Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance shaman tier

So it's getting to the point where all my gear is ilevel 232 and 245. With my 2 pc 8.5 bonus still. Is it worth it to drop the 2pc bonus for 4pc bonus of t9? Or rather just any 245 item? or will the 20% from ss and ll give more overall dps?

miniseto

Re: Enhance shaman tier

T9 seems really lackluster.

I've seen quite a few high end shamans running 2 piece T9 and 258 pieces in the other slots. It seems like that may be the way to go but your best bet is simming different gear options with EnhSim.

people like lyska offer no help at all. I don't need that. If you have any actual insight on using 2 bonus from t8 or not please post. if you're gonna be a douche go fap some more.

Whoppa

I like my 9k earth shocks

Like I said.. 2pc t8/2pc t9 is not good. I think it's fairly obvious that you should be running 4pc t9 if you can... and there's no reason to not have the badges for at least 232 t9 at this point.
    If you think that I am being a douche by not spoon-feeding you the answer (yeah, I probably should have), you should link your armory (I'm looking at it right now.. nice gems breh!) =]
    Inb4 amgbeniceonforums

<Moderator Edit: Mind your tone or you will receive a ban.>

Quote Originally Posted by paint101
    people like lyska offer no help at all. I don't need that. If you have any actual insight on using 2 bonus from t8 or not please post. if you're gonna be a douche go fap some more.
    Paint, is there a reason that you haven't used rawr and enhsim to sim the difference you'd see? The tools are available for you to do this yourself, without having to ask the question "which is better?"

well, myself, i've noticed that since i dropped the 2p T8 and the dancing flame totem for 4p T9 and totem of the quaking earth, that my dps dropped about 400.

You're doing something wrong then.

Quote Originally Posted by minalla
    well, myself, i've noticed that since i dropped the 2p T8 and the dancing flame totem for 4p T9 and totem of the quaking earth, that my dps dropped about 400.
    Well ToDF was never a good totem in the first place. The effects of pure AP from ToQE far outweigh it. Looks like your need to rethink your playing strategy.

ok so you're telling me its a L2play issue i'm having. i would love to know what i'm doing wrong as i'm feeling a bit disheartened,

i start off with: Stormstrike, Earthshock, Lava Lash, and use maelstromx5 whenever its up. when everything is on CD i use magma totem or lightning shield depending on how long magma is up and how many charges lightning shield has. i use feral spirit whenever its off CD too.

Here is a link to my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...eard&n=Minalla.

The gear i had when i was at 6.1k dps was Totem of the dancing flame, Tier 8.5 helm and chestpiece. weapons: grasp of insanity and Aledars battlestar. i was also using mirror of truth and not the wrathstone.

For quite a while i have been fiddling with Grim toll and Pyrite infuser, i have always noticed that the dps coming out of grim toll is higher.

So any suggestions would be great,

10+ Year Old Account

For quite a while i have been fiddling with Grim toll and Pyrite infuser, i have always noticed that the dps coming out of grim toll is higher.
    really? i always thought shamans got more out of attack power than they did off of armor pen
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

ok so you're telling me its a L2play issue i'm having. i would love to know what i'm doing wrong as i'm feeling a bit disheartened,
    I'm not saying it's a L2P issue where you don't know your class, blah blah blah. I'm saying we get comfortable with the fights and over time get better at performing that fight along with the mechanics possibly being in our favor. Which fights are you seeing this lower dps now? The actual mechanics of the fight could play a big part of this. I would log the fight and upload it so that you can take a look at your active time to see if you are actually being able to dps for the entire length. For melee especially there are many parts of a fight in which we simply cannot put out our usual dps (due to a mechanic in the fight preventing us from being in range).

well fights i've previously had high dps on like the northrend beasts and jaraxxus i was seeing 6.1k under our guilds OP feral druid who is achieving 6.9k. last night when we did it i was only doing 5.8k and those are the only changes i have made. maybe i was just having a badnight.

5.8k - 6.1k is well within the margin of our sporadic dps . Windfury tends to cause some up and downs depending on if the dice god was on your side.

thanks hehe, that actually makes me feel loads better

Minalla, two things that might be affecting your dps are one, the nerf to armor pen, and two, the composition of your raid.

Did some of your raiders get replaced? Even if you still have the same class buffs, it could be that the new people aren't keeping the buffs up (misery/IFF, etc.).

Outside of that, I'd say you should sit down with rawr and enhsim, and see which set of gear comes out on top.

Its this simple :P

You wait until you have 4 set t9 then switch out of your t8. When u switch to t9 you re-gem entirely for haste (taking haste + ap where a good red socket bonus is avalable) gem a nightmares tear and a enchanted tear into 2 blue sockets to activate your (crit + crit dmg meta)

job fixed easy mode 6-7k dps. More if your pro ;D

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tchin%C3%A1tor

10+ Year Old Account

jw but why is haste rating so good for enhance shammies i mean doesn wf have a 3 sec cd so its not like its going to be proccing more often and ur not casting anything so wouldnt possibly going for more crit and attack power be a better choice? or is it that maelstorm weapon procs more with a lot of haste??
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

it probably is something to do with that, i went up to 6.3k tonight so its probably just that