Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Boomkin T10 Set Bonus

2p -When you gain Clearcasting from your Omen of Clarity talent, you deal 10% additional Nature and Arcane damage for 6 sec.

-This sounds like a huge dps increase and it definitely worth dropping the t9 4p.

4p -Reduces the cooldown on your Eclipse talent by 6000.

-Not really sure what 6000 means, Both solar and lunar proccing at the same time maybe?

Any other thoughts on the new set bonuses?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Boomkin T10 Set Bonus

The 4 piece is a placeholder time. Although any amount of time is still stupid if they don't change the length of eclipse, since we already have back to back eclipse. This will just end up encouraging us to cancel lunar eclipse to re-proc Lunar.

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective basically we can start proccing the next eclipse when yuor current one is almost up so it will be a lot more rare to not be under eclipse
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

0 time out of eclipse = dps boost. The interesting part will be how that plays with dots. Will it ever be worth it to put IF up? MF you keep for the idol still, but... now that you are a lot less likely to be out of eclipse, you don't "need" the crit, and could instead go back to the SF or wrath idol.

I bet for the crit one is worth it but remember we will be getting a new idol.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

You can already have a theoretic 100% uptime of eclipse, so there is no gain in eclipse uptime. You can't proc an eclipse, while stil being in one, so you can only cancel one eclipse to proc the other earlier... that is if you get lucky with the procs.

While 2pc seems awesome, the 4 pc doesn't seem as good, if it does indeed only reduce the cooldown of your elicpse.
    Let's hope for more information soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

We already theoretically have zero time out of eclipse...

Cast wrath, proc starfire eclipse, shoot starfires for 15 seconds, immediately get a wrath eclipse proc because your starfire crit right after its eclipse was over.

Cast starfire, proc wrath eclipse, shoot wraths for 15 seconds, immediately get a starfire eclipse proc because your wrath crit (and procced by some miracle) right after its eclipse was over.

This 4pc is soooo useless even if it removed eclipse's cooldown. It's trying to fix a problem that was fixed when they put wrath and starfire eclipse on different cooldowns.

And don't try to say "Oh but you can chain proc starfire eclipse and stack haste again!" because you will get ten million accidental wrath eclipse procs when your last starfire goes off .01 seconds after eclipse.

This needs to be changed completely, regardless of what 6000 means. Either that or another double 2pc wins the day.

Edit: And yes, requiring us to make /cancelaura Eclipse macros to do good dps sounds GREAT.

At this point I'm not seeing a whole lot of upside here, especially as the 4pc is pretty cryptic. Sure it will lessen the downtime of eclipse, but if there is overlap, it'll also reduce the uptime as well, thus it's kind of a wash and as 6000 isn't clear, we really won't know until there is some kind of testing done.

So if that bonus is decrease CD of eclipse by 6s... It is not pretty against design logic of eclipse ?
    I mean they wanna from us rotating spells like wrath/sf/wrath/sf.(not casting still same spells), etc and now they will decrease cd. So we will get like 80% of sf and 20% wrath?

Imho they should stop using eclipse for Tier bonuses its pretty overloaded talent.
    Better to give us easy bonus on top of Nature grace. Like stacking dmg % up, or crit up or crit dmg up...

Deleted

I think people should stop freaking out about 4P bonus - its obviously a placeholder, and it will probably change- it might change to not effect eclipse at all.

But lets assume that it does reduce the cooldown of eclipse by x seconds. We know that its not possible to proc eclipse while eclipse is already up, so if the cooldown was reduced by 5 seconds, we would need addons similar to Wise Eclipse to cancel solar eclipse when we are able to proc Lunar Eclipse. It would seem strange if Blizzard made a bonus that require you to click off a buff, or have an addon do it, so i think its highly unlikely that this will happen.

So the only way that a reduction in Eclipse's cooldown would benefit us, would be if it simply removes the cooldown - that means that once we have less than two seconds on eclipse, we would start spamming wrath, in order to get lunar eclipse up again. This seems odd aswell, because that means we would go back to spamming starfire 90% of the time - it goes against our recent eclipse "fix", and its mindnumbingly boring - i think Blizzard wants to avoid that.

I think Blizzard is probably just messing around, trying to see what works and what doesn't. I currently cant see a way an eclipse cooldown could work out to be a benefit, really, but more will come on that later, surely.

I think its reasonable to assume that the final tier bonus would be to something central to our damage and spec: Eclipse. What other buffs could we think of for eclipse that actually is a direct damage increase? (ei, make your own set bonus)

- 100% chance on wrath crit to proc lunar eclipse: Would be nice, but at ICC level, our crit is very high anyways - already we usually dont go that long before we get lunar up. A small increase, removal of RNG, and this would in fact just be a small increase in DPS. Might be too small, compared to what other classes are looking at, although we would benefit from this change about twice a minute, which IS on par with other 4p set bonuses.

If the 4 Set bonus is a 6 Second decrease on the cooldown , we are loosing eclipse time as we can already use it back to back , thus Loosing DPS.

I Am also VERY Confused about the 2 set bonus requiring the Resto talent Omen of Clarity, I Welcome it ofc becasue im am specc'ed into omen of clarity but becasue of this set bonus requiring a talent that is not natural to our own tree , it is giving us a set build to follow with only 1 point avalabile to spent in our own leisure (I only have 1 point spare and used it in dreamstate)

2set = Good but Werid , is this the first time a Teir bonus has required to spec into a talent not in our native tree?

Deleted

But there is not one decent boomkin that HASN'T specced into Omen of Clarity. If Blizzard had to limit themselves to the talent tree in question, they would have some issues further out in the future, i think. I think its a good talent to pounce on.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But there is not one decent boomkin druid that HASN'T specced into Omen of Clarity. If Blizzard had to limit themselves to the talent tree in question, they would have some issues further out in the future, i think. I think its a good talent to pounce on.
    Except tank maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    But there is not one decent boomkin that HASN'T specced into Omen of Clarity. If Blizzard had to limit themselves to the talent tree in question, they would have some issues further out in the future, i think. I think its a good talent to pounce on.
    o if only that were true , i pugged with a moonkin who wasnt spec'ed into Insect swardm >.> he was insanly geared as well >.>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Except tank maybe.
    But this is the moonkin thread. Whats the point of "fixing" my post just so you can say that i am "wrong"?

i dont use omen, and cant see why i should. its retarded. my mana isn't an issue really.
    why would i use mana talent if i'm already at 70-80% mana at the end of the fight even WITH a lot of switching?! omen doesnt increase dps in any way. so i skip it. its _BAD_.

Deleted

Innervate much?

6000 is milieseconds like we seen in the past, so 6 seconds off the cooldowns which will let for a nice weaving between procs.

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    i dont use omen, and cant see why i should. its retarded. my mana isn't an issue really.
    why would i use mana talent if i'm already at 70-80% mana at the end of the fight even WITH a lot of switching?! omen doesnt increase dps in any way. so i skip it. its _BAD_.
    Now it does durrrr.

i believe we talked about that some time ago. sometimes i innervate myself, sometimes i chug a mana pot, sometimes i br somebody. i was never oom lately and i use 1\3 moonglow (stupid sh1t) and 3\3 owlkin frenzy (sometimes it boosts my dps, lol)