Blood DPS vs DW Frost Dps?

Because of so many nerfs to blood dps is it better than DW Frost deeps?

Re: Blood DPS vs DW Frost Dps?

How much dps loss did you get out of the pretended nerfs to blood on a single-target Bossfight?

I couldnt see one if there was any.

Still havent seen a DW-DK that out-dpsed me on a single target raid boss.

Just because your 2nd target doesnt get as much dmg form your HS, doesnt mean that you need to respec. Stop the QQ and concentrate on your rotations, gear, gems and get GoD.

I DW frost and i've out dps'd blood dks that are more geared then i am. Or i been on par with some of the better ones. I love DW frost dps. It's great single target dps or if you have many adds its awesome to aoe when u have a KM proc and use HB with it.

I haven't fully tested Blood DPSing yet, but from the numbers on paper, it's not looking too good. I vote a Frost DW DPS setup, two best specs are 10/53/8 or 0/53/18. The latter is fun when it procs into Blood Caked Blade stacked with Killing Machine AND Rime. Damage all around.

Geared in T9 and some T8.5 stuff, I can definitely say the DPS is very high. Just make sure to stack lots of Hit to compensate for the Dual-Wield setup, aim for around 11%.

got shit dps gear and pull off 6k on hodir. its gd, IF u have decent weps

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypants
    got shit dps gear and pull off 6k on hodir. its gd, IF u have decent weps

6k on Hodir isn't something to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by kekoa
    I DW frost and i've out dps'd blood dks that are more geared then i am. Or i been on par with some of the better ones.
    I'm 2H Unholy and I regularly beat the Frost DW DK in my guild. It's very close now that he has 4pc T9 and I don't. Also, I was dual speccing Unholy and Blood. Each would have their own fights where one was superior.
    What I'm trying to illustrate is that all the specs are very comparable if you know how to play your spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

I'd say the single target DPS of all the three specs is quite competible, it all comes to what spec suits your playstyle the most.
    I prefer swinging a big badass two-hander, so i have blood and unholy dps specs. They both show nice DPS. Unholy for the fights where a lot of AoE is needed, blood for single-target and burst dependant ones.
    The nerfs to blood btw were not that harsh. I still find blood vastly superior to other specs on the fights where you have a second target to hit, but not too much aoe to fall behind Unholy or Frost (e.g. Gormok, Jaraxus or Anub'arak), on the fights with lots of AoE Unholy with 4pT9 is ridiculous atm, you spread the diseases on onyxia whelps and just watch your DPS skyrocket without pushing a single button after that)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmoku
    I haven't fully tested Blood DPSing yet, but from the numbers on paper, it's not looking too good. I vote a Frost DW DPS setup, two best specs are 10/53/8 or 0/53/18. The latter is fun when it procs into Blood Caked Blade stacked with Killing Machine AND Rime. Damage all around.

Geared in T9 and some T8.5 stuff, I can definitely say the DPS is very high. Just make sure to stack lots of Hit to compensate for the Dual-Wield setup, aim for around 11%.
    10/53/8 is an inferior spec, there are no competitive frost builds that use more than three points in blood.

Frost DW can be an amazing spec, or it can do just enough to get by. A part of your DPS is by RNG, KM should be used for Rime, but i have had fights were i had 0 rime procs. -.o those my dps wasnt that great, some fights Rime procs like a crazy crack smoking bitch. Thats when your DPS will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargom
    10/53/8 is an inferior spec, there are no competitive frost builds that use more than three points in blood.
    This is my second Death Knight, starting new on another server. My first one is a Blood DK.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Pathogenix

My Frost dw spec:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...4,MapeO3,10554

Glyph of Disease doesn't help near as much as Glyph of Frost Strike would, as that glyph turns your 2 attack RP dump into a 3 attack RP dump. Aside from the fact that after 2 rotations you should be reapplying an IT to get the haste increase anyway. This being the rotation I use:

I'm sorry, but I go 15 into blood and no more than 3 into unholy. Since I do believe our spell damaged is completely based off our attack power, not to mention the increased critical from the blood tree as well. Go here if you don't believe me:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/...fficients.html

IT>PS>BS>BS>Oblit>Dump (throw in HB for Rime procs)
    Oblit>Oblit>IT>PS>Dump (throw in HB for Rime procs)
    BS>BS>Oblit>Oblit>Dump (throw in HB for Rime procs)
    Repeat rotation 1, then 2, etc...

It's not the prettiest rotation, but I can generally get that rotation off before the diseases run their course, in time to reapply before they both wear off.

And for those people still wondering about the hit ratings, as a Frost dw dps, you're not too concerned with the melee hit cap as you are the spell hit cap. Yes, the melee hit cap will provide more KM procs, but right now, I'm finding it procs more than enough with my current gear, which isn't completely fantastic.

For the optimal hit ratings as a dw Frost on your own, you're looking to get 26% melee and 17% spell. But, you can bring that down to 23% with Nerves of Cold Steel, 20% with a Moonkin/Spriest in group, 19% with a Draenei all in your group. As for spell, you're looking at 17%, bringing it down to 14% with Virulence, 11% with a Moonkin/Spriest, and 10% with a Draenei all in your group. And finally you're looking at getting a score of 26 for your expertise so that your melee hits will land, which will pretty much guarantee those KM procs.

And to answer the OP's topic...I have seen my dps as a dw Frost jump an incredible amount compared to playing this character as a 2h Blood DK.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcassiel
    For the optimal hit ratings as a dw Frost on your own, you're looking to get 26% melee and 17% spell. But, you can bring that down to 23% with Nerves of Cold Steel, 20% with a Moonkin/Spriest in group, 19% with a Draenei all in your group. As for spell, you're looking at 17%, bringing it down to 14% with Virulence, 11% with a Moonkin/Spriest, and 10% with a Draenei all in your group. And finally you're looking at getting a score of 26 for your expertise so that your melee hits will land, which will pretty much guarantee those KM procs.

And to answer the OP's topic...I have seen my dps as a dw Frost jump an incredible amount compared to playing this character as a 2h Blood DK.
    First of all Moonkin\Spriest don't affect your melee hit. Than getting over the hitcap for special attacks (8%) was proven to be inferior to stacking up other useful stats (e.g. Str), so you should aim for 8% melee and 11% spell hit and than just forget about it.

i have played, blood, DW frost, DW unholy and 2h unholy and the dps single target is relatively simular. One may be better for more mobile fights but overall they are with a few hundred dps of each other.

If all spec's are the tested best spec's (ie spec's tested on EJ) then there is hardly any difference created by the spec and more difference created by your ability to play each spec. Blood dps is very easy to manage and played by an average player with non perfect rotations would generally do more dps. But all spec's played properly with good rotations do simuluar single target dps.

I play unholy now that i have T9 bonus because your disease dmg can be huge. 2k+ disease crits are pimp. It comes down to personal preference and your skill.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy
    First of all Moonkin\Spriest don't affect your melee hit. Than getting over the hitcap for special attacks (8%) was proven to be inferior to stacking up other useful stats (e.g. Str), so you should aim for 8% melee and 11% spell hit and than just forget about it.
    "Proven inferior" doesn't mean that it IS inferior. When you wipe your raid on Vezax due to a mind freeze missing, what do you tell your raid leader? What about when you have IT miss 2-3 times in a row and throws off your whole rotation? This can easily lead to a several hundred dps loss. Simulators almost never give indisputable proof on anything.

this subject has been done to death. Go search the forums. PLay wot u enjoy.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    "Proven inferior" doesn't mean that it IS inferior. When you wipe your raid on Vezax due to a mind freeze missing, what do you tell your raid leader? What about when you have IT miss 2-3 times in a row and throws off your whole rotation? This can easily lead to a several hundred dps loss. Simulators almost never give indisputable proof on anything.
    I guess you need to take some reading lessons. Or have some troubles comprehending what i wrote.

I will repeat, so that my thought is more clear.

You should aim for 8% melee hit AND 11%spell hit, with 11% spell hit, with virulence AND a spriest\moonkin in your raid you will never miss a mindfreeze or a IT. Since 11% spell hit with virulence and moonkin is the hit cap.

If you don't have a moonkin or a spriest in your raid - that's some poor raid compilation imo. (speaking of 25 mans ofc)