems by or near the melee/tanks and will save you the run in, drop totems, run back out which will cause you to lose out on dps or important heals.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

please dont misunderstand my previous post. im not against some cool new abilities.

but rather than calling them earth nova, water/frostnova, air/wind/lightning nova, which would more or less automatically put them into the same drawer as the fire nova, i´d rather see the new ability under a completely different name.

let me explain:

warriors have stances
    dk´s have precence´s
    druid´s have form´s
    hunter´s have aspect´s
    paladin´s have aura´s

these are the most notable cluster abilities other classes have. unlike the shaman´s totem´s however, there are far faaaaar less than our´s.

we have like 20 totem´s. that´s ~ 40% of our abilities. but of those 40% of our abilities, we can only use 4 at a time. and not in a combination most would want. in reality everyone would use cleansing totem + 3 earthtotem´s ( stoneclaw/tremor/earthbind ) pvp-wise

now we would have 4 awesome new abilities with cool pvp utility, but the whole fight you are on nova cooldown, cant use the potential it would have using them all at once. or shortly after another.

imagine you would label rogue cooldown abilities as:

evasion-prowl, blind-prowl, vanish-prowl, dismantle-prowl,sprint-prowl and so on, every use of a cooldown ability triggering a common cooldown. i can imagine rogues crying over this ( who couldn´t ? ) :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    evasion-prowl, blind-prowl, vanish-prowl, dismantle-prowl,sprint-prowl and so on, every use of a cooldown ability triggering a common cooldown. i can imagine rogues crying over this ( who couldn´t ? ) :P
    Why not i once had an idea that stealth could be used in combat but the cooldown doesn't restart til combat is left.

and btw its stealth Prowling is something kitty cats do.

The fact is were the kings of utility when you think about it and thats why blizzard give us these ability clusters, so we can't throw out all of our utility at once.

Another load of fancy utility seems a tad unfair for other class's but its what our class is best at.

if you need explanation

Shocks= Melee slow, Movement slow, Dot
    Windshear
    Totems= Counter to fear charms and sleep, Pulsing aoe Disease and Poison cleansing, Buff Dispelling, Spell Negation, Hex, Ghostwolf. this list could go on but

Why not i once had an idea that stealth could be used in combat but the cooldown doesn't restart til combat is left.
    i dont think rogues are in a position where they need that. they are allready dominating pvp in all brackets.

and btw its stealth Prowling is something kitty cats do.
    please no hairsplitting. it was merely an example. what word you use to create a ability cluster doesn´t matter. wether it´s nova, stance, presence, form, aspect, totem or aura.

The fact is were the kings of utility when you think about it and thats why blizzard give us these ability clusters, so we can't throw out all of our utility at once.
    king´s of crappy utility. our pvp totem´s get through the nerf chopper frequently. i cant think of a pvp totem of ours which wasn´t nerfed yet ( except stoneclaw, which isn´t even a pvp totem prior glyphing it )

the only strong part of totem´s is that they provide their support for the group, not only you. they are, however, still oneshottable and immovable. one would think that´s enough of a handycap allready. as those noobs that dont know that you can/should destroy totem´s or lazy player´s who simply ignore them end up losing against shaman´s or shaman teams, they start QQ´ing at blizz how op it is and everything.

face it. totem´s are why blizzard doesn´t like touching our class, trying to improve it. it´s also the reason player´s keep bitching about the imaginary op-ness of shaman.
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergand
    All totem novas share a 5-8 second cooldown (separate from their own cooldowns).

Earth Nova, AoE stun, 30 second to 1 minute cooldown

Water Nova, Fairly large AoE heal, 3-5 minute cooldown

Wind Nova, Slows enemy attack/casting speed by 50-100% for 3-5 seconds, 15-45 second cooldown.
    Plz can you try to become one of blizz developers?

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Deleted

A PvP use for an Air "Nova" might be a make you invisible/stealthed for X seconds if within range of Air totem. Killing totem breaks invisibility/stealth. If it had drop threat as part of that it could have a PvE use too. Would need a longish cooldown though say 1 or 2 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by HevyDevy
    Air Nova should be a Mass Dispell. Mass Purge.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    A PvP use for an Air "Nova" might be a make you invisible/stealthed for X seconds if within range of Air totem. Killing totem breaks invisibility/stealth. If it had drop threat as part of that it could have a PvE use too. Would need a longish cooldown though say 1 or 2 mins.
    To expand on the "inivisble / stealthed" idea. I've always played Orcs in Warcraft, loved the Shaman in WC3 with purge, BL etc. Witchdoctor was also another favorite of mine because of his wards.

Perhaps we could change the "Earth Nova" to a Healing Ward for Resto, and return the stun lost from Fire Nova Totem to the Wind Totems in the form of deleting Sentry Totem and replacing it with a Sentry Ward or stasis trap, can't remember. Making the current wind totem stealthed, any unsuspecting enemy walking within say.. 5-10 yards pops the ward stunning the character in a stasis trap for 2-4 seconds. I've always hated Sentry Totem, its only use was in WSG imo keeping an eye on the hallways while defending.

Anyways, that's what I thought. Maybe even separate them and create novas and wards? We could even rename it to a stasis trap and let the Wards be another buff to place on your totems allowing for the nature, fire, and ice resists, slimming down our totem count a little (for PvE anyways, I hate locking my totems up with resistances when the raid needs it)

a stealth/invincibility spells sounds nice, not only for survival but also for offensive use as well. i can allready hear rogues/ferals bitching though ( and possibly mages as well ) :-\

I can only show love to an invis or some method of hiding i don't see why blizzard cannot do this shift the shaman to the astral plane completely making them completely unseen. rogues have no reason to Q_Q cause they do it all the time.

Won't Break on damage but rather totem destruction

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    I can only show love to an invis or some method of hiding i don't see why blizzard cannot do this shift the shaman to the astral plane completely making them completely unseen. rogues have no reason to Q_Q cause they do it all the time.

Won't Break on damage but rather totem destruction
    Windwalk?

Mass root elem talent from Earthbind could change this way too.
    You could drop the totem in advance and mass root when opponents are in range.

Mass purge, or AoE grounding could be cool too