Thread: Anub'Arak 25 HC

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anub'Arak 25 HC

Finally killed twins and did some trys (6) on Anub hc 25. Fight seems like pretty hard, lot of dps required, coordination from EVERYONE, the ability to move properly and lots of heal managementl. Can't stack adds, boss cleaves, very few frost orbs, etc etc etc.
    I was told that only 124~ guilds did this until now. Anyway asking for help doesnt hurt so here it is.
    I´d love for some feedback from ppl who already killed him or from someone who came pretty close(3rd fase).
    I still dont have much info on any "tricks" for the fight due to the scarce number of trys we did but will share also.

Thx for your help.

Re: Anub'Arak 25 HC

Just to clarify one thing Getting to p3 is not pretty close, it's where the fight really starts.
    Also, you can stack adds on one block tank. Have one rogue use mind-numbing poison and your retribution paladin assigned to interupting the adds. 1.3 second cast is not that much time but it's enough, especially with the new timer added to DBM.
    Well, hints.. have a look at the Paragon kill movie, gives you a decent idea of how the fight can look like.

When we stacked the 4 adds, I wasn't even seing the cast, maybe because of the buff. But I wasnt on interrupt duty.

You don't need assigned interrupters, you can fully prevent them from ever casting it.

How?

By stunning them 1 second before they are about to cast it. The cast is predictable and there are several mods out there who display its timer.

I hope that this could help you: http://lotto-guild.com/forums/thread/443

Our tactic for that fight

gl with anub

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    When we stacked the 4 adds, I wasn't even seing the cast, maybe because of the buff. But I wasnt on interrupt duty.
    Mind numbing poison. The stun thing is great, but the more heavily you stack interrupts, the better your chances at not losing a key player in p3.

Anub'arak doesn't cleave.

As someone else said, getting to 30% is nowhere near killing. You can easily be stuck in phase 3 for weeks, its where the fight really starts. Heres the basics:

- Use 2 frost orbs per kite phase, 1 per combat phase.
    - Use 2 tanks with 4 aggro MD's (hunters / rogues).
    - Stack aoe classes
    - Use 4 interrupters AND a ret paladin to make sure nothing messes up (we dont use a ret pala because of our add tank's rotation)
    - Heal the SHIT out of Penetrating Cold in phase 3.
    - Dont heal other people in phase 3, aim to have everyone without PC on 1000 hp max.

Those are the basic tactics to the fight, you can figure out for yourself how to execute them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Mind numbing poison. The stun thing is great, but the more heavily you stack interrupts, the better your chances at not losing a key player in p3.
    Pff, let a lock CoT them :>

regarding p3:

if anyone in the raid is healed to 100% health you need more than two DDs to outdamage this heal to the boss! Support every group with a constant, but very low (like 250hps) healing such as: VE, hs totem or lower ranks of holy nova.

Have everybody in the raid remove random raid healing!!! Resto shamans should remove Ancestral Awakening, Ferals remove their Imp.Lotp, do not judge Seal of Light and so on.

To prevent your people from dieing to the frost dot assign special healers to shield and hot diff targets and have everybody grab a HS and a Major frost protection potion to pop in when afflicted by the dot (in order to survive the inital tick of 2-3kish which would otherwise kill you because you are at or below 800 hp).

Quote Originally Posted by Saliz
    By stunning them 1 second before they are about to cast it. The cast is predictable and there are several mods out there who display its timer.
    do u know how many seconds after adds spawn they cast shadowstrike? and what mods are there?

Quote Originally Posted by divineseer
    do u know how many seconds after adds spawn they cast shadowstrike? and what mods are there?
    DBM has a timer

Majesty

It's "HM" not "HC"

HC means hardcore, HM means hardmode. Please post correctly from now on.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    It's "HM" not "HC"

I believe the OP put HC in the title, as it is Heroic.

@OP

DBM works very well, or you could have a Gnome/Troll count between each strike....either works.

It's "HM" not "HC"

I've seen HC stand for heroic for a couple years.
    Go listen to HIM instead of flaming people for no reason.
    I hear they're REALLY good. /sarcasm

It's "HM" not "HC"

You ignorant child, how do you know HC doesn't mean Heroic from the author's perspective.. Maybe you should get your facts right and post correctly from now on.

Anyway, we just downed twins and our guild is currently working on Anub'Arak.
    Keep up the good info! Looking forward to killing the bastard

Thanks

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5210/kektonic.gif

File too large -- check out the forum guidelines. --Sunshine

Majesty

I was joking

It's "HM" not "HC"

Oh, you're very imposing and authoritative with that stratospheric post-count (sixteen as of this post; yeah, mine ain't much better. Oh vell), and your... groovy B.I.G. reference. *wretch*

It's been clarified; in the wonderful world of WoW-craft 'HC' couldn't officially be acronymic for 'Hard-Core'. I would congratulate you on your attempt at hard-ballin', but that would be silly.

I was joking
    And so was I; hee-hee, ho-hum.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.