Cairne Bloodhoof

What do you think will happen to him?
    Personally I think (after hearing Thrall is taking a leave of absence because of some bad choices he made or something) that Cairne will do the same thing as he is most loyal to thrall. How could he be killed by Garrosh and the tauren still loyal? what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    This fellow was very respectful in his informing me that he would ravage me on his character upwards of 11 levels higher than myself, and that I should go fornicate myself with an iron stick. Before I could thank this man for his kind words, he had already moved along to brighten anothers day as he did mine.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cairne Bloodhoof

My money is on that he is going with Thrall.

Maybe he'll just die 'cause he's old, or pass on leadership.

I was the one that posted about Thrall's honor, and I was gonna say my opinion on the events to come but held back. Here is my most logical thought process one what will happen in the coming months:

EVENT ONE: The Ashen Verdict (Faction: Argent Crusade + Knights of the Ebon Blade) and the heroes of both the Alliance and the Horde will begin their assault on Icecrown Citadel.

EVENT TWO: If you are Horde, you'll see Varok Saurfang die at the hands of his son-turned Death Knight, as he is unable to hurt his child. Whether or not he sees his son's soul / mind redeemed remains to be seen, adding to Thrall's contemplation of honor.

(NOTE: Jaina Proudmoore is not rumored to appear as an interactive npc, as Sylvanas Windrunner isn't. Though it is likely they will be there, I highly doubt either will perish, though my thoughts on an Alliance lore toon dying are shady.)

EVENT THREE: Tirion Fordring will sacrifice himself in the Lich King fight, killing himself and mortalizing the Lich King for kill.

EVENT FOUR: "We have all left something in the snows of Northrend." On the way back, Thrall will contemplate peace and if there can ever be such a thing. Seeing so many perish - including his friend and friend's son - he fears for his people. Unwilling to command at the time of war, he puts Garrosh, who has shown growth in the final days in Northrend, as temporary warchief for wartime and travels off.

EVENT FIVE: Cairne WILL die, but it will not be known to the public for some time. I DO unfortunately believe this - though it may just be the lore side of me. Several possible ways:

1.) He decides to travel with Thrall, thus fulfilling the "Thrall and Cairne saving orphans" artwork shown at Blizzcon. He passes away while traveling, of old age.

2.) Option One, but he is assassinated while traveling. Since it seemed they were in the Stonetalon Mountains, the Grimtotems are possible culprits, thus fulfilling Magatha's first step in her plan.

3.) Cairne is assassinated BEFORE Thrall returns (likely, considering Baine is replacing him before Cataclysm). This adds to Thrall's guilt and causes him to go on a leave of absence.

I highly, highly doubt that Garrosh himself kills Cairne, even if he declares him a traitor. Sorry for the wall of text

15+ Year Old Account

Now I just thought of the most epic thing of all time.

Cairne gets assassinated by Garrosh (or under garrosh's orders) and blames it saying the Alliance did it, so the Tauren will want to avenge their leader.

Then, during a epic battle (Alliance vs. Horde) Cairne and Thrall will come up and say stop! And explain what Garrosh did and then everyone turns to him and wtfpwns him.

Well...not before Cairne yells "Reincarnation bitches!"

He'll probley die in Cataclysm while traveling with Thrall trying to heal Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooblin
    (NOTE: Jaina Proudmoore is not rumored to appear as an interactive npc, as Sylvanas Windrunner isn't. Though it is likely they will be there, I highly doubt either will perish, though my thoughts on an Alliance lore toon dying are shady.)
    Jaina is a listed NPC for the Icecrown Raid voice actors. Sylvanas still isn't, though.

If Boubouille's source is to be believed this has been mostly explained. Thrall becomes "Super Orc" (Guardian of Tirisfal, and he deserves it) and Cairne is killed by Garrosh. Going off this I can only speculate as to the events that lead up to it.

Example:
    The Taurens are none to happy with Garrosh, and Garrosh needs them as much as the Orcs for the coming war. He needs to rile up the Taurens and get rid of the one desenter that keeps them from becoming violent, Cairne. How do you get the Taurens to go against everything they're taught while still feeling like they're honoring their leader who taught them against this violence? Kill him and blame it on the opposing side and put one of his beloved people (in this case Baine, his son) in the fallen leader's place and coax them to war.

That's genius warmongering on Garrosh's part. The rest of the race's of the Horde are much easier.

Garrosh to Sylvannas: "Remember that one time, you know, at the Wrathgate in Northrend? You have one week to get your shit together and meet us on the front line."

Garrosh to Vol'jin: "It seems to me the Orcs took you in and protected you and your people in your greatest time of need, you have a week."

Garrosh to whoever is in charge of the belfs at this point: "We helped you end the Amani threat, we helped destroy your corrupt prince TWICE and helped you secure the Sunwell once again. We also helped you in getting your revenge on the Lich King, time to pay up, you have a week."

