Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Dots, hots and haste, Blue posts

Blizz, as a shadow priest...i love you...
    You gotta be kidding...

It's people like you that present shadow priests as a fine spec while we're not, neither in pve nor in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    You gotta be kidding...

It's people like you that present shadow priests as a fine spec while we're not, neither in pve nor in pvp.
    O come on it makes haste more worth while to have...thats the whole point...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

15+ Year Old Account

[quote=Boubouille ]
    Ulduar Change - Thorim disconnect
    Originally Posted by Dresorull (Blue Tracker)
    We've made some changes to the Thorim encounter in Ulduar to reduce the amount of information sent when you initially start the fight. This should reduce the amount of lag and disconnects that some players experience when starting the encounter.

If you have completed the Thorim encounter after today (10/6) and are still experiencing issues when engaging the mobs in the arena, please post in this thread.

Please keep this thread on topic, and only post if you are still experiencing disconnects during the Thorim encounter.
    October 6th, 2009. Blizzard finally decides to make changes, I guess we should expect changes made to Northrend Beasts by mid July 2010.

Ugh..... :-\

"If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abani
    Actually gear has always mattered in this game, my friend.
    In fact. It's the only thing that has ever mattered in regards to moving your character forward.

Please, get over yourself actually. I'm glad you have a life, I do too. So do most of these same exact people that have the brains enough to have an issue with things such as this.

Last I checked this game followed the rpg format of leveling/progressing your hero.
    Now.. I'm no expert but I THINK gear is how we progress our character at max level.
    It doesn't matter if gear is made worthless next expansion, everyone accepts that.. as there's really not a means of extending that gear's lifespan if the maximum level is increased.

The present time, in the current expansion is what matters. And that period is expected by all to be a rich experience that actually feels like you're moving your hero forward over time.

Blizzard screwed up before the game was even life with the changes they made to the game world.
    But things weren't even this much of a joke upon release.

It's absolutely laughable at what they've done, and what you morons actually eat up and rabidly defend with your lives. It's great and all that everyone deserves a chance at content. That's fine and dandy.

But this completely spits in the face of every single person that was lead to believe by BLIZZARD's game design that gear was how you progressed your character at endgame.
    If gear means so little, it should be removed entirely and only be a cosmetic change.
    But then we have a pathetically shallow MMO environment unless a new form of increasing your character's ability at max level is added.

And no, don't bring in the gear progression is worthless because of the new expansions.
    That's a pathetic argument, as each expansion is an opportunity to progress all over again. And should be treated as separate games really.
    Sure, gear is a way to progress your character. Emphasis: YOUR character. If you care so much about your gear, then why are you looking at what everyone else has? Those that are behind will be in 232 tier, maybe 245 tier, and a few other pieces of 245. You'll be in flippin' 262 or w/e it is with Icecrown. This same tired argument was presented with the soft-gear reset with 3.2. "OMG everyone's in 226 gear now which I worked so hard to get for my toon." BIG FREAKING DEAL. The top players and guilds are now in 245~258 gear, while most of the "casuals" are still in some 226, probably lower since they are JUST NOW able to get in Ulduar for 226 and 219 gear. Blizzard doesn't care how much the 5% of their player base values the "rarity" of their gear. Casuals and PUGs still won't be able to get the 258 tier if this change goes through, and they would still have to clear 25 ToC (which is no cake-walk) to get trophies for the 245 tier. The most you can get with JUST triumph emblems is 232 tier, 245 helm, shoulders, ring, and trinket...and then crusader orbs for a chest and bracers. Top level gear within an expansion is worthless when the level cap is raised in the next expansion, of course, but top ilvl gear is worthless when the next raid/content patch comes out as well. When higher ilvl gear is realeased, the previous ilvl gear becomes weaker. This is to be expected in a game that is constantly changing/updating/evolving/whatever. When Ulduar came out, was everyone QQing that their Naxx BiS gear became worthless? Not so much. Was it really that big of a deal that PUGs could start clearing Naxx and getting that same (what used to be) BiS gear? No. Because the top players were jumping into Ulduar, and clearing that and its hard modes when casual players were just trying to get to the point where they could enter Ulduar.

Stop wishing that it was more like vanilla where it would take you a month or 2 to get one piece of gear. It didn't make you special then, it doesn't make you special now. Gear is a means to down bosses and see more content. I repeat: SEE MORE CONTENT. This is Blizzard's intent: for more of the player base to SEE MORE CONTENT. If your sole focus is to down bosses to get gear and feel special about your e-peen that you have gear that no one else has, then you're playing the wrong game. Don't forget also that there IS gear that only the hardest core of the hardcore can get, such as the hard mode loot in Ulduar, or the heroic gear from ToC 10 and 25. Or the legendary healing mace.

TL;DR: Stop worrying that other people will be getting the same gear that you "worked so hard for". The top players will be in Icecrown epics anyway. Blizzard is not out to make your epeen feel big and strong by having gear be exclusive. They want as many players as possible that WANT to see the content to have the means to do that.

I don't think he's hearing you from his 200 pounds of fat flaps.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bllets
    Why is people care so much about what gear other people have?

What does it mean the "scrub" who doesn't have skill to do X dps in raids gets X iLevel gear?.

IF your only reason to play this game is to /flex with your gear against those "scrubs" with lesser gear, i truly feel sorry for you. What ever happened to play for the sake of playing? And not stroking the e-peen?
    Because the last survey completed showed that 70% of players suffer from depression, bi-polar, low self-esteem, etc. Feeling powerful in a video game helps them escape and they feel so betrayed when others can achieve the same goals as them.

The expansion should include a free 2 hour psychological evaluation!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted

I half expected the QQ about emblems as soon as I read it, and I'll say the same thing I said when they changed Emblems of Conquest.

If you think the only point of raiding is to show off your gear in Dalaran, you are playing it wrongly and deserve all the pain you're feeling now.

Raiding is an immensely fun experience where you get to test your skills to the limit, hang out with some friends, and generally play a game together. Blizzard has compromised none of those things with these emblem changes. You still get to progress your character by collecting new gear, you still get the sense of challenge and excitement that comes with difficult new content.

What it has changed is your petty attachment to comparing your gear with others. If you complain about it, then to my mind, that is all you are showing. Personally, I'm excited that I am able to gear up my alts and offspecs more easily, and that my guild no longer has to rerun Naxx and Ulduar just to gear up applicants.

O come on it makes haste more worth while to have...thats the whole point...
    I will still be wishing for less haste on my dps gear ;-/

Quote Originally Posted by Feinel
    I will still be wishing for less haste on my dps gear ;-/
    Unless you have Aussie pings, haste is more or less equal to crit atm anyway, this will probably make it better...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Emblems of Triumph from heroics, whoopdie-fucking-doo. They were certainly needed to be implemented, clearly the conquest badges didn't screw things up enough.

What the hell are they thinking?
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02

am i really the only one who dont want to see idiots run around in full tier 9 after a day of heroic farming, the so far highest tier?
    Yes.

Because its only going to be 100 people out of millions.
    I don't expect every to get tier 9 at all.

But I'm sure there are other games you would like more.

I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    Yea.. and the gear will be 2 tiers behind once ICC comes out.. so only bads will be complaining.
    Or adults.

No wait ... they don't even have time to complain.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Deleted

Well, if I gear up an alt I will still be buying T8 ... because it looks better than T9!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblack23
    There is no point to WoW anymore.
    Some would say the point is to have fun.

But if you think its fun to feel better than others perhaps you should try getting a really really hard university degree, then you can look down on all the scrubs without an education.

they say casuals don't farm heroics but when i logged in the call of the crusade after 2 weaks from launch i was the only person not to have t8.5 head, the chest i had been raiding for was also diminished in my eyes.

Now i'm telling you imagine ur in a raiding guild. You have 7 chars in your class so u will be in raid with rotation. Sometimes an item drops and sometimes from all the 25 players u get it. After some weeks/months u get 3,4 how many let's say 10 items.

And with the new patch some nab can get u back getting 5/5 t9 (nab version) and some other ring etc let's say 7-8 items in total.

Than you guys can meet and hear him say wow he have the "same" items, HELL YEAH !!
    Also an interesting thing that happen to me see him lvling bla bla 70+ in dala than see him with even better gear than you.

I more thing i am completely bored of ppl with bis items with 0 skill from my server yes we have those also..

Deleted

I CBA to read through 6 pages, but i dont really see the point in making hots tick more often since all its gonna do is force you to recast them more often.

DoTs on the other hand is a different story, you want them to do the most damage possible over a short period of time.
    HoTs are already situational, sometimes you want to hot 15 people and other times you only need to put them on 2-5 guys. So making them tick more often means less effective healing over a set amount of time.

Just my 2 cents.

more damage or healing ticks before they are cleansed or dispelled i guess
    - I served under Thrall, the mighty orc -

Holy Paladin - Burning Blade (US)
    My blood's still flowing and my heart's still beating like a hammer.

I don't see the problem people seem to have with this badge system changes. This is the same idea of thinking bums on the street shouldn't be allowed to spend a dollar in change they find on the streets at the same vending machine a white collar man does because he made that dollar in a paycheck instead of looking on the streets for it. It's a fucking vending machine, or in this case a vendor, get over it. Bums are allowed to walk into your rich stores and buy things with their money just like everyone else is. Get over yourself already.

I like the badge changes they've been doing. Why? Well, i'm a member of a raiding alliance on my server. We've got, at the moment, 2 25-man ToC groups. 3 10-man ToC groups. Both groups are also doing Ulduar hard modes, to squeeze that last bit of DPS you sometimes need to get past ToGC beasts. (and proto-drakes) Currently, due to RL issues or burnout, nearly every raid needs at least 1 person.

The pugs on my server apparently don't do Naxx anymore. I'll see maybe one or two 10 mans, and very rarely 25 man. I've yet to see pugs for Ulduar, except on Mondays, and even then it's just Flame Leviathan.

Do you really want to have to gear up someone through Naxx, Ulduar, and ToC in order to replace someone for Icecrown? I don't. especially when your OT finally gives up fighting his connection and decides to lay off raiding.

232 T9 isn't that big of a deal. There's already people out there sporting some of it that have never seen the inside of ToC. Good. That lets the raid leader grab someone who is skilled at their class who would ordinarily be passed over because he's still in heroic/Emblem of Heroism gear.

Remember you can gear a skilled player but you cant skill a geared player. Whether you like the badge change or not Blizz will do it anyways. People can get angry or vent about it all they want but the scrub in badge gear, reguardless of the iLVL, will only be invited based on gear once. If you dont know your class mechanics gear means nothing.