Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Yes because more damage (which means more threat) is just what we need.But it looks like the generic 2 piece bonus is 20% more damage for everyone.

    I am not unhappy with these tier bonus's but comparatively, I don't think it really stacks up. Of the other 3 tanking classes 2 of those get a flat damage decrease for abilities on a 1 minute cooldown, and the other gets a shield that is going to scale the better gear they get. 12% dodge versus 12% less damage, oh shoot this boss does magic damage- guess i'll respec ret or holy for this fight. But yeah, 1 minute cooldown dodge trinket is nice. Especially for trash.


    DK:
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your Death and Decay ability by 20%.
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 4P Bonus - When you activate Blood Tap, you gain 12% damage reduction from all attacks for 10 sec.

    Druid:
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 2P Bonus - Your Swipe (Bear) and Lacerate abilities deal 20% additional damage and the cost of your Rip ability is reduced by 10 energy.
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 4P Bonus - Your Enrage ability no longer decreases your armor and instead decreases all damage taken by 12%, and the periodic damage done by your Rake ability can now be a critical strike.

    War:
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 2P Bonus - Your Shield Slam and Shockwave abilities deal 20% increased damage.
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 4P Bonus - Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Lasts until cancelled.

  2. #22

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo
    DK:
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your Death and Decay ability by 20%.
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 4P Bonus - When you activate Blood Tap, you gain 12% damage reduction from all attacks for 10 sec.

    Druid:
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 2P Bonus - Your Swipe (Bear) and Lacerate abilities deal 20% additional damage and the cost of your Rip ability is reduced by 10 energy.
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 4P Bonus - Your Enrage ability no longer decreases your armor and instead decreases all damage taken by 12%, and the periodic damage done by your Rake ability can now be a critical strike.

    War:
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 2P Bonus - Your Shield Slam and Shockwave abilities deal 20% increased damage.
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 4P Bonus - Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Lasts until cancelled.
    Just wonder what the bosses might be like:
    DK/Druid are stable, warrior will only work against big predictable hits and paladin will only work against fast hitters (and why the hell is it on a gcd).
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  3. #23

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Just wonder what the bosses might be like:
    DK/Druid are stable, warrior will only work against big predictable hits and paladin will only work against fast hitters (and why the hell is it on a gcd).
    I'm sure there will be adds we can tank while the druid with 65k life tanks the boss. Not that I'm bitter or anything. >.>

  4. #24

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo
    I'm sure there will be adds we can tank while the druid with 65k life tanks the boss. Not that I'm bitter or anything. >.>
    At least it's not like it was in tbc:
    "Hey can I tank the boss this time?" - "No paladins are useless against bosses spec heal"
    The only real boss I got to tank was Illidan (perma blockcap ftw) , screw that!

    But seriously that bonus needs to be off the GCD else I'll only use it at the start of a fight or after a break.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  5. #25
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    I'd rather have an additional "o shit button" than a 30 sec reduced CD on my shield wall. If you wish you had set bonuses like dk/druid, then you should consider using hand of salv glyph. If you still think you need more flat damage reduction abilities/CDs then you're doing it wrong.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  6. #26

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo
    I'm sure there will be adds we can tank while the druid with 65k life tanks the boss. Not that I'm bitter or anything. >.>

    Actually, I believe that druid's got better AoE threat than us (Idk with the T10 2set bonus) on a large amount of adds, considering swipe hitting everything and goes off every C.D, although on 4(3 without glyph) a paladin will almost always be superior... Ye they'll probably have more HP, but I wanna tank the boss :[

  7. #27

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    You could build one hell of an avoidence set with all the ToC crap floating around and now this.
    http://raptr.com/puremallace/about

    What has been made by QQ can be unmade by QQ!!!

  8. #28

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by nightrise
    Will it work as in 12% every time you press Divine plea? 0_o
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTacoMan
    Question is will you get the dodge buff if you use Divine plea while its already up. Will that count as activating it or refreshing it because any good tankadin will almost never let divine plea drop.
    Do you guys not know your own class's abilities? Divine Plea has a 1min CD.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

  9. #29

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    The wording on that Protection 4-set Bonus has got to be clarified, right now it could mean at least three different things. I'm hoping instead of some silly short-duration buff (and why dodge? Paladins seem more +Block or even +Parry) it's a constant buff whenever Divine plea is active.

    Otherwise it's going to be applied rather haphazardly. I dunno about other Tankadins, but I usually use DP at the start of the fight (when I hardly need more mitigation and the fight is much more likely to be stable) and then never bother to reapply it since it refreshes on each hit. if it's a fight with a lot of running, I refresh it... but it's not something I've ever considered spamming.

    This is not what we meant by "We want more buttons to push".

    Also, I would be remiss if I didn't point out how god awful these bonuses are compared to the Warrior set. 20% free health? Really? And we get +12 dodge for 10 seconds? That's the best you could do?

    If they're this careless with our Tier set Bonuses, I dread what the visuals will look like...
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

  10. #30

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Ok I found Guarded by the Light, still, the set bonus only fires when DP is activated, so only once per minute!

    When you activate Divine Plea, you gain 12% dodge for 10 sec.
    Refreshing != activating.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

  11. #31
    High Overlord Kayvas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    189

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    question is... does this 12% dodge suffer teh diminishing return? if yes we have the most ridicolous bonus of all t10

  12. #32

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayvas
    question is... does this 12% dodge suffer teh diminishing return? if yes we have the most ridicolous bonus of all t10
    Almost certainly it will not be affected by DR. (else it would say something like + 500 dodge rating)


    Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Do you guys not know your own class's abilities? Divine Plea has a 1min CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Ok I found Guarded by the Light, still, the set bonus only fires when DP is activated, so only once per minute!
    So much fail lalala.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Refreshing != activating.
    And what makes you think that refreshing it (=clicking the skill when it is still active) doesn't activate the proc?



    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  13. #33
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    I really don't see the warrior bonus being that good either, it's only 20% of their total health, which is less than 1 hit from the majority of raid bosses.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral Deralte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    1,208

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Almost certainly it will not be affected by DR. (else it would say something like + 500 dodge rating)

    So much fail lalala.
    And what makes you think that refreshing it (=clicking the skill when it is still active) doesn't activate the proc?



    at this point we can only speculate (like we always do). it could be bad wording (usable every 1min without /cancelaura divine plea) or just that. (with /cancelaura)

  15. #35

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    And what makes you think that refreshing it (=clicking the skill when it is still active) doesn't activate the proc?
    *edit* ok you said "refreshing", but meant clicking the skill, which is not the same. However, I've already stated that it would only proc when you click the skill.
    On the set bonus proccing when DP is refreshed by GbtL:

    Simple. 12% permanent dodge is too OP. Once per minute is more in line with the other tank set boni.
    Also, there are many examples of certain things refreshing/prolonging (de)buffs, e.g. my glyphed Shred doesn't have a double chance to proc OoC because it also adds 2 sec to Rip duration.
    Thirdly, "activate" does sound like you have to do it actively, for example, if hitting an enemy would proc the DP buff even if it wasn't already running, this would still not proc the set bonus.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

  16. #36

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    wow.. paladins really DO storm the forums after any sort of 'nerf'

    OH NOEZ WE HAZ THE WORST 4P BOWNUS!!1!

    j/k..

    On the other hand, 12% Dodge is huge! I don't think any trinket can even give that much dodge, on a 1min CD no less.. even if it DOES have diminishing returns.
    Most classes spend their entire /played time wondering if they made a difference.
    Paladins don't have that problem.

  17. #37
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,487

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Ok I found Guarded by the Light, still, the set bonus only fires when DP is activated, so only once per minute!

    Refreshing != activating.
    can I just take a second to revel in this

    gotta love putting yourself up on the 'LuLz y you not knows your own clazz lulz' platform, then getting knocked the fuck down again.

    aannyywwaayy.

    the dodge is okay, it wont be affected by DR, because that only effects dodge RATING, whereas this is a flat% and tbh either way if it works when you cast when it's already on or not, that's what /cancel macro's are for

    still though I would capaign to get this changed from 12% dodge (is it just me or is giving avoidance to the only block capped tank a little silly.....) to 12% Damage reduction across the board like the Druid/DK bonus'

    tbh I think there's a pretty good chance these will be changed, remember the old t9 2p? everyone complained about it just being 2sec of HoReck, and they stuck the 5% hammer on, so maybe if we complain enough about the dodge it'll get changed......

    knowing blizz though they'll change it to Parry
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  18. #38

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd
    gotta love putting yourself up on the 'LuLz y you not knows your own clazz lulz' platform, then getting knocked the fuck down again.
    Sure, I don't know paladin, but I can read spell descriptions. After I noticed GbtL, I still said the same, it wouldn't have a 100% uptime. At least I managed to link to additional talents/glyphs when giving another example.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

  19. #39

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Sure, I don't know paladin, but I can read spell descriptions. After I noticed GbtL, I still said the same, it wouldn't have a 100% uptime. At least I managed to link to additional talents/glyphs when giving another example.
    This is what you did: you quoted 2 guys asking if GbtL would proc this and called them noobs "because DP has a 1 min cd". Then you noticed that GbtL was there and made up conclusions about how it might work. You can't see the fail in this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd
    still though I would capaign to get this changed from 12% dodge (is it just me or is giving avoidance to the only block capped tank a little silly.....) to 12% Damage reduction across the board like the Druid/DK bonus'

    tbh I think there's a pretty good chance these will be changed, remember the old t9 2p? everyone complained about it just being 2sec of HoReck, and they stuck the 5% hammer on, so maybe if we complain enough about the dodge it'll get changed......

    knowing blizz though they'll change it to Parry
    As I said before this really depends on the bosses we will see in Icecrown:
    In Anub'Arak style fights, this will be godly. (12% dodge is the greatest dmg reduce against fast and weak hits with some ?30%? less hits taken)
    In Steelbreaker style fights, warrior T10 4P will be good.
    Druid/Dk is a stable one but doesn't excel in any situation.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  20. #40

    Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    This is what you did: you quoted 2 guys asking if GbtL would proc this and called them noobs "because DP has a 1 min cd".
    Nope, I quoted this:
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrise
    Will it work as in 12% every time you press Divine plea? 0_o
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTacoMan
    Question is will you get the dodge buff if you use Divine plea while its already up. Will that count as activating it or refreshing it because any good tankadin will almost never let divine plea drop.
    which definitely sounded like "clicking the skill". I later noticed GbtL mentioned on the first page (after seeing it mentioned on Wowhead) and I take the blame for not knowing a foreign class inside out, but my stance on the proc was always the same, you are only able to get it once per minute, as with the other tanks' set boni.
    It looks great, but Will It Mog? | Are you fully Glyphed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •