Thread: Ret T10 Bonuses

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ret T10 Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Aonix
    It is Jasje's for the most part. It's a temp while I work on my own custom one.

Also yeah I are bad at spelling. I meant DS

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

15+ Year Old Account

The 4pc is a nice move in the right direction to make Ret semi more skill based but we have no GCD's to spare as it is so obviously they have more fixing to do if they want us to pay attention to small procs that eat another GCD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

omg, reduced cooldown on our 3rd ability we use in our FCFS rotation when our abilities already clash YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneoen

I got a feeling that they typo the pc bonuses and make it the other way round

15+ Year Old Account

it might not happen all the time but occasionally im waiting for a cd to wear off. this might be a filler for those moments to push the dps.

or maybe they have other plans for ret paladins...

I must say teh 4pc doesnt feel right, I do hope it gets changed somehow
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Since I haven't seen it yet in this thread.

Numbers are placeholders. Like every other early release Tier set.

I wish they did our 4pc like they did warrior's 2pc.. make it something like

When your Righteous Vengeance ability deals damage you have a (2-4%) chance to gain (10-20%) attack power until cancelled.

Both Warriors and Enh Shamans have a set bonus like this. I think we should too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    CS (With it's 4 second CD) and Judgement still take priority- Besides, our CDs are so pushed together already that might make it worse.

Another idea for 4pc: Gives your Consecration, Holy Vengeance, and Blood Corruption a chance to be critical strikes.
    Oh how I've wished for something like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Teneal
    Since I haven't seen it yet in this thread.

Numbers are placeholders. Like every other early release Tier set.
    Doesn't make the concept of the 4pc any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Doesn't make the concept of the 4pc any better.
    with something around 50% proc chance it would be predictable and push DS up on the priority list, but with anything less than 10% it's probably too unpredictable to give more than say 1 Divine Storm per fight.

The biggest issue is it the unpredictable refresh. It could be at a bad time and you might not get to it until it would refresh itself, or it could refresh with 0.1 on the cd and be useless.
    Its not much of a bonus.
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

A quick fix i came up with, so obviously not perfect:

Your melee attacks have a 4% chance to grant you Holy Fury. While under the effect of Holy Fury, you may use any ability with a Cooldown of up to 10 seconds without triggering it's Cooldown, or if it's already on Cooldown, without affecting it's remaining Cooldown period. Using an ability consumes Holy Fury. Lasts 30(or 15, dunno) seconds.

And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    Your melee attacks have a 4% chance to grant you Holy Fury. While under the effect of Holy Fury, you may use any ability with a Cooldown of up to 10 seconds without triggering it's Cooldown, or if it's already on Cooldown, without affecting it's remaining Cooldown period. Using an ability consumes Holy Fury. Lasts 30(or 15, dunno) seconds.
    Sounds great, but I really doubt they'd do something like that.

Edit: D'oh. This is the Ret T10 thread.... :
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

I think its a gift and a curse. Say it procs alot more than we think....thats alot of mana used. Better bring mana pots.

However if the rate is ok then I can see this almost being godly. However the other melee like warriors and Dk's have way better bonus'. They add more dmg.

Im hoping someone can test this on the ptr and tell us how effective it is.

However the only thing I am more concerned about is PvP as I know Ret will be fine in PvE. More judgement dmg for Command pls!!!. Def using the 2 piece and command and the glyph for judgement for pvp. Instead of a 2.6 crit on judgement 10% more maybe 3k? I just got off work so I dont feel like mathing it up.

how about they make your 4pc so crusader strike or divine storm always procs righteous vengeance regardless of critting?
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

HI GUSY HERD OF PLACEHOLDRS?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Pros freaking amazing 2p, cons lackluster 4p will amost certainly be changed.
    why would it get changed? look at the rogue t9 4 pc. its 100% worthless. amounts to something like 5 energy per minute or something.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

4% is something like once a minute too... maybe less.

I stick with the crusader strike or divine storm proccing righteous vengeance...
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.