Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Eoy from Ensidia didnt make the HM's.. Here's why!!

Read this:

http://www.ensidia.com/community/blogs/1062.html

Well, lets see if Ghostcrawler have yet another excuse in his next blue post!

(i would rly love to know who the Spriest's are, he is (claiming to be) talking with!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Re: Eoy from Ensidia didnt make the HM's.. Here's why!!

I didn't read the link. I'll assume: Not viable to bring more than 1 shadowpriest due to bad scaling and less multi-dotting compared to Ulduar. Do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    I didn't read the link. I'll assume: Not viable to bring more than 1 shadowpriest due to bad scaling and less multi-dotting compared to Ulduar. Do I win?
    Yes.
    http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e116/aubreyzollar/screenshots/Almaster2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Ye you win!

Doesnt make the issue less annoying!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

all because they didnt manage to let dots scale with haste since bc...
    nc on this stupidity

15+ Year Old Account

I made a topic on this back in the first days of wrath. Saying we were in the same boat as before. I was hit capped, and absolutely destroying the damage meters in our first raids. No one was even coming remotely close. We cleared naxx the first week...who didn't? and the next week few weeks we all got upgrades.

While keeping my hit cap and increasing my haste/crit/spellpower, just like everyone else, my dps was making slight jumps while theirs was making huge jumps.

For every week we cleared I could up my dps by 300 or so, and a lock or mage getting the same gear as me jumps 1k.

It just went on and on, I'm not saying I am the best shadow priest, but I have been doing it for a damn long time, raided as shadow since vanilla, and I understand the class. There was just nothing I could do to stop the downfall of my dps. I quit raiding, then my computer blew up, so I don't play any games at all.

A year ago, if my computer died I would do everything possible to get it going as fast as possible again, this time I just canceled my account and am ok with that.

1. I dont think Ghostcrawler reads Ensidia forums
    2. Even if he did he doesnt care
    3. People have thrown actualy facts, statistics, graphs, etc at him - check here http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopi...200171#p200171 post byViolentangel.

Do you honestly think his going to change shadowpriests over that one post by one shadowpriest?
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    1. I dont think Ghostcrawler reads Ensidia forums
    2. Even if he did he doesnt care
    3. People have thrown actualy facts, statistics, graphs, etc at him - check here http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopi...200171#p200171 post byViolentangel.

Do you honestly think his going to change shadowpriests over that one post by one shadowpriest?
    1. I think he does, so he read elitejerks, mmo etc
    2. Why shouldnt he/she(im not sure there^^)?
    3. Ye thats right and it also confuses me while other classes (arcane mages) get significant buffs while already having a strong DPS Build. In Generel Blizzard does overbuff or overnerf , but our last buff was such a minor step..i didnt understand. I dont understand why they cant change in a hotfix some scalefactors and watch in live how it turns out.

Our Plees: We have no utility!!!

Ghostcrawler: You have Vampiric Embrace!!

Our Plees: Our dps is failing! Here are the numbers! People from top guilds doing top tier content agree!

Ghostcrawler: We have the real numbers those numbers are fake!

Our Plees: It's getting worse!

Ghostcrawler: 20% spirit = spell power increase! There.... now stfu.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Not saying that spriest dmg isn't suffering....but when has any decent raiding guild ever taken more than one Spriest, Boomkin, Feral, Ele Shaman, Enh Shaman on a regular basis?

Hell, the last time it -really- made sense to bring more than one spriest, was before the change Vampiric Touch.

And no, Ulduar having more mobs to multi-dot isn't an excuse to bring more spriests either, unless spriests are suddenly doing more damage than an Affliction lock.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Since the start of Ulduar this is all ive been saying, now some guy from ensida says so its true now?

Seriously, people should just accept that i know what im talking abt when it comes to the spec Ive played since the beginning.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

15+ Year Old Account

C'mon... His Class doesn't do that well right now and he blames Blizzard because his Guild would not allow him to participate in HM's runs?

