Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Paladin Prot Tier 10

'Item - Paladin T10 Protection 2P Bonus - Your Hammer of the Righteous ability deals 20% increased damage.
    Item - Paladin T10 Protection 4P Bonus - When you activate Divine Plea, you gain 12% dodge for 10 sec.'

Looks good me thinks ^^ increased damage of HotR isnt brilliant, but 12 % dodge isnt bad not sure how it will work though :/

Will it work as in 12% every time you press Divine plea? 0_o

Discuss

Re: Paladin Prot Tier 10

Question is will you get the dodge buff if you use Divine plea while its already up. Will that count as activating it or refreshing it because any good tankadin will almost never let divine plea drop.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm more excited about the Divine Sacrifice changes, but idd the set bonuses of the new tier are the best so far. And imo you will gain 12% dodge when you hit the divine plea button.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Will work when you pop it, then it will fade after 10 seconds. Will be nice to have off cooldown as some extra avoidance.

my point exactly, divine plea usually has a 100% uptime. So will we now have to cancel it then re-apply, to trigger the bonus? or could there be a change to divine plea coming???

each time use press che divine plea spell you gain 12% dodge for 10 sec, personally i prefer the DK, druid and much more the warrior bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by nightrise
    my point exactly, divine plea usually has a 100% uptime. So will we now have to cancel it then re-apply, to trigger the bonus? or could there be a change to divine plea coming???
    99% the effect pro if u have already Divine plea active on you, if dosn't

/cancelaura divine plea
    /cast divineplea

Quote Originally Posted by SuperflyForever
    Will work when you pop it, then it will fade after 10 seconds. Will be nice to have off cooldown as some extra avoidance.
    this is what i hope, 12% dodge is awesome ^^ having almost 35% raid buffed dodge atm lol and with just gear upgrades people will be hitting 50% dodge with this lol

It refreshes every melee swing, its almost impossible for it to drop off unless your doing trash or the boss dose something so you can attack him for a special ability or something, but anyway if you get the dodge buff when you activate it, then Im guessing were gonna have to work it into our rotation just for the dodge buff since it has a Gbc, correct me if Im wrong.

When you activate Divine Plea, you gain 12% dodge for 10 sec. is definitely different of when divine plea is active you gain 12%

so a on demand avoidance boost, btw imho it suck compared to other tanks bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Kayvas
    btw imho it suck compared to other tanks bonuses
    indeed. I'd say warriors is better.

Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Lasts until cancelled.

20% free health? yes please.

still, a cooldown is a cooldown. I do however love the changes to divine sacrifice. Maybe we can use it more often now.

i love both set bonuses. the 2-piece will make paladin TPS unbeatable on small trash, and the 4-piece... well it still doesnt make divineplea as good as icebound fortitude or vampiric blood but hey it's a 1-minute cooldown, combine with divine protection for insane mitigation!

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

10+ Year Old Account

gotta say I love the 2p, 20% extra HoTR damage is pure sex....

the 4p is a little dodgy (actually is 12% dodgy :P), tbh I'd prefer it to be something along the lines of "Each time your DP duration is refreshed by Guarded by the Light you have a 2% chance to blahblah" or "Each time you gain Mana from Devine Plea you have a 2% chance blahblah" as Devine Plea is usually activeated BEFORE the pull, so the first few seconds of the extra dodge will be wasted plus as it's been said many times Devine Plea is NOT going to drop off during a boss fight, so having a set bonus that almost directly goes against a talent seems a little silly.

this of course is all assuming that casting Devine plea while it's already active on yourself doesn't rebuff the dodge, if it does then this is not the best of the 4 tanks bonus' but it's decent, as it'll basically make DP 12% dodge on a 1min CD :P of course this still sorta goes against the point of having it refresh, so you don't HAVE to recast every min, but hey, I'm just gunna keep praying it gets changed to something a tiny but more useful, like the two I suggested
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

First, you clearly could wait to activate Divine Plea till after you pull to make the dodge more useful.

A simple /cancel macro would suffice to cancel Divine Plea and recast it in the same push of a button. This is quite the bonus by giving a button we normally don't push except at the start of a fight a whole new use.

Blizz has gone a creative way in buffing those rarely used/useful abilities for the t10 set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account

also I just noticed ours is the only tank 4p that's only for melee :S Druids and DK's both got 12% reduction for all damage, and Warriors got 20% health as Damage absorbtion (is that a real word?) whereas pallies get 12% dodge :S

don't get me wrong, it's still a good bonus, but it does seem like we got the worst of the four Tank bonus'

and tbh Dekool, we don't really need a creative way to buff Devine Plea, it's just fine as it is, PermaPlea is IMO one of the best things they added in WLK, but as ALL of the damage reduction procs seem to be tied to Resource generating abilites (Blood Tap, Enrage, Devine Plea and Bloodrage) it seems like that's just a theme Blizz is going for with these sets. so ladies and gentlemen get your /cancel Macro's at the ready :P

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

2-Piece
    Assuming you hit Hammer of the Righteous every 6 seconds, you have roughly a ~3.33% DPS/TPS increase, and leans more towards ~6% TPS with Righteous Fury, may be wrong though.

4-Piece
    Assuming you hit Divine Plea every 60 seconds, you have roughly a ~5% passive increase to Dodge.

I favor the other tank 4-piece bonuses than the Protection Paladin, however :-\.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Either way, i hope the gear looks as sexy as those set bonuses are.

yeah same :P I'm hoping for something really....Crusader-ish, I REALLY liked the look of the last Season's PvP gear, something a bit like that, but more Holy

that 4pc is Basically [Hear of Iron] dodge x2 with a 1minute cooldown. so i see it as an extra "on use" trinket that you can use when in need. doesnt have to be used every single time it's up, especially since it'S on GCD.

Amazing set bonuses for prot pallies, about damn time!
    These are by far the best set bonuses we have had thus far.
    20% more damage on HotR is just pure win.
    12% dodge on a 1 min CD? That's just amazing and 2-3x better than any on-use avoidance trinket there is, not to mention it has a 1 min CD while trinkets usually have a 2 min CD.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Amazing set bonuses for prot pallies, about damn time!
    These are by far the best set bonuses we have had thus far.

20% more damage on HotR is just pure win.
    12% dodge on a 1 min CD? That's just amazing and 2-3x better than any on-use avoidance trinket there is, not to mention it has a 1 min CD while trinkets usually have a 2 min CD.
    I don't think they're that awesome because:
    - there are 3 tiers with + HotR damage @2p now.
    - 12% dodge is not that great considering that it's only avoidance you have to waste a gcd for it and 4pt9 seems more appealing to me.

Yes because more damage (which means more threat) is just what we need.But it looks like the generic 2 piece bonus is 20% more damage for everyone.

I am not unhappy with these tier bonus's but comparatively, I don't think it really stacks up. Of the other 3 tanking classes 2 of those get a flat damage decrease for abilities on a 1 minute cooldown, and the other gets a shield that is going to scale the better gear they get. 12% dodge versus 12% less damage, oh shoot this boss does magic damage- guess i'll respec ret or holy for this fight. But yeah, 1 minute cooldown dodge trinket is nice. Especially for trash.

DK:
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 2P Bonus - Increases the damage done by your Death and Decay ability by 20%.
    # Item - Death Knight T10 Tank 4P Bonus - When you activate Blood Tap, you gain 12% damage reduction from all attacks for 10 sec.

Druid:
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 2P Bonus - Your Swipe (Bear) and Lacerate abilities deal 20% additional damage and the cost of your Rip ability is reduced by 10 energy.
    # Item - Druid T10 Feral 4P Bonus - Your Enrage ability no longer decreases your armor and instead decreases all damage taken by 12%, and the periodic damage done by your Rake ability can now be a critical strike.

War:
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 2P Bonus - Your Shield Slam and Shockwave abilities deal 20% increased damage.
    # Item - Warrior T10 Protection 4P Bonus - Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health. Lasts until cancelled.