Thread: Fury/Arms DPS

Fury/Arms DPS

Hey, Im an ally war probably going horde shortly next week, and I need to know: whats up with my dps!? I got dual betrayers (I may need better soon.) and above average gear. I dont mind that I don't do below 3k, but I can't seem to break the 4k+ mark. I tried both arms and fury and neither seem to make a big difference (this is on the heroic target dummy). I have multiple weapons, a back up gear set that I use when ever I get poor and my current gear breaks. Heres my rotation: WW,BT,Cleave,HS, instant slam proc. Execute rotation: WW, BT, Execute repeat. I want to stay fury as long as I can before I perma switch to arms. Can some warriors help me out here?
    Link of my armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ush&n=Newstart

Re: Fury/Arms DPS

good post deva

U've got great gear from what I see,only thing I can see is gimping u a bit would be ur lack of arp,just my opinion.
    I've got less gear but did yesterday 4.8k on koralon so u should be able to do more

Quote Originally Posted by bigkaydoh
    U've got great gear from what I see,only thing I can see is gimping u a bit would be ur lack of arp,just my opinion.
    I've got less gear but did yesterday 4.8k on koralon so u should be able to do more
    Yes but he said it was on heroic target dummy, he sure didnt have buffs and all then.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else

Gem for STR and ARP. Never ever ever gem for hit, crit, AP.

One nightmare tear to fulfill meta requirements. (21agi 3% crit meta, btw)
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatíon-US-Scilla
    Helm - Looks Good. T9 is awsome, but for you I'd say your BiS until heroic T9 would be Helm of Thunderous Rampage, it would drop you a ton of hit and replace it with ArP...yippee.

Neck - Replace this with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47105 . You should never have gotten your neck in the first place and given it to a rogue/hunter/enh.

There's reason why fury warrior's BiS was all leather, its itemized better. The heroic version of his ring and neck is BiS for a fury warrior, in fact I'd pick up the ArP badge ring if I were you. Its a bargain at 35. It fact BiS fury boots are still leather. Heroic Icewalker Treads. The fact is that dps plate has an excess amount of stamina and AC, both which take away from its dps stats.

Chest - Good. Keep running VoA for T9 :P Titanium Razorplate is expensive but completely worth it...I put it up against 245 T9 anyday.

Bracers - Good . Titanium Spikeguards are almost BiS...there just that good. Worth every penny.

Ring1 - Yet again with the AGI jewelry. Not nice to classes that can benefit from it more. The badge str ring is quite nice. Again, the heroic version of this exact ring is BiS fury...keep it.

Try to get yourself geared out with more ArP. Even after the nerf it is still worth having. Get a Grim Toll or Runestone to replace your Infuser until you can get the heavily sought after Death's Verdict. While using an ArP trinket, aim for 45-55% ArP passive. Should be pretty easy, just stop getting agi gear and aim for stuff with str+crit+arp on it while retaining 350 hit and 26 exp.
    After you somehow get a Verdict, regem all your gear from STR + 1str/stam + Tear to ArP until you can hit ~100-115% or so. ArP will be more useful than str at that point, but that will require some 258 gear which might be hard to get.

There is a hard cap of ArP now at 100% from gear, stance, mace spec etc...and trinket procs. If you are sitting at 55% Passive arp, then using a Grim toll or better yet a M. Runestone will net you a decent increase in dps. Go past that 55% mark, and you start losing arp during trinket procs as you've gone over the cap...which is when you need to switch it out. You won't start gemming as fury for ArP until you can get into the 70%s without gemming. He's absolutely right about your meta though. 21 Agl >21 Crit rating raid buffed...not to mention its easier to satisfy the req (it can be done with a single Nightmare Tear in a blue or yellow slot.

So. Why talk so much about gear? That is what a fury war (and pretty much every class) is. An item rack. Get good gear and you'll see nice numbers. Fury wars are just a bit more exponential in their gains however.

I'd argue with you all day long with that one, warriors no longer scale like people remember...mostly due to rage capping.
    As a side note on my own observation you are really over the soft cap for hit. With 3/3 Precison you only need 164 hit rating to acheive your 8% on raid bosses. Remember if you raid with a Draenei in your group, you only need 4% hit which means 132 hti rating. Your expertise is almost on par. Every little bit of hit you can replace with Str/crit or better yet ArP is gonna net you a huge return. Number two, replace your weapons with ToC or 25 Ulduar or the arena weapons...basically the first 2 that drop for you. There's couple really nice 2hded swords that drop off Twins...and of course Dual Justicebringers off Faction champs is what you really want to work toward. You expertise is on track at the soft cap...your within 1% of being capped so thats not going to be a big deal.

In short keep pluggin away. But really...buy/get some crusader orbs off your guild and make your self a new ilvl 245 Chest and Bracers....they're really the best most are likely to get (cause you would only replace them with heroic ToC).
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

My 2 cents:

1. All questions regarding gear are best answered by Landsouls Spreadsheet.
    It might look intimidating at first, but if you invest an hour to get used to it you'll never have to ask a gear question again
    and you learn a lot simply by testing stuff (link: http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-w...n_spreadsheet/ ).
    ...Someone should make a FAQ or HOWTO for that spreadsheet on this forum. Would be quite helpful I guess.

2. Cleave in your normal rotation is wierd. Its an aoe skill.

3. DPS plate got buffed in 3.1(?) via the AttT talent, but its still not as good itemized as leather/mail, cause it has less stats and more stamina.
    Its still very common that agility items are better then strength items for warriors,
    but at least its not as common as it was in the early days of WotlK.

4. Nobody mentioned set boni yet! They are quite good and if you wear two non set items you can't get the 4p bonus (~150dps).
    Keep that in mind when you compare items.

5. Unbridled Wrath is not good, Enrage is pretty bad, Intensify Rage is quite good. I prefer Tactical Mastery over Iron Will to ease the use of Shattering Throw.

6. Macroing Bloodrage to one of your damage moves ain't a bad idea to increase the uptime.
    Try to use your Cooldowns as often as possible and try to stack them on top of each other and Bloodlust/Heroism.

Lots of good knowledge in this thread.

The original post sounds like E-Bay was involved (not trying to troll, please don't feel the need to defend, I don't care either way), but nevertheless, if it gets the knowledge out there for everyone, all the better.

One comment, though, is that whether or not you do more dps as fury or arms now, I'm not sure why you say you are enjoying fury as long as you can before making the perma-switch to arms. Arms does great dps, and its my personal preference. That being said, if there is a spec that eventually comes out on top, in terms of scaling with gear, then its Fury.