Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Omg T10 Bonus's (tank)

Simply put, i'd say its a good new CD, will a low cooldown, good numbers on the paper, and which scales. Also, i follow the actual trend for War Tank : Stamina stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho

"Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Lasts until cancelled."

20% absorption.. Twenty percent.. Each minute...
    20% absorption, Lasts until cancelled I CAME

Quote Originally Posted by Naydie
    Very nice prot bonuses. Too bad the same can't be said about the dps ones. The 4 set is nice for arms but noone should be arms in ICC.
    As has been mentioned before, the DPS 2-piece bonus is amazing. So much so that I'm hoping that this will be like the T-6 armor and there will be a chance for things like T-10 boots and bracers so I can go with 4-piece prot and have 2-piece dps.

And Xen, how come as soon as I read about the 4-piece bonus I knew you'd be all over it?

Quote Originally Posted by zalz
    Sure it's great on big hitting atacks, but one must not forget that big hitting atacks like 30k+ are usually avoidable unless it's like a 1-time atack on the tank in wich case i doubt it will have more then 1 boss on wich your proposed use is actually viable.

I mean if i have to think of a move like the one you describe that only hits the tank and can't be dodged at all then only mimmiron plasma bolt comes to mind.
    You are forgetting one thing. This is T10, not T8. The set bonus has clearly been designed with ICC hardmodes in mind, not Ulduar bosses.

Agreed. If you look at the tanks sets, it seems a number of them got an additional mitigating bonus. Dks in particular is pretty nice.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental
    You are forgetting one thing. This is T10, not T8. The set bonus has clearly been designed with ICC hardmodes in mind, not Ulduar bosses.
    I just took the 3 extra seconds on shieldwall as an example of a 4-piece bonus that nobody was hyped about but is actually probably better point for point.

Now im not saying this buff is bad, im just saying it's not the 2nd comming for christ that some people see in it. It's biggest use is for 5-mans or predictable tank bursts, of wich this game doesn't have that many.

Again this ability is just sick for 5-mans but i don't see it being very strong in raids, but it's still a nice bonus, just not a gift of god that some see in it.

I don't know, an triggerable 10k absorb every 1 min seems pretty good to me.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought it was godly too, until I looked at the other 4pc tank bonuses.

Basically we all get a new 1m cooldown ability now.

Paladins get 12% dodge DKs/Druids get 12% less damage recieved, Warriors get a 20% of HP absorb shield. All on 1m cooldown abilities.

Don't know which is best, but I'm sure some people can theorycraft it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    I thought it was godly too, until I looked at the other 4pc tank bonuses.

Basically we all get a new 1m cooldown ability now.

Paladins get 12% dodge DKs/Druids get 12% less damage recieved, Warriors get a 20% of HP absorb shield. All on 1m cooldown abilities.

Don't know which is best, but I'm sure some people can theorycraft it.
    im not a tank and im not a theorycrafter but... you cant dodge a spell
    afaik... :P

and ye, 4part t10 sux for fury, but its damn cool for arms. imo they will change it a little for fury.

The setbonuses are all great. When i was fury, i often had gcds spare when bt and ww are on cooldown and not every one of those free gcds was used by slam, so having one slam spare for the next round isnt bad at all.

Of course if you have the job to keep sunder and demoshout up you have less gcds free but hey~

Too bad getting the 4pc bonus means dropping the t9 2parts bonus.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zikenz
    im not a tank and im not a theorycrafter but... you cant dodge a spell
    afaik... :P

and ye, 4part t10 sux for fury, but its damn cool for arms. imo they will change it a little for fury.
    That may be true, but 20% absorb assuming the Warrior has 50k HP is 10k.

Assuming bosses in ICC will hit for a minimum of 35k hp a pop(they hit for that in ToC 25m atm), if that 12% dodge helps them dodge 1 of those attacks, it's already 3.5X better than the Warrior's shield.

The Shield will be used up after one hit, while the dodge/dmg reduction will be up for, what was it? 10-15s?

Not saying those are better because I'm not a theorycrafter, but they aren't bad either.

Although I do see the merit in saving that 10k shield for like when you know a big spike damage is coming.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

TO the above post you either don't think things through or have never tanked or healed basically instead of taking less damage for a duration when the tank is actually gonna die lets say he is a 15-20k health or less he can pop that and actually live as opposed to just popping damage reduction and still dieing btw Since warriors have almost 50k if not over 50k health now when in full T10 we can only assume they will have 60-70k.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

OOOOHHH,

I'll bet it works with Last Stand too...

Think of the pvp possibilities.

12% chance to dodge still isn't a guaranteed dodge, and a shield for 20% of your maximum health is always going to work, and popping it with last stand and hell, even the trinket from ToC (+like 5k health?) Would be awesome. Stam stacking anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Jexar
    12% chance to dodge still isn't a guaranteed dodge, and a shield for 20% of your maximum health is always going to work, and popping it with last stand and hell, even the trinket from ToC (+like 5k health?) Would be awesome. Stam stacking anybody?
    It's still a rather pathetic amount compared to the size of the hits you take no matter the situation.
    12% dodge is too RNG against slow hitters but it's awesome against fast hitters or aoe encounters.

You really can't compare the set bonuses without knowing the content they will be used in.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmmm, wonder ...
    2pc Deadnaught + 2pc T10 + Impale (Talent)

Anyone think of the Shieldslam numbers you would be getting? :