Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: T10 Holy Set Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    To me it's just weaker version of Forethought Talisman's HoT. I'd much rather have ability of SoL FHeals to crit for holy there, if they're so bent on making bonus involving FHeal.
    They have to create bonuses that work for both Disco&Holy. For a 2pc, the HoT based off a FH crit is not bad. You have to meet somewhere in the middle. I'd rather give an inch on the 2pc and make sure the 4pc isn't based on crappy RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    They have to create bonuses that work for both Disco&Holy. For a 2pc, the HoT based off a FH crit is not bad. You have to meet somewhere in the middle. I'd rather give an inch on the 2pc and make sure the 4pc isn't based on crappy RNG.
    I doubt they won't give up on the proc. I also find it funny priests(mostly holy) are complaining about a RNG proc when SoL is a huge talent for them.

If the 4pc is based on the number of heals CoH/Penance does, then RNG would be kicked to the side since Disc Priests already liked the set and the chance for a CoH NOT to proc it would be .032% to .006%. Of course that would mean it might be too OP if it didn't have some type of ICD.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    I doubt they won't give up on the proc. I also find it funny priests(mostly holy) are complaining about a RNG proc when SoL is a huge talent for them.

If the 4pc is based on the number of heals CoH/Penance does, then RNG would be kicked to the side since Disc Priests already liked the set and the chance for a CoH NOT to proc it would be .032% to .006%. Of course that would mean it might be too OP if it didn't have some type of ICD.
    SoL isn't something that changes the way I heal. I don't cast things specifically to proc SoL... SoL just happens. In that way its a nifty bonus for 2 talent points. Sometimes I just have to completely ignore a SoL proc because wasting a GCD on it would result in less healing done.

The final tier 4pc should be something I'm looking forward to. Healing isn't a simple mathematical equation where a proc equals better throughput. Its reactive, and when something doesn't happen when I want it to, it becomes frustrating.

So, I don't want a tier where I cast CoH or Penance and then smash FH cause I really need it to proc again... only to find out that I let people die trying to get it to proc again because FH wasn't the best spell to use in that particular situation. I just can plan for it... and if I can't plan for it, its worthless. This is the same gripe about the Val'anyr proc. Super awesome when you need it, complete waste when you don't, and extremely frustrating when the proc is on ICD and you could have used it Right Now(tm).

The holy time you will NEED the CoH proc is on aoe fights or phases or whatever, and what are you casting in between CoHs? yes! PoM and PoH. Aoe heavy fight will rarely have ANY Flash Heal cast. Would have been better if PoH cast would reset the CD aswell then FH

Gearscore: A new way to see who fail at their class. 'Cause itemization is too hard... You need d/n-umbers.

]
    SoL isn't something that changes the way I heal. I don't cast things specifically to proc SoL... SoL just happens. In that way its a nifty bonus for 2 talent points. Sometimes I just have to completely ignore a SoL proc because wasting a GCD on it would result in less healing done.

The final tier 4pc should be something I'm looking forward to. Healing isn't a simple mathematical equation where a proc equals better throughput. Its reactive, and when something doesn't happen when I want it to, it becomes frustrating.

So, I don't want a tier where I cast CoH or Penance and then smash FH cause I really need it to proc again... only to find out that I let people die trying to get it to proc again because FH wasn't the best spell to use in that particular situation. I just can plan for it... and if I can't plan for it, its worthless. This is the same gripe about the Val'anyr proc. Super awesome when you need it, complete waste when you don't, and extremely frustrating when the proc is on ICD and you could have used it Right Now(tm).
    Exactly, you just summed up why RNG is shit for any healing class better then I ever could. Except maybe Druids. But who cares about them right? Oh wait Blizzzard do...

I still think my idea of "When you cast PoH it resets the cooldown of CoH" is better then anything I have seen Blizzard come up with.
    Maybe I need to get a job there and leave memos on the dev's desks with my own ideas ;D
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

15+ Year Old Account

and what would the resulting set bonus be for disc?

