Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    why do people get so mad and call everyone scrubs. yes casuals can kill the boss you already killed but they have to wait. some people just don't have the time to raid as much as is need to get good gear. i go to school for most of my day but does that mean i should not be able to see the lich king because i don't have the gear. there still is hard core its called beating all the hard modes and bosses on the patch they were released in, so what if my guild of "scrubs" can kill a boss you have. you got to kill him when he was still new and exciting we got to kill him a month or 2 after he was released because we were able to get a boost in gear. if you don't people who don't have a lot of time to get to kill things you tried to kill asap you should just go.
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

  2. #22

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Your QQ'ing really makes me sick.

    They obviously want casuals (who represent approximately 80% of the player base) to have access to the same content as the hardcore raiders have, because they pay exactly the same 15 bucks per month.

    Those Hardcore Raiders still have their hardmodes. Whats wrong about getting good gear if you cant raid 24/7 and have access to ICC PuG's?

  3. #23

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    Raiders will be running around in ilevel 258+ gear. ilevel 232 gear (what you can buy with triumph badges) is going to drop from the three new heroics.

    If you're really hardcore (doing hard modes in ICC) you'll have access to ilevel 277 or higher gear.

    At 50 badges a piece, it would take a week of doing every single heroic every single day to put together a full 5 piece tier 9 set, longer to get the off pieces as well.

    Right now, for the same effort, you can get 4 pieces of tier 8 plus a lot of nice off pieces.

    So what is so special about T9 compared to T8? By the time it's easy to acquire, there will beT10 and heroic T10 that makes it look like a joke.
    If you're using ilevel 232 gear, you're not any where close to BiS.
    Are you factoring in Naxx, OS, VoA, Siege of Ulduar bosses? +dailys

    I am by no means a 'hardcore' player, but I wouldn't make the assumption that we're going too automatically have ilvl 277, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius?* That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you?* What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

    If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

  4. #24

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Faster rejuv haha its already the best hot a druid has

  5. #25

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    You can't be fucking serious guys.. that would be what id generally call: Really Retarded shit!

    I mean c'mon ofc we need casuals to be able to rock with the big tops, but aren't ToCr and Conquest Badge iLvl 226 gear enough..?

    am i really the only one who dont want to see idiots run around in full tier 9 after a day of heroic farming, the so far highest tier? ;s i mean really now it still takes atleast some kind of effort to get even a single piece of gear.. but with that.. i don't really know... what's it worth to be in full high ilvl BiS gear if i could get the same gear on a whole new 80 dinged char in a week or so..? i mean what's the challenge and achievement in that..? ???

    Dots, hots idea seems nice tbh but rather stupid aswell, not quite sure if i really like it or not..

    kind of disappointed by wow atm... :-\
    Let's see... full tier 9 set, 5 items... 3x 75 + 2x 45 emblmems, totaling 315, translating into 80-100 heroic instances. Haha, fuck it, if someone has the patience to farm heroics that much, I say they deserve it. If they were casual it probably took them few weeks anyway.

    "what's it worth to be in full high ilvl BiS gear if i could get the same gear on a whole new 80 dinged char in a week or so..?"

    I don't know man, luckily that's impossible. The shit you get from emblem vendors isn't "high ilvl BiS gear". Get a grip.

    EDIT: Apparently the nubi set is cheaper, 215 emblems total, still a rather tedious task I'd say.

  6. #26

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by thewax
    Your QQ'ing really makes me sick.

    They obviously want casuals (who represent approximately 80% of the player base) to have access to the same content as the hardcore raiders have, because they pay exactly the same 15 bucks per month.

    Those Hardcore Raiders still have their hardmodes. Whats wrong about getting good gear if you cant raid 24/7 and have access to ICC PuG's?
    I heard that 56.67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    @ the actual post:

    You must obviously be one of the people in ilvl 200 and 213 gear, who doesn't want any difficulty in the game.

    Regardless of whether 'said' individual gets the ilvl 232/245 gear, it will still be blatantly obvious they cannot perform intelligently in a raid setting.

    (PS: I cannot raid 24/7, thats physically and mentally impossible)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius?* That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you?* What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

    If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

  7. #27

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    am i really the only one who dont want to see idiots run around in full tier 9 after a day of heroic farming, the so far highest tier? ;s i mean really now it still takes atleast some kind of effort to get even a single piece of gear.. but with that.. i don't really know... what's it worth to be in full high ilvl BiS gear if i could get the same gear on a whole new 80 dinged char in a week or so..? i mean what's the challenge and achievement in that..? ???

    kind of disappointed by wow atm... :-\
    For starters, the highest tier right now is 25 MAN HEROIC T9. This is 10 man normal T9 that is being bought by emblems alone. The two are VERY VERY different. 232/245 items will be obtainable through heroics. ICC drops all the 232 pieces that aren't purchasable with emblems.

    Emblem of Triumph gear is SO completely not best in slot you can't even make that argument. Also, the problem is that most players don't even want you in a heroic group unless you are geared to raid anymore anyways because they assume the fact that you don't have all raid worthy gear means you suck.

    Feel free to quit WoW. Just don't feel free to bitch about it. This game is about the 95% of the players that don't want to devote their lives to raiding. Don't penalize me because I have a life. I have the right to go after the same gear everyone that plays 40+ hours a week does I just shouldn't get it as quickly.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  8. #28

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    It's stupid that the obvious way for haste to affect hots and dots had to be come up with as a new "idea" at all.

  9. #29

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Daxter
    I heard that 56.67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    @ the actual post:

    You must obviously be one of the people in ilvl 200 and 213 gear, who doesn't want any difficulty in the game.

    Regardless of whether 'said' individual gets the ilvl 232/245 gear, it will still be blatantly obvious they cannot perform intelligently in a raid setting.

    (PS: I cannot raid 24/7, thats physically and mentally impossible)
    really funny... :P

    but tell me. why should someone who pays exact the same amount of money shouldnt have the same access to specific parts of the game?
    Its like if 2 people buy the exact same car but one doesent get an engine because he cant drive it that much.

  10. #30

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Daxter
    Im not usually one too "QQ" about gear/emblems.

    But I am strongly opposed to this emblem base conversion, simply based on the fact that getting ilvl 232 gear will be FAR too easy. By this I mean you can have 5/5 T9 within a week, and that is DEFINITELY an issue.

    As for the whole "oh well the gear isn't the best anymore", the point of my post is the gear is still quite high-end when taking a look at WOTLK epics.

    I'm greatly concerned because this makes a large deal of content obsolete (Not Ulduar QQ).

    Now this wouldn't be too much of a problem if it weren't possible to buy ALL OF THE T9 with badges, you can basically gear out too the point of hardmode TOGC 10, through the triumph badge gear (If given the proper amount)
    Lots of older WOTLK content is already obsolete. Naxx anyone?
    232 gear is only 1 teir above what you can already get from Heroics (226), by the time 3.3 hits the live servers, if your a raider and you aren't rocking 245 or better in every slot your just a bad, does it really effect you that people that aren't you can get gear that isn't as good as yours?

  11. #31
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,944

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    You can't be fucking serious guys.. that would be what id generally call: Really Retarded shit!

    I mean c'mon ofc we need casuals to be able to rock with the big tops, but aren't ToCr and Conquest Badge iLvl 226 gear enough..?

    am i really the only one who dont want to see idiots run around in full tier 9 after a day of heroic farming, the so far highest tier? ;s i mean really now it still takes atleast some kind of effort to get even a single piece of gear.. but with that.. i don't really know... what's it worth to be in full high ilvl BiS gear if i could get the same gear on a whole new 80 dinged char in a week or so..? i mean what's the challenge and achievement in that..? ???

    Dots, hots idea seems nice tbh but rather stupid aswell, not quite sure if i really like it or not..

    kind of disappointed by wow atm... :-\
    I'm gettin so sick of people like the above that don't have a clue at all.

    YOU CANNOT GET A FULL TIER SET FROM TOKENS, YOU CAN ONLY GET 2 PIECES OF EACH TIER.

  12. #32

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    am i really the only one who dont want to see idiots run around in full tier 9 after a day of heroic farming, the so far highest tier?
    After reading posts like this I always wonder... what is the driving force for people such as yourself for playing WoW? Do you not have fun raiding and being with the group of people that you're raiding with? That seems like it would be the important thing. Why get bothered by someone you don't even know having something in an imaginary world? Let it go and focus on having fun killing bosses.

  13. #33

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    There is no point to WoW anymore.

    Any gear you get will be collected by scrubs 4 weeks later.
    Any boss you kill will be killed by scrubs 4 weeks later.
    You do realize the very fact that you use this argument makes you a SCRUB. Hardcore raiders DO NOT raid for gear. They raid for the thrill of things like server first kills. They want to do it because it can be done. If you raid for gear you are simply a scrub to begin with. Since when do they release major patches every 4 weeks? Its more like 16 weeks and you are replacing your gear anyways. If this really bothers you then you should make the statement that THERE IS NO POINT TO PLAYING WOW BECAUSE EVERY 16 WEEKS YOU UPGRADE YOUR GEAR AND EVERY TWO YEARS YOU GET COMPLETELY NEW GEAR ABSOLUTELY FREE. See, there has never been a point to playing this game if you ONLY play for gear.

    All that matters is Blizzard get their $$$$$, all competitive features of WoW have been finally killed.
    I hear whining on the mmo-champion forums is a competitive feature...you should try that! Oh WAIT!

    World Firsts? Who cares? Stars/Ensidia etc etc all killed Anub hc 25 weeks ago, NO PROBLEM everyone else has seen/killed it now too.
    Just so you know, VERY VERY VERY few people ever gave a rats ass about "world firsts". Fewer care now. NO ONE gives a shit about video game "accomplishments" except the people that did them. I really don't give a damn who the first person in the world to beat Halo 3 was either. Its the same concept. You want to have a successful world first that people actually care about then be the first to cure cancer. Anything you "accomplish" in a video game was simply A WASTE of time.

