Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    Priest
    * 2 piece bonus - Your Flash Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount over 9 sec.
    * 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2014...-feedback.html
    My reply post on the official forums:

    Priest | Healing

    2pc-- This is an excellent bonus. Very nice for Disc, and useful for Holy.

    4pc-- As others have mentioned, please do not give healers a RNG proc. If the point of the bonus is to reduce the CD of CoH and Penance, just give it a flat reduction. I like to know when my spells will be available. While this change is better than the previous, the main beef was with the %chance.

    I support the 1sec reduction on CoH and the 2sec reduction on Penance for the 4piece. If the developers are stuck on the proc, make it a 50% chance that a crit on CoH or Penance will reset the CD, and set this proc to have a 6sec internal CD as to not have more than 2 CoHs or Penances in a row.

  2. #42

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    To me it's just weaker version of Forethought Talisman's HoT. I'd much rather have ability of SoL FHeals to crit for holy there, if they're so bent on making bonus involving FHeal.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

  3. #43
    Moderator llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,583

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    our set bonuses are still garbage. blizzard is so fucking dumb.

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk Eis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,880

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    To me it's just weaker version of Forethought Talisman's HoT. I'd much rather have ability of SoL FHeals to crit for holy there, if they're so bent on making bonus involving FHeal.
    That's actually a good idea. Perhaps in addition, to make it more attractive for holy, add "allows your Surge of Light Flash Heals to now crit"? It would definitely start to make up for the very lackluster bonuses holy has been getting.

  5. #45

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]

    2pc-- This is an excellent bonus. Very nice for Disc, and useful for Holy.

    4pc-- As others have mentioned, please do not give healers a RNG proc. If the point of the bonus is to reduce the CD of CoH and Penance, just give it a flat reduction. I like to know when my spells will be available. While this change is better than the previous, the main beef was with the %chance.

    I support the 1sec reduction on CoH and the 2sec reduction on Penance for the 4piece. If the developers are stuck on the proc, make it a 50% chance that a crit on CoH or Penance will reset the CD, and set this proc to have a 6sec internal CD as to not have more than 2 CoHs or Penances in a row.
    2pc: Can't really agree with you for holy, because FH crits are too rare for them (especially if you have SoL)

    4pc: I wonder if the main problem is really the chance to proc. I think the main problem is that it forces you to use a FH to refresh the cd, and I'd rather have it proc on renew.
    For me it's usually
    -FH on tank if there is no/little group damage incoming -- I don't need more CoH here (Jaraxxus style fight)
    -Medium group heal + tank heal -> I mainly use renew as my filler instead of FH. (Anub style fight)
    -Heavy group heal -> PoH/CoH/PoM)(renew) again it would be better to proc on renew. (Twins style fight)

    Can only see it useful against bosses like faction champs, where healing is just too random.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  6. #46

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    I wonder if the new 2pc stacks like ignite...

  7. #47
    Super Moderator Venara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,032

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I wonder if the new 2pc stacks like ignite...
    Other example: The HoT from a paladins FoL.

    One thing that i don't understand:

    Most of you are saying that you only use FH with an SoL proc. I on the other hand use FH somewhat as my main healing spell in between CoH and PoM cooldowns. Renew just sucks in encounters with no constant AE dmg, it'll just overheal all the time. Instead I am casting PoH on groups that took heavy dmg and FH on targets where a PoH is not needed.

    While i do agree that Renew is the preferred choice in encounters like Twins and Anub, there are other encounters where FH is imho clearly the better choice.

    So, do you guys really only use FH when SoL is up and Renew if not? Cause I don't see the benefit in casting Renew for AE dmg that lands every 30 secs or so. All those other healers in your raid will top everyone of before your Renew ticked the second time and you will have wasted mana on a lot of overheal.
    Armory - WoW-Heroes - Kirakira kagayaku mirai no hikari!

  8. #48

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    nice now both set bonuses benefits disc ass hell.

    but as holy im taking all other pieces than t10.

  9. #49

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    I wonder how the 4pc would work since CoH heals 5-6 people once and Penance heals 1 person 3 times. Would each heal have a chance to proc the set bonus or would it be from the proc come the initial cast?

  10. #50

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Even if it's only one chance to proc per cast on the 4p, this is a huge improvement. Neither is super random, or situational anymore. Right now it seems like since the bonus was changed, people think they can whine more to get something overpowered. Yes, it's RNG based, but it's not longer done in such a way that it's only a 15% chance to shave as little as 1 second. Whenever it procs you'll be able to chain CoH very quickly. The 2 piece isn't great for Holy though since SoL can't crit. Still, expecting every bonus to be great for both Disc and Holy isn't going to work out.

    2 piece is great for Disc and 'meh' for Holy. 4 piece is great for both. That's better than what we've received recently as set bonuses.

  11. #51

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Other example: The HoT from a paladins FoL.

    One thing that i don't understand:

    Most of you are saying that you only use FH with an SoL proc. I on the other hand use FH somewhat as my main healing spell in between CoH and PoM cooldowns. Renew just sucks in encounters with no constant AE dmg, it'll just overheal all the time. Instead I am casting PoH on groups that took heavy dmg and FH on targets where a PoH is not needed.

    While i do agree that Renew is the preferred choice in encounters like Twins and Anub, there are other encounters where FH is imho clearly the better choice.

    So, do you guys really only use FH when SoL is up and Renew if not? Cause I don't see the benefit in casting Renew for AE dmg that lands every 30 secs or so. All those other healers in your raid will top everyone of before your Renew ticked the second time and you will have wasted mana on a lot of overheal.
    QFT. Also, it's your FH's that make Serendipity such an amazing talent investment.
    Bigslick (6/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  12. #52
    Moderator llDemonll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    6,583

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I wonder if the new 2pc stacks like ignite...
    exactly what i got on to post this morning. if they do, this change will be nice, however it would be nicer if it turn into a "lifebloom" type of heal where it heal for smaller amounts each second instead of every 3 seconds.

    if it stacks, it's nice. if it doesnt, its a pretty crap bonus.

    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

  13. #53

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by Jappie
    nice now both set bonuses benefits disc ass hell.
    Bad night at the disco?


    Obv I haven't had a moan since they updated the set bonuses so here goes.
    Does this just not translate back to only a 5% increase on what we had before?
    Except it is just triggered by a different spell. We still have to use a Flash Heal and tbh I don't like to put Flash Heals there. Just like I don't eat from my toilet seat. IMO something like "Casting Prayer of Healing resets the cooldown of Circle of Healing." would be perfect. It would increase our burst HpS at the cost of mana but that is about it, and that is what being a holy priest is about at the moment isn't it? We sit around doing a bit of healing, keeping people that look like they might die from dying and then we power away alot of damage with spike HpS.

    Also 2 part is an improvement on what it was before but still don't like it. Can't be bothered to think about how I benefit from it, just reading it straight off makes me think the guy that makes the tea in the dev office in the Blizzard French HQ has been offering his bosses advice again.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,592

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    The 2-pc bonus is quite similar to the 8-pc T2 set bonus, only using a smaller spell.

    Now, granted, that set bonus back then and this set bonus now will make for different results. Back in vanilla the GH version of this was fantastic. This will not be quite on par, nor would I expect it to be, but when you factor a possible FH crit of around 8-9k, that's a 2k-2.25k Hot buff over 9 seconds. If ticked every 3, that's 667-750 health per tick. Not great, but not terrible.

    As discipline, I am LOVING the 4-piece bonus. Chances to get nearly consecutive Penance casts will seriously bolster healing ability for fights where tanks may take huge spikes in damage. Depending on the ICD (or if there even is one), this will put disc healing back around the 3.1 mark, when Penance had it's cooldown lowered to 6.4 seconds when glyphed and talented.

    Overall, definite improvements on both ends than the original leaks.

  15. #55

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    I think priests are the most nerfed class since BC...
    Do you guys remember the shit storm with PoM nerf? I got abou week ban to forums for posting FU blizzard. (PoM didn´t have cooldown - it was OP but it was only thing that was really really OP on priests since Vanilla imo)

  16. #56

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
    I think priests are the most nerfed class since BC...
    Do you guys remember the shit storm with PoM nerf? I got abou week ban to forums for posting FU blizzard. (PoM didn´t have cooldown - it was OP but it was only thing that was really really OP on priests since Vanilla imo)
    statistically speaking priest are the most nerfed class in the game althought warriors had about 2 or 3 more nerfs pre-bc

  17. #57

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
    I think priests are the most nerfed class since BC...
    Do you guys remember the shit storm with PoM nerf? I got abou week ban to forums for posting FU blizzard. (PoM didn´t have cooldown - it was OP but it was only thing that was really really OP on priests since Vanilla imo)
    Do you mean CoH?...

    I think you mean CoH...
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

  18. #58

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
    it was only thing that was really really OP on priests since Vanilla imo)
    Original Divine Hymn. Insanely OP.
    Bigslick (6/14H)
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  19. #59

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Do you mean CoH?...

    I think you mean CoH...
    PoM didn't have a cooldown during the begining of BC

  20. #60

    Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

    Quote Originally Posted by artrax
    PoM didn't have a cooldown during the begining of BC
    Meh, didn't play then.

    CoH not having a cooldown was pretty OP as well? And surely even back then you couldn't have 2 or more PoMs floating around a raid so it can't have been that great. Sure it would be awesome but not very OP or gamebreaking. People still need to get hit for it to work QQ
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •