Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    YOU CANNOT GET A FULL TIER SET FROM TOKENS, YOU CAN ONLY GET 2 PIECES OF EACH TIER.
    This is the list of gear we are talking about right here:

http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter...41;crv=0#150+1

And, YES YOU CAN GET FULL T9 WITH EMBLEMS!!!!! You can also get full 245 T9 with emblems and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47242 which will be obtainable by the vast majority of pugs once ICC comes out. So, lets be honest, in all actuality this change will make it so that you can have full 245 gear if you don't suck so badly that you can't run 25 man normal TOC (especially after the nerfs it will probably get with 3.3).
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted

I'm gettin so sick of people like the above that don't have a clue at all.

YOU CANNOT GET A FULL TIER SET FROM TOKENS, YOU CAN ONLY GET 2 PIECES OF EACH TIER.

I'm gettin so sick of people like the above that don't have a clue at all.

Noob, you can get the full set of tier 9.0 from Triumph badges, it just take about 210 of Triumph badges.

T9.0 (232): 210 Triumph badges
    T9.3 (245): 315 Triumph badges and 5 Trophies of the Crusade

You need to go to ToC 25 man to get Trophy of the Crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    it's not quite my point you might realise if you actually read all of my post..?

it's the whole idea of being able to pop into gear that's supposed to be for people who have cleared ulduar 25 and ToCr25 in raids, i don't get the point anymore.. :S
    I curently am wareing only 1 piece of gear that takes only triumph badges.. the ring.

There not alot of gear on that vendor thats worthwhile. At least not gear that ONLY takes badges. people will be able to get a couple pieces of 245 and their 232 set with badges. Meanwhile we will all be in ilvl 262 gear

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    Noob, you can get the full set of tier 9.0 from Triumph badges, it just take about 210 of Triumph badges.

T9.0 (232): 210 Triumph badges
    T9.3 (245): 315 Triumph badges and 5 Trophies of the Crusade

You need to go to ToC 25 man to get Trophy of the Crusade
    I wouldn't be shocked (although many might be) if they decide to add Trophy of the Crusade to either the end bosses in all heroics, the end bosses in the ICC heroics or the end bosses of earlier raids. I honestly believe the intent of this change is to fit everyone into 245 very easily when 3.3 comes out.

Actually, I would love to see them add ToC to certain raid bosses that keep players going back into those dungeons. Many people might be shocked to realize new people actually do buy this game and if you really want to make it impossible for newer players to get geared unless they wait for the next expansion then you don't really understand MMOs at all. MMOs die when newer players are disconnected with more experienced players because there is no influx of new blood and players often do quit.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I like the way they're going with emblems.

I tend to switch between several different characters depending on my mood.

This allows me to have fully raid-viable characters of whatever class I feel like playing in just a few weeks of casual play instead of having to try to raid on several different characters at the same time.

Now I just need to level my DK and rogue.

Girls and guys, if you are playing this game for its loot you need to find another game that doesn't update. A game is supposed to be fun and not a job. If you see gear grinding as the point of this game you are partly correct.. its a reward for an achievement that you completed a boss that required you to do some stuff.

If you played in the MC days you remember the 40 people, where there were about 3 epics a boss and you were about 5 of each class. You had to raid every single raid to keep up the gear, and the gear wasnt the fun part back then.. the encounter was.
    Alot have changed, and you should allow stuff to change since its an updating game.. hence why you are paying for it. If you want to keep your epics for a longer time its your choice, but when an instance is implemented everything steps up and the average quality of everyone has increased.

Deleted

FFS I WANT MY PONIES

Quote Originally Posted by Iaxon
    I like the way they're going with emblems.

I tend to switch between several different characters depending on my mood.

This allows me to have fully raid-viable characters of whatever class I feel like playing in just a few weeks of casual play instead of having to try to raid on several different characters at the same time.

Now I just need to level my DK and rogue.
    This !!!!!!!!

WIN WIN WIN!!!!

At first I was worried about having to replace an old glyph then i seen them adding 10 yards...

Blizz, as a shadow priest...i love you...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Icecrown Citadel - Hard Mode "Switch"
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Assuming everything goes as planned, you can switch it back and forth as much as you like. Encounter 1 on hard, 2 on normal, 3 on hard, 4 on normal, etc.

In effect it works out similar to Ulduar but it's with a much more clear method in the UI as opposed to the fairly confusing process of figuring out some encounter mechanics just to activate it.
    Oh, hot. Hot hot hot.

Always with the same fucking discussions about the same fucking thing.
    Go worry about clearing that HC HM 5/5 and gearing up for ICC instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    BULL SHIT! Seriously, get over yourself. Just because people don't play like you do and actually have interferences called LIFE (its a great fucking game you should try it sometime) doesn't mean they "can't perform in a raid setting". I have been out performing in every raid I have been in over the course of the years I have played this game. I just take time off often because I get bored of playing and I enjoy having a real life. Stop thinking just because people don't have the best gear they don't have the skill to get it. Many of them just don't give a damn enough to put in the effort to get it because they learned long ago that gear doesn't matter in this game and is CONSTANTLY replaced so if you are raiding for gear alone you are moronic.
    Actually gear has always mattered in this game, my friend.
    In fact. It's the only thing that has ever mattered in regards to moving your character forward.

Please, get over yourself actually. I'm glad you have a life, I do too. So do most of these same exact people that have the brains enough to have an issue with things such as this.

Last I checked this game followed the rpg format of leveling/progressing your hero.
    Now.. I'm no expert but I THINK gear is how we progress our character at max level.
    It doesn't matter if gear is made worthless next expansion, everyone accepts that.. as there's really not a means of extending that gear's lifespan if the maximum level is increased.

The present time, in the current expansion is what matters. And that period is expected by all to be a rich experience that actually feels like you're moving your hero forward over time.

Blizzard screwed up before the game was even life with the changes they made to the game world.
    But things weren't even this much of a joke upon release.

It's absolutely laughable at what they've done, and what you morons actually eat up and rabidly defend with your lives. It's great and all that everyone deserves a chance at content. That's fine and dandy.

But this completely spits in the face of every single person that was lead to believe by BLIZZARD's game design that gear was how you progressed your character at endgame.
    If gear means so little, it should be removed entirely and only be a cosmetic change.
    But then we have a pathetically shallow MMO environment unless a new form of increasing your character's ability at max level is added.

And no, don't bring in the gear progression is worthless because of the new expansions.
    That's a pathetic argument, as each expansion is an opportunity to progress all over again. And should be treated as separate games really.

The current game world is so intangible now; it's absolutely appalling.

They might as well have fresh 80s start out in full gear according to whatever the last tier was.
    I mean really.. The progression curve being flattened.

We're supposed to just look the other way when a group of new level 80 heroes skip defeating Kel'Thuzad. Killing Sartharion and Malygos. Not even know what a Yogg Saronlol is. But just killed Anub'Arak in their first week of raiding, with their Argent Lances and are now standing on the LICH KING'S doorstep?

I wonder how I could RP this on a roleplaying server.
    My hero would jump straight off the edge of Krasus' Landing when I saw this group of heroes arrive back in Dalaran to tell their tale of heroism.

Gear doesn't make the player, the only difference between a bad in 232 gear vs a bad in 200 gear is just slightly more dps.
    BAMF.

haha, i love this badge thing. when i do decide to start playing again it will be a cakewalk. but god i hate doing heriocs.

Why is people care so much about what gear other people have?

What does it mean the "scrub" who doesn't have skill to do X dps in raids gets X iLevel gear?.

IF your only reason to play this game is to /flex with your gear against those "scrubs" with lesser gear, i truly feel sorry for you. What ever happened to play for the sake of playing? And not stroking the e-peen?

10+ Year Old Account

in b4 casuals win

...whoops...

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets
    Why is people care so much about what gear other people have?

What does it mean the "scrub" who doesn't have skill to do X dps in raids gets X iLevel gear?.

IF your only reason to play this game is to /flex with your gear against those "scrubs" with lesser gear, i truly feel sorry for you. What ever happened to play for the sake of playing? And not stroking the e-peen?
    So true, so true. I'm appreciative of this, especially as T9 plate actually looks quite nice for Alliance, as does T9 cloth.
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

If you are wearing 232 teir when this patch hits then you need to realize that you are a casual and need to stop qq'ing. basically they will be gaining access to ok gear that will allow them to fail at pugs for a while trying to clear ICC then ICC will be nerfed once all the non casuals have it on farm and the casuals will get to see all teh content please tell me where this hurts your EPeen.

Edit: If the scrubs aren't full clearing ToC25 at this point getting trophies then they won't be after patch either
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    There is no point to WoW anymore.

Any gear you get will be collected by scrubs 4 weeks later.
    Any boss you kill will be killed by scrubs 4 weeks later.

All that matters is Blizzard get their $$$$$, all competitive features of WoW have been finally killed.

World Firsts? Who cares? Stars/Ensidia etc etc all killed Anub hc 25 weeks ago, NO PROBLEM everyone else has seen/killed it now too.

Why be hardcore when being a casual scrub lets yuo get everything and see the whole game aswell.

Zero reason to want to play well in this game anymore, everything gets handed on a silver platter to everyone.
    LOLUMADBRAH?!

In all seriousness, I love reading whine posts like this. It's like....they don't have intelligence to figure out that this gear will be like getting Naxx 10 gear from badges when the current content is TotC. I mean, it doesn't make sense at all.

These "scrubs" you speak of are the majority of the playerbase. Blizzard is a company that wants to please its customers and therefore continue subscriptions. If they catered to the whining hardcore minority, what would happen? They'd lose business.

Ultimately Blizzard is a business at all levels. If you don't like people getting outdated gear that will allow them to at least SEE the content without having to have a 3k+ gear score, then quit. Blizzard wants everyone to experience Icecrown Citadel and fight Arthas.

If you don't like it, gtfo.

We won't miss you and your pathetic whining.