Enchanting (tips)

Hello. I was thinking about to reroll enchanting. So i need to ask you guys/girls, how much does it cost to skill enchanting up to 450skill? I was also thinking about if I can farm low-level instances to get some gear i can d/e? I would appreciate you help and tip about this.

Regards Spaix.

Re: Enchanting (tips)

Enchanting is THE hardest profession to level.
    Unless you are the owner of a large amount of gold...
    Mats used to leveling are seldom to be seen on AH, greenies are extremly expensive sometimes.
    Not easy to farm even if you got a lvl80 who could clear a instance quick, you also need to loot every single mob.
    It's hard to level, but the benefits..

Benefits:
    You save A LOT gold on making your own enchantes, you will at some point have WAY too many materials..(unless you sell them)
    I had enchanting for my main since vanilla wow, and I still got mats from WoW Classic, TBC and WotLK.
    You earn a lot money on selling the mats on AH...
    However, now that you can "Disenchant" the Abyss Crystal, the overall price of green materials have fallen drasticly, almost about -100%... however this depends on the server of course.. You earn most of your money through selling the mats, and your save a lot money on making the enchantes for yourself.
    I dont really sell my enchanting mats, I rather keep them for my alts(10 alts on same server). =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaix
    Hello. I was thinking about to reroll enchanting. So i need to ask you guys/girls, how much does it cost to skill enchanting up to 450skill? I was also thinking about if I can farm low-level instances to get some gear i can d/e? I would appreciate you help and tip about this.
    No one can answer the 'how much' question very well... unless they are on your server and in possession of some extreme data.

I leveled my second enchanter by solo running dungeons up to BC. It took me about 8-hours over two days and cost only my repair bill for a couple screw-ups. Drops and cloth+tailoring did the job. I then invited a friend and we did the BC dungeons for blues and greens. During this time, I purchased the low cost cloths (ores+blacksmithing would not work on my server) and made items to DE. For the WotLK stretch I relied on DE'd crafted items... pick your poison. Alternatively, you could badge-farm and, by this time, should be able to DE anything in game.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

I know it depends on the server, I have just levelled up enchanting in the last few weeks it cost me about 600g 1-300 and about 6000g 301-450 I put all my 300+ enchants onto scrolls. I hit 450 last weekend and since then I have earnt this investment back plus levelling my tailoring at the same time.

I didn't bother farming any instances I just bought what I needed, I figured the time it would take me to run the instances I could be doing something more profitable then saving myself a few shards. It's pretty easy to make money from enchants I didn't bother looking at what sold up to wotlk enchants I just made the cheapest ones and sold them for what I could, with the wotlk apart from about 15 scrolls that I cannot shift for a profit everything else I made while levelling I have managed a reasonable return on. It's just a case of comparing the mat price against the ah price and crafting something you know you can get a profit on.

The only annoying thing is the shards you need to get all the enchants, there I would advise just getting the more profitable ones in the first instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Migraine
    about 6000g 301-450
    Wow, prices on your server must be terrible.
    ------------------------------------------
    Graybeard AH Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by DraCurse
    Enchanting is THE hardest profession to level.
    Unless you are the owner of a large amount of gold...
    Wow, I had the opposite experience. I mean, back in Vanilla and even in TBC, yeah, but now? Easy. I power leveled enchanting on one of my alts from 1 to 450 over a couple of days. I enchanted scrolls almost the entire way. I sold all of the scrolls for a profit, even the very low level ones, in the AH. So not only did I level my enchanting quickly, I made a significant profit in doing so.

Oddly enough, I still see trade chat offers to pay customers 20g if the enchanter gets a skillup on the enchant. Why pay people for something that can still turn a profit? :P

The server I am on is not original 20, but was still up by day 2 or 3 of launch - so a very old server with a large pop.

Thank you guys for helping me out. I think i got the information i need now

Ahhh enchanting. Easy to level.
    I went from mining 450 to enchanting 450 in 5days. And I was slacking the last 2 days.
    I bought alot on the AH and around 400 I did everything on vellums. I even made gold to get to 450.

BTW the last couple of levels are easy to get with abyssal shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarou
    If you lack the gold to level it up, then running instances can be a good source for DE mats. As for estimates, I have a guide on my site for leveling Enchanting. The top section has all the mats required so you can either take my estimate for my server or add up everything based on your server.

Good luck,

-Tarou

P.S. Enchanting has high potential to make a good amount of gold.
    Just listen to tarou he has amazing guides on his site. Subscribe to him on youtube you'll make gold from your prof that you didnt even know you could make >_>