Thread: Fury or arms?

Fury or arms?

ok so, i'm currently arms 54/17/0 , i've talked with a few warriors on my server, them being all fury, they all suggested i go fury so i did, only did 4.5k on NR beasts, last lock out period i did 5-6k as arms heres link to my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a%C3%ACndamage as fury my off-hand is http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45165 , fury rotation BT,WW,instant slam, and spam Heroic strike while BT and WW is on cd, can i get some help on what im doing wrong or what i can do to improve my gems ect thanks

Re: Fury or arms?

when you're arms, are you the buff bitch for trauma? possibly even the 4% phys dmg buff?( if you dont have a combat rogue, kill the muti ones in the raid)
    only thing i can think of is rotational and you're not mh exp capped, which will hurt all your attacks
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

No i'm not a trauma bitch as u can see im not guilded, as in pugs i would prob have a combat rogue with me, i'm 21 expertise MH and 26 OH, i'm doing the rotation just fine, i'll try putting worldcarver in MH ( when servers come on that is ), more suggestions appreciated

Rawr and Landsouls speadsheet both have my dps increasing by about 1400 with my gear if I switched specs, but when I try it in a raid...it either comes out as a wash raid dps wise, or my dps as Arms blows it out of the water.

Part of it is my gear is gemmed for ArP instead of Str, but most of it I think is the fact that my "twichy" game style lends itself to whacka mole instead of faceroll. I used to be a pvp only warrior in TBC, and the arms playstle requires decent to above decent reaction times to be considered really good at it. Fury requires thinking ahead on stacking cooldowns during procs while keeping a strict rotation...its just my playstyle. I react really well, but I'm really bad at keeping a set rotation.

I'm pushing 7k now with a few upgrades on a standstill dps race with no modifiers as arms, and I haven't met a fury warrior yet that could hang with me over an entire raid...I know they're out there, but there really is a steep 5th gear learning curve on fury...achieved by only a select few. And unless your guild is clearing heroic ToC, you're not likely to meet many.

So , when I tell you that fury may outdps arms at the top end, we're really only talking about 1% of the warrior population. Reality is that even for the rest of us who usually see all the content (heroics versions included), but aren't world/server firsts (casual raiding guilds...3 nights a week), its really more about playstyle and raid buffs/debuffs than limits.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Not that's its huge, but you mentioned you only HS when BT/WW are on CD, really you HS based on your current rage, it has nothing to do with other abilities.

Oh and to add, the trauma point was that you may not be getting bleed damage bonus now that you are not arm's.

I did the same thing, tried Fury after being Arms for my raiding career, and it, honestly, just didn't feel right. There were times where there was nothing to do (I can't stand wasting GCDs because nothing has proc'd and everything's on CD), and it seemed that I needed to go out of my way to WW/Cleave adds to stay competitive with the rest of the DPS.

Fury also feels significantly less mobile, which made fights like p2 Anub and Twins almost painful.

I gave it a week and a half, and went back to Arms. If it's true that Fury scales better with Ulduar25/ToC gear, then there's something I must have been missing. As Arms, I'm doing the same, to better DPS (especially on single a target) and I actually enjoy the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarc

Fury also feels significantly less mobile, which made fights like p2 Anub and Twins almost painful.
    less moble? ever try and spam slam on hodir with out the fire buff? it truely sucks
    and saying furys worse for anub/twins, its the spec that can/will top the meters if you lolololcleave when theres adds, or if you tank the twins ontop of eachother
    if i could go fury i would, but i need to trauma so the kitty can top the meters
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Basically, fury should become better than arms when your gear is at the point of u25 level and you would perform both 'rotations' flawlessly. This is because you'll have a lot of passive arP from gear which means you will gem for strength now.

I got this from Elitist Jerks and it's considered a thumb rule. I can not link you the exact source tho

Good luck!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffx
    Basically, fury should become better than arms when your gear is at the point of u25 level and you would perform both 'rotations' flawlessly. This is because you'll have a lot of passive arP from gear which means you will gem for strength now.

I got this from Elitist Jerks and it's considered a thumb rule. I can not link you the exact source tho

Good luck!
    Again, this is based on theroycrafting, so theoretically yes a fury warrior could get more dps out of said gear than arms.

However, that is only true if the warrior in question is of equal skill at both specs, and it really really depends on the fight.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I raid as arms since I'm the trauma bitch but yes, fury at ToC gear levels will pull ahead of arms on any fights especially with adds, which is a majority of the fights in ToC.

Arms in the beggining. Fury when you start getting almost full ulduar25 gear.
    MAI ROFLCOPTER GOES SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarc
    I put a point in Heroic Fury and find that fury is just as mobile as arms, and more mobile on demand. I can intercept twice in 5 seconds if I want to.

I'm in a somewhat casual raiding guild, my gear isn't great (232 mainhand, 219 offhand) and I can pull 6.5-7k dps, depending on if there is some sort of raid damage. I can consistently push 7-7.5k on Koralon because of the rage I get from his spinning thing. The "rotation" is really not that hard, it's just about managing your rage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.