Get some balls and talk shit to your Guildmaster/Raidleader how lame he is before you're facing the Company producing and continuously altering a game of this magnitude because HE's the one judging YOUR CLASS!
    26803200 Pixels

Quote Originally Posted by Zangu
    C'mon... His Class doesn't do that well right now and he blames Blizzard because his Guild would not allow him to participate in HM's runs?

Get some balls and talk shit to your Guildmaster/Raidleader how lame he is before you're facing the Company producing and continuously altering a game of this magnitude because HE's the one judging YOUR CLASS!
    Did you even read the blog, let alone use your brain or take a look at Shadowpriests in our current state? We have improved a tiny bit since T7 gear, whilst other classes have improved greatly. Hell, we're not even the only ones with this problem, and I really don't think any guilds doing Anub'Arak on 25-man Heroic Mode bring more than one Shadowpriest, unless they have absolutely no choice.

another one bites the dust.

Oh wow, I actually just read the article and replies to this. I should get a cookie. Seriously though, this is new and interesting and totally hasn't been happening for the last six months. Unless a fight is custom made for multi-dotting to be better than prioritizing single target damage Shadow will continue to be last place on damage among all classes. The possible inclusion of haste to DoTs would help tremendously, but if something isn't specifically done to improve Shadow DPS they'll simply fall more behind. Making Mind Flay worthwhile to cast would be a start. It's currently worse DPS than Frostbolt... and we know how well Frost raids. :P

Anyway, don't expect any change. This has been the norm since mid-way through Ulduar when tanks started realizing they were catching up to Shadow Priests.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    all because they didnt manage to let dots scale with haste since bc...
    nc on this stupidity
    Haste was suposed to be a stat you needed to gear up for nowadays it aint anymore with talents giving 5-30% (or more on procc) haste. Alot of talent build changes in Wotlk screwed up the idea of haste in my opinion. Though could be rong...

And any guild that doesnt take a priest in a raid because it is less viable is just plain stupid if your not in Top 10(-100) Guilds as you have nothing to rush over..

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Since the start of Ulduar this is all ive been saying, now some guy from ensida says so its true now?

Seriously, people should just accept that i know what im talking abt when it comes to the spec Ive played since the beginning.
    He made a blog at the beginning of Ulduar saying all the same concerns too.

Ensidia is cold, does anyone feel that? Perhaps its because they are a professional guild that cares only about progress rather than their guild community (ie. player). But it doesn't matter if they cut Eoy, because their progress hasn't been that outstanding lately, I don't think they got that many firsts in this patch anyway.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Haste was suposed to be a stat you needed to gear up for nowadays it aint anymore with talents giving 5-30% (or more on procc) haste. Alot of talent build changes in Wotlk screwed up the idea of haste in my opinion. Though could be rong...

And any guild that doesnt take a priest in a raid because it is less viable is just plain stupid if your not in Top 10(-100) Guilds as you have nothing to rush over..
    Shadow Priests don't have talents that are giving haste. There were no talent changes that affected Shadow Priest dps via haste. Also, "your" means that someone has possession over something. You're means something completely different, since it's a shorthand for you are.

Also, why would any guild take a shadow priest if they have a warlock doing more damage and giving more utility? It doesn't matter if you are in #1 guild or #10,000 guild, principle remains. You don't contribute, others need to do more, hence you're carried. If you play 5 hours a week or 90 hours a week it doesn't matter. It's not hard to fix the shadow priest single target dps, however the sp community is smaller than lock / mage / whatever community. It's easier to give replenishment to other classes and slowly reduce number of sps in raids, or completely remove them than implement a few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Read part of the blog post, and from what I can tell:

A shadowpriest (Hybrid) is pissed that a mage (Pure) is out-dpsing him.
    Hybrid vs Pure is meant to be 5%, not so much that top guilds won't even consider taking them.
    2k dps more for a harder, more complex rotation doesn't justify pure vs hybrid.