Again, just an example, but Garrosh has all the cards in his deck e needs to pull it off.

I personally think he will leave and take Malfurion's place in the fight against the Emerald Nightmare, while Malfurion is leading the attack on Mount Hyjal.

...Or maybe he just retires and wanders the wild.

Adenspear

I don't think we should rely on the Thrall becomes guardian and Cairne is murdered angle. Too far fetched at this point. The WoW comic (which I don't read) seems to be moving the story in a different direction, and one of the Blizzard posted said she hadn't seen anyone close to the actual Cataclysm story yet (though she wasnt directly referring to Cairne). I think he'll most likely run off with Thrall somewhere. His background story even indicates he'd love to lay down his title if there was someone else to do it. Baine is ready. His time spent as overlord of Bloodhoof village has prepared him for the big leagues.

Kisirani almost confirmed Garrosh won't kill Cairne

I think the option one is the best, because Metzen said Thrall will go on a journey to help healing the damage Deathwing made on Azeroth, and I don't think Cairne will be stay idle while the world is being destroyed

Thrall still can become the guardian, because some people said Med'an will die on issue 25
    I will watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I will laugh as dey grow to despise ya as I do.

-Vol'jin

I think, Thrall and Cairne just quit WoW, because they hate facerolling content- only thing is, they still have their Subscriptions running.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooblin
    I was the one that posted about Thrall's honor, and I was gonna say my opinion on the events to come but held back. Here is my most logical thought process one what will happen in the coming months:

EVENT ONE: The Ashen Verdict (Faction: Argent Crusade + Knights of the Ebon Blade) and the heroes of both the Alliance and the Horde will begin their assault on Icecrown Citadel.

EVENT TWO: If you are Horde, you'll see Varok Saurfang die at the hands of his son-turned Death Knight, as he is unable to hurt his child. Whether or not he sees his son's soul / mind redeemed remains to be seen, adding to Thrall's contemplation of honor.

EVENT THREE: Tirion Fordring will sacrifice himself in the Lich King fight, killing himself and mortalizing the Lich King for kill.

EVENT FOUR: "We have all left something in the snows of Northrend." On the way back, Thrall will contemplate peace and if there can ever be such a thing. Seeing so many perish - including his friend and friend's son - he fears for his people. Unwilling to command at the time of war, he puts Garrosh, who has shown growth in the final days in Northrend, as temporary warchief for wartime and travels off.

EVENT FIVE: Cairne WILL die, but it will not be known to the public for some time. I DO unfortunately believe this - though it may just be the lore side of me. Several possible ways:

1.) He decides to travel with Thrall, thus fulfilling the "Thrall and Cairne saving orphans" artwork shown at Blizzcon. He passes away while traveling, of old age.

2.) Option One, but he is assassinated while traveling. Since it seemed they were in the Stonetalon Mountains, the Grimtotems are possible culprits, thus fulfilling Magatha's first step in her plan.

3.) Cairne is assassinated BEFORE Thrall returns (likely, considering Baine is replacing him before Cataclysm). This adds to Thrall's guilt and causes him to go on a leave of absence.

I highly, highly doubt that Garrosh himself kills Cairne, even if he declares him a traitor. Sorry for the wall of text
    Also, note that while Varian as an Alliance leader is confirmed to be among the "lore figures" who take part in the assault on Icecrown Citadel, Thrall is NOT present in those events, which i find weird. I find it strange since in the comic series, after repelling the undead attack and destroying the necropolis above Orgrimmar, his exact word are "Tell your master we accept his invitation... The Horde prepares for war." and later on we see him making preparations for the expedition to Northrend, he even turns down Jaina's invitation to the new Council because he's too busy with the preparations. He comes to Dalaran when the threat of Yogg-saron is evident. He's even present at the games at the Argent Tournament to oversee the champions fight. Now, since he's been present in every major even in this expansion, why is he missing at the pivotal point - the assault on Icecrown Citadel? So basically his "disappearance" from the story starts before the assault on the Citadel and ends when the goblins help him escape that Alliance ship. All this leads me to believe that Thrall starts having doubts in his honor long before the final events at Icecrown. The reasons why he leaves the Horde in the hands of Garrosh may lay even deeper than we all think. Something big happened to Thrall during all those months that is not yet revealed.

And on the topic, I pretty much believe that Cairne is not going to "die". You can't kill a major lore character who hasn't received any development for 5 years and he ever did was just sit in that tent of his. What's the point to "forget" about him for so long time just to kill him now? Furthermore, the "Thrall and Cairne rescuing Horde babies" picture pretty much confirms he's alive and kicking. He's hanging out with Thrall like in the good ol' days.