    Why be hardcore when being a casual scrub lets yuo get everything and see the whole game aswell.
    Because you want to be. MMOs are about the way you want to play them. Stop saying scrub as if all players that have lives and take time off from your all important game are automatically bad.

    Zero reason to want to play well in this game anymore, everything gets handed on a silver platter to everyone.
    Then by all means quit. Just don't bitch about wanting to quit and never do it. Blizzard is catering to the people that pay for you to raid. Deal with it!
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  14. #34

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Where in the post did it say I can ding 80 and get some hawt new bis Icecrown gear and tier 10? Is my public school reading comprehension failing me or are the too much time on my hands, video gamez r surios bizness & require hard work, look-at-me while I'm afk in dalaran -oops- I got lotion all over my keyboard while u wuz checkin out my trinkets & epic taburd lames crying about the sky falling again? Go play Aion & stfu.
    I work for Fox News

  15. #35

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    I'm glad that they understand the need for players to see every bit of content and scale the requirements accordingly though emblem upgrades in content patches. People doing heroics on the order of 15 emblems/day won't have to spend months of failed raids to get competitive gear to even see ICC, but the important part is that the high-end raiding guilds will always see and outfit their raid members first to tackle the hardmodes months before alert casuals like Peter Has A Job can show his stuff on normal mode or low-skill players like Joe Rollface even replaces half of his gear to catch up to the point where he doesn't have to pay attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    There is no point to WoW anymore.

    Any gear you get will be collected by scrubs 4 weeks later.
    Any boss you kill will be killed by scrubs 4 weeks later.

    All that matters is Blizzard get their $$$$$, all competitive features of WoW have been finally killed.

    World Firsts? Who cares? Stars/Ensidia etc etc all killed Anub hc 25 weeks ago, NO PROBLEM everyone else has seen/killed it now too.

    Why be hardcore when being a casual scrub lets yuo get everything and see the whole game aswell.

    Zero reason to want to play well in this game anymore, everything gets handed on a silver platter to everyone.
    Are you 100 pounds overweight?

  16. #36

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Hardcore raiders DO NOT raid for gear. They raid for the thrill of things like server first kills.....

    Just so you know, VERY VERY VERY few people ever gave a rats ass about "world firsts". Fewer care now. NO ONE gives a shit....
    You agreed with me, by agreeing that nobody gives a shit about World/Server firstsanymore. Which makes the game pointless. Which was exactly the point i was making..... :

  17. #37

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Daxter
    Regardless of whether 'said' individual gets the ilvl 232/245 gear, it will still be blatantly obvious they cannot perform intelligently in a raid setting.
    BULL SHIT! Seriously, get over yourself. Just because people don't play like you do and actually have interferences called LIFE (its a great fucking game you should try it sometime) doesn't mean they "can't perform in a raid setting". I have been out performing in every raid I have been in over the course of the years I have played this game. I just take time off often because I get bored of playing and I enjoy having a real life. Stop thinking just because people don't have the best gear they don't have the skill to get it. Many of them just don't give a damn enough to put in the effort to get it because they learned long ago that gear doesn't matter in this game and is CONSTANTLY replaced so if you are raiding for gear alone you are moronic.
    I used to be hardcore, then I discovered how fun it is to get laid on an almost daily basis. I'll take sex over WoW any day, so now I'm casual.

  18. #38

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Hehe post full of "I'm more geared than you so i'm better than you"



    i Raid since Vanilla. I remember in vanilla that our guild disbanded when we had to go back to MC because we lost too much geared ppl and we had to replace them with ungeared ppl... it was a real pain in the ass.


    Now, you just bring them into heroics, some Trial of Champion, you pugs naxx one time or two, and they start to have decent gear. a lot simplier...


    Gear =\= Skill, ppl should remind that.

    I love to see a full geared toon telling to everyone that he is the best bla bla bla because "His guild" clear all the stuff. But when you play more with that guy, you realize that he suck. He only raid because he is a RL friends of one of the raid leader etc...


    Right now, Tops guild are geared in ilvl 258. Emblem of Thriuph are 232/245 lvl. So Even if everyone is in T9, most top raider will still have a lead over casual. but by the time casual player will have enough emblem to buy all the stuff, every top raider will be in Ilvl 277.

    How you can see if a guy is good? don't look at his gear, loot at his acheivement...


    As a officer in my guild. I'M very happy that gearing ppl for Icecrown glacier will be a lot easier. Recrutement is a continuous process...

  19. #39

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Relene
    I just don't know anymore.

    I still have as much fun as I did back in 2004. Dunno what stick people have up their ass, but I'm sure glad as hell I don't have it.
    QFT

    Dunno why people are complaining about the badge change, as said already EoT-items will be as outdated in 3.3 as EoC items are right now. You will still get the best gear from raiding..

    Dot change sounds interesting, we'll see is it attractive enough for certain classes that don't do a shit with it atm

  20. #40

    Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I'm gettin so sick of people like the above that don't have a clue at all.

    YOU CANNOT GET A FULL TIER SET FROM TOKENS, YOU CAN ONLY GET 2 PIECES OF EACH TIER.

    ... what?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •