Poll: Do you like the idea of having EoT drop off bosses in heroics?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...

Re: Poll on Emblems of Triumph drop from heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg
    It's true, guilds like Ensidia really don't spend much time at all on raids per week. However, it's the time spent getting to the point where BiS is obtainable that's massive. Now unless all 24 members in "Superman's" raid have BiS gear already, I really don't see him simply joining ToGC runs halfway through and getting BiS gear straight off the bat. On top of that some of the BiS items aren't even from ToGC but Ulduar hard modes, and with a DKP system (that every Hardcore guild in their right mind uses) the guy would have to have raided A LOT in order to beat his competition and buy every BiS with DKP.
    Actually most hardcore guilds that I now use a Loot Council, its really the only way to ensure that the loot gets used properly for progression.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    "Leet" players, as you call them, don't like seeing sub-par players getting easy rewards because a part of the benefit for being the best is to have the best. It doesn't kill me, but yes, I am in some small part offended when I see some retard in blues flying around on a stupid purple 310 mount that me and my guild worked our asses off to get. I worked for my gear. Why is it okay for some Pally to be given such great loot just so his dumb ass can go socket it with Spirit?
    An incredibly small portion of these "leet" players actually give a shit about this change and what others have. The sub par "leet" players who THINKS their good and awesome do however care.

The best of the best will always have the best gear, this change wont affect that at all. By the time these so called "scrubs" reach ilvl 245 from eot the best of the best will be in ICC bis items.

Stop moaning about it, it wont affect you pr0's as much as you like to try and make others believe.

Voted no as getting badges isn't hard atm. Just do a toc 10 pug or do ony/voa each week and daily heroics and it wont be a problem to obtain triumph badges.

If you want more faster then join a 25man guild or even 10man to get the heroic toc down as well, if not then well take it slow. Choice is all yours and how much time you want to spend on getting better gear for your character is all up to you.

Don't try to make this game easier then it already is Spend the time or live with less then superb gear for a while longer then the ones raiding on a regular basis for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    They did not remove emblems... but you said you were against emblems, so it's kinda sad to base your argument on them.
    So you're saying conquest is fine, but not triumph ? Why ?
    The difference between ToC gear and conquest gear is exactly the same as between ICC gear and triumph gear ... So for T9 content it was cool but not for T10 ? why? because you needed it to gear up ?

And if both were not ok, it means we should remove them right ? ...which brings me to my argument, without emblems, it would take a crazy lot of time to get some1 ready for ICC.
    Never said i was against emblems in general, just the kind of system WotLK has evolved into. If u read my post a one page back, u would see that i wanted Valors from HC's in 3.2, and Conquests in 3.3, not as it is now: Conqs in 3.2 and Triumphs in 3.3 (Blizz' plan right now). Making it easy to gear up is ok, but it should be one tier lower.

One guy here had a better idea: make Triumphs drop from RAIDS ONLY (Naxx-ToC) and keep Conquests in HC's, would kind of ressurect some of the Naxx/Ulduar pugging which they killed in 3.2

Btw, read my last post, Triumphs are FUCKING EASY to get already (farm ToC10/25 every week + daily HC + VoA/Ony now and then any1?)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Actually most hardcore guilds that I now use a Loot Council, its really the only way to ensure that the loot gets used properly for progression.
    Yeah, there have been many sore debates regarding "DKP vs. Loot Council" and for progression, LC might be the predominant choice. I'm not a hardcore player myself so I'm not greatly informed with this, but when it comes to BiS gear (where you've obviously finished the progression period, and now on "Farming" mode) it's usually DKP that's seen as the best choice (in terms of fairness), unless of course the entire Guild puts all their faith to their officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthets
    LOL fun in tbc due to getting gear feeling like an achievement? every melee was using pvp wellfare weapons. Everyone could do heroics and get sunwell/black temple level gear. It was WAY worse back then? NO, it wasnt

Vanilla? Sure I was decked out in nax gear but many played in blues for their entire career, and we carried our noobs through both AQ40 and Nax, so it wasn't even sure that skill = gear back then.

In short, the way it works at the moment makes sence and makes it possible to switch if you get bored with your class without having to work for months to get ready.

The BT lvl loot was released with 2.4 (sunwell patch - last patch before nerf, so it wasnt like this all TBC), u had kara pugs which usually failed if u didn't run with guildies, and HC's that took MUCH LONGER time to clear than the 15min HC's we have today, the gear also costed a larger number of badges.

I dont know why, but for me (and every1 i know IRL who plays WoW...), TBC was much better. WotLK 3.1 was also much better (lol 3.0easymode), THATS why i dont want them to give out free gear this patch aswell
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by 814ck0u7
    P.S. yes i created an account just to tell daez how big of a pud he is.

P.S.S. there is no way in hell u could do TOC10 with everyone in a even mix of blues and greens. u'd get beat the fuck up.

why cant people just agree that gear and skill go hand in hand, not in terms of following each other, but like this: you could be the most "skilled" player in the world, and it wont mean shit if ur GEAR doesnt allow you to go over 2k dps. on the flip side, you could have all 258 shit and that wont help one bit if ur dead cuz u stand in fire.

actually, i know why people cant agree on it. because some people, most likely people like Daez cant even agree to disagree. well, it doesnt matter if no one or everyone agrees with it, its just fact. you need gear and skill to push dps, and u need skill and common sense to not stand in fire. thats just the way it is.
    You're right and wrong.

Right = ToC 10 cannot be done in blues/green, simply because Tank will NOT survive in blues/greens with healer i blues/greens.

Wrong= NO gear can cap you at 2k dps... that's done naked. Every class can push 3k dps in blues at lvl 80.

But in the end, you're still right, no way in hell ToC 10 can be done with EVERYONE in blue/green.

it shouldnt affect you if you are raiding icecrown since triumph gear is a tep behind you, and getting it through heroics wont mean they will be able to raid icecrown without failing

Quote Originally Posted by Zooton

work for it? stfu fatty...go get some more Mtn dew and pizza.....do you cry urself to sleep at night?

video games are not work...you just have nothing better to do for 40plus hrs a week....l2rl
    Wrath of casual king, omfg I hate casuals lie you. This game is getting more and more casual because of your kind of internet though guy... 'I wasnt able to suggest in video game so i demand you to make it easier so i can be good to.'

IF this change should be applied would we need to have a truimph to conquest conversion, so we still could get the other gear.

considering i run toc 10/25 voa 10/25 and ony 10/25 every week i thought that getting triumphs was too fast and easy as it is.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No. I do not want triumphs in 5's. I want them in Ulduar raids. Keep conquest elsewhere. I want a reason to do Naxx. I want a reason to do Ulduar. I'm tired of doing 11-14min Heroics every day to help gear people's toons up, only to have them turn around and stop playing because of how quick and easy it was, and how boring the current content is, especially when it took them nothing to outgear it and then do it.

MMO's are about investing time into building a character up over time to make it more meaningful and valuable to the individual. Blizzard is systematically removing the time commitment, destroying the very fabric of MMO-ality.

The hardcore raid community with players who we once considered legends or heroes is being undermined. There simply is no one to aspire to be like. No great gamers to emulate when everyone can be great because of the lack of genuine challenge.

I have multiple 80's, and I do not want this. I think my toons should need time and dedication to gear out over a period of months, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw

I dont know why, but for me (and every1 i know IRL who plays WoW...), TBC was much better. WotLK 3.1 was also much better (lol 3.0easymode), THATS why i dont want them to give out free gear this patch aswell
    Funny, because for me, and everyone i know, we hated what would become endless grinds for minor increases in gear. We love the concept of knowing that at a whim, lvling and gearing an alt is not going to become a chore

I voted yes, simply because everyone that calls himself a raider, will have already that gear by the opening of ICC.

I know this topic has been flogged to death a number of times now, but I wanted to put it in perspective from my point of view.

Last night, I started to destroy the pieces of gear we get from just emblems. I did it for 2 pieces of gear. I'm not in an amazing raiding guild. We are I think something like 10th on my server which has a very poor raiding population. If it was an option I would gladly have given that gear to someone who needs it.

If people like me who is not an amazing player, can already have replaced all the EoT gear, I don't see the harm in letting people less fortunate, or with less time to dedicate to the game. Or people who are simply not as good. In getting the gear that I am destroying.

When 3.3 hits, serious raiders and to be honest most part time casual raiders, should already be in 245 normal and 245 heroic gear at the least.

The EoT change prevent stagnation. And anyone who feels threatened by it, is in all honesty not as good as they like to think they are. Welfare Epics are what has kept the Raiding scene on my server alive and kicking. I remember in TBC where we had something like 4 guilds raiding BT and the bulk of the rest of the population was stuck at Kara. Now most guilds are able to raid TOC with ease, and will be able to set foot in icecrown and enjoy killing Arthus. Which is the culmination of this expansion. Its the end we have ALL been working for.

Bring on more welfare epics, for a more livley and fun raiding scene for the whole server. Scrubs casuals and bads, will only get better if they are given a chance. And they will never be given a chance stuck trying to gear up at entry level.

Just my opinions.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zarios
    I Say No, they have plenty of other options. People cant always see the best gear, its not fair to others who earned theirs.
    the best gear will come from the new badges, not the old
    our alts deserve this

Quote Originally Posted by Zooton

work for it? stfu fatty...go get some more Mtn dew and pizza.....do you cry urself to sleep at night?

video games are not work...you just have nothing better to do for 40plus hrs a week....l2rl
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQