Mount/Dismount Macro Question

I want a somewhat complicated mount/dismount macro, and am not sure the easiest way to do it. Essentially, the behavior I want is this:

If not mounted, mount (by using the Mountiful mod to auto select a random ground or flight mount based on where I am)
    If I am mounted, dismount (even if flying)
    If I am in a vehicle, exit the vehicle

Now I know I can do all of this functionality, but the ways I would know to do it are clunky and I am hoping there is a cleaner way of doing it. For example, to get exit vehicle on the same button/hotkey I would need to create a single button bar that swaps when in vehicles using my barmod to do it within my own knowledge base.

Help would be appreciated. Even if that help is that no, it can't be done via macros (in which case I bite the bullet and start doing it the clunky way :P ).

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Mount/Dismount Macro Question

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount_Macros

I dunno if youi can add a dismount vechile part in it but I use this mount macro which totally rocks...

/run if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end local m if not IsFlyableArea() or (GetWintergraspWaitTime()==nil and GetZoneText()=="Wintergrasp") or IsSwimming() then m=(1) else m=(3) end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)

it watches for where you are if WG is on timer, if yoru swimming and what not

1= ground mount, 3 = flying mount

just plug the number of your mount into it

on first page of mounts

1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12

second page

13 14 15 16 17 18
    19 20 21 22 23 24

see the pattern?

here goes one I think that will work for your questions

/castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Bronze Drake, Black Drake
    /castrandom [nomounted] Frostwolf Howler, Swift Green Hawkstrider, Black War Bear, Purple Skeletal Warhorse, Swift Orange Raptor
    /dismount
    /script VehicleExit()
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Pretty sure this would work, but I can't be certain because I haven't tried it and just got the Mountiful command off the addon's page.

/click Mountiful
    /script VehicleExit()
    /dismount

EDIT: Old one probably wouldn't have worked. Not too sure how Mountiful actually works, but I'm guessing it just uses a mount, so this one should work fine.

I use Mountiful and have a macro that does the following:

Leftclick Mounts a random epic flying mount
    Right click Mounts a random Epic ground mount

When mounted right clicking will dismount you. I do not know how to tie in a vehicle component to this.

Another problem that I have found is the current version of Mountiful does not distinguish between 310% flying mounts and 280% flying mounts. If you have a 310% mount it will not select this over the 280% mounts.

(In the next patch anyone who has a 310% mount will receive the 310% speed even when on a 280% mount so it will not matter. As for now it is a minor problem.)

I also tied in a vanity pet macro with it that summons a random vanity pet each time the mount or dismount button is used.

If you want a copy of this macro I would be happy to post it once I get home from work this evening.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus
    If not mounted, mount (by using the Mountiful mod to auto select a random ground or flight mount based on where I am)
    If I am mounted, dismount (even if flying)
    If I am in a vehicle, exit the vehicle
    If you're willing to try a different mod, I use GoGoMount, and it does all of what you want with the default keybind it adds (may have to modify the default options as well; I can't remember off the top of my head). It chooses completely random mounts by default, but you can also set it to do random within a certain subset. I'm quite happy with the addon overall.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak
    (In the next patch anyone who has a 310% mount will receive the 310% speed even when on a 280% mount so it will not matter. As for now it is a minor problem.)
    AFAIK they were just talking about this, never said anything about actually doing it.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Sabmud
    /click Mountiful
    /script VehicleExit()
    /dismount
    This works perfectly (well, I replaced the click line with "/mount smart pre", but same idea ).

Thank you so much. Just the clean simple solution I was hoping for.