PoH Crit has 50% chance to reset the CD on CoH maybe, but again its rng (although high chance) but disc has nothing similar.

I dislike 'on crit' or 'has a chance to'. just give us a flat fucking bonus.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

]

You only have to cast Flash Heal once after the proc goes off. You do have a 6 second window so if it's not the next thing you do it could be the 2nd or 3rd. In my experience I cast FH very often no matter what spec. It's at least the 2nd spell I cast after a CoH (PoH usually 1st after on large AE fights) depending on what the other healers are doing and the type of raid damage going out. Most raid damage is spread out though which means spot healing with Flash Heals and CoH are more often than not the right thing to be doing and you have a little time if it isn't.

One fight where I might not cast FH in the next 6 seconds of a CoH is Koralon, because the damage is severe enough that I can PoH 2-3 times in a row even with other healers going crazy.

I definitely have to disagree with if I can't plan for it it's worthless. The fact that it isn't there when you need it sometimes also means that it is there when you need it sometimes. Just because something isn't there ALL the time doesn't mean it's the same as not having it ever.

My bottom line is, I don't see many situations where I don't Flash Heal very soon after a CoH and with the way damage is usually spread out (either by mechanic or other healers healing) bringing back CoH while spot healing, especially with SoL (I get it pretty much every CoH as it is), sounds awesome to me.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    You only have to cast Flash Heal once after the proc goes off. You do have a 6 second window so if it's not the next thing you do it could be the 2nd or 3rd. In my experience I cast FH very often no matter what spec. It's at least the 2nd spell I cast after a CoH (PoH usually 1st after on large AE fights) depending on what the other healers are doing and the type of raid damage going out. Most raid damage is spread out though which means spot healing with Flash Heals and CoH are more often than not the right thing to be doing and you have a little time if it isn't.

One fight where I might not cast FH in the next 6 seconds of a CoH is Koralon, because the damage is severe enough that I can PoH 2-3 times in a row even with other healers going crazy.

I definitely have to disagree with if I can't plan for it it's worthless. The fact that it isn't there when you need it sometimes also means that it is there when you need it sometimes. Just because something isn't there ALL the time doesn't mean it's the same as not having it ever.

My bottom line is, I don't see many situations where I don't Flash Heal very soon after a CoH and with the way damage is usually spread out (either by mechanic or other healers healing) bringing back CoH while spot healing, especially with SoL (I get it pretty much every CoH as it is), sounds awesome to me.
    Its the hesitation factor. I wouldn't know if the proc happens until after it happens. I just will not hesitate casting w/e my next spell was to recognize the proc has occurred. If I cast CoH, and my next 2 spells would have been PoH followed by ProM... thats still what I'm going to do... because its what works the best. I'm not going to cancel cast my PoH cause I got the CoH proc, to then cast FH (SoL or not, makes no difference on time), to then cast CoH again. and If I'm casting PoH after CoH, I might as well cast ProM after that because the amount of time saved on CoH will just not be enough to warrant the GCD, as ProM is more important than a 1sec faster CoH.

As a healer, your already processing a crap load of information... and making decisions 3GCDs in advance, all while interrupting that sequence if the tank takes a big hit, someone getting stunned in fire, etc. What is not needed is another "what if" thrown in the mix... especially one that must be used immediately in order for it to have any meaningful effect.

Is it an improvement over the 1st iteration? Yes. Would I still rather have a flat reduction, or the CoH or Penance itself causing the reset? Absolutely. Just give me something that is a straight benefit, not something that requires you to do something else that may or may not be the best option in order for my "WotlK ultimate 4pc" to work efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    and what would the resulting set bonus be for disc?

PoH Crit has 50% chance to reset the CD on CoH maybe, but again its rng (although high chance) but disc has nothing similar.

I dislike 'on crit' or 'has a chance to'. just give us a flat fucking bonus.
    Why the 50% chance and "on crit? Just have "When you cast Prayer of Healing, it resets the cooldown on CoH." Then it is purely a boost in Burst raid healing. You can't keep it up for long periods of time due extensive mana problems and you wouldn't use it for single target healing for obvious reasons. It would hardly be overpowered cose you still only use PoH when there is heavy raid damage, not when there is random raid damage or single target raid damage. We would still be limited by global cooldowns and in alot of the longer fights this bonus may even lead us to going oom and still not pulling the same HpS as a shaman or druid. But as like now that is ok because our use is situational.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Ha, I was just thinking about these bonuses. I made a post on my blog (link in my signature) about them, however I will summarize the post.

2 Set Bonus: Really good. It's an extra hot for something you cast anyway.

4 Set Bonus: Good for Discipline, not even worth it for Holy.

We'd get better use from 'Your bandages no longer break on damage' 2 set bonus.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Andracon
    Ha, I was just thinking about these bonuses. I made a post on my blog (link in my signature) about them, however I will summarize the post.

2 Set Bonus: Really good. It's an extra hot for something you cast anyway.

4 Set Bonus: Good for Discipline, not even worth it for Holy.
    no, the 2 set bonus is not good. woohoo another useless overhealing renew type spells that is only up some of the time and will override itself each time Fheal crits.

priest set bonuses suck ass.
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Haha, point well taken. However its a bonus, we don't "Need' it but it nice to have.

for the 4pc if they moved it from flash heal to "20% chance when PoM is triggered" I think disc and holy would be happier.

as for the new 2 piece set bonus, I think personally I prefered the orginal since it uped tank survivability when u needed it.
    as it is tho 1500-2000 over 9 seconds is a bonus, but its nothing thats going to make me use flash heal more.

Priest; Holy/Discipline

2part bonus:
    Holy; poor. I just veiwed my log from ToC heroic 25m. I agree flash heal is used often. I veiwed hits VS crits. I noticed that most of my Flash heals are casted with SoL. on some encounters i have 1-5 more flash heals then SoL. on others i have less. Considering flash heal can't crit when SoL procs, it makes this set bonus poor to useless for holy.
    Disciplinel; poor to average. In some way this is a increase HpS for MT healing. But - this is a very small HoT, that will probably be refreshed before the duration fully ticed. The tics will be rather small in any way. This set bonus related more to discipline, which can have a flash heal criting every time he casts one (not like the SoL that can't crit). I still think this set bonus is rather poor.
    Suggestion: rework this set bonus, it looks good just because the previous one was that bad.
    Idea's: Your flash heal refreshs the duration of your renew on the target. Your Prom also heals 30% of the amount healed over 6 secs.
    4 part bonus;
    Holy; I get what's the general idea that was aimed for here. I just don't like going CoH - Flash - CoH. I like to threw afew renews, i like to prom around, i wouldn't even mind throwing a hastened Gheal on tanks to help cause MT healer died and is waiting for a ress. I like to throw my GS and a SoL on the GS'ed target. I don't like massive use of CoH i find the spell not so interesting. This set bonus was fixed in a way that would be easier to use, but still rng based. Yet i still think its a weak set bonus for the last and final teir of wotlk. especially considering how boring the other set bonuses was to holy.
    Discipline: In a way this is abit better. Still RNG based. This will increase directly the output of the dicipline priest on MT healing. This set bonus is abit better for discipline then for holy;
    Suggestion: Rework the bonus in a way that will get priest excited about geting and using this bonus.
    Ideas: your Xx spell has a Xx chance to reset the CD of your GS/PS. (i've seen this suggestion on the european forums and loved it). The same idea's i had from the previous reply i put on the last set bonus. Another idea that i would like: increasing your healing done by 10% - yes this is abit boring, but this is what makes me a priest.

15+ Year Old Account

no, fuck. stop with the stupid RNG bonuses.

we

dont

want

rng

in

our

set

bonuses.

why do you people think rng is good for a set bonus? you cant rely on it, you have to chance everything up when it does proc...

rng is not good for set bonuses.

see also: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=25#481

• Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
      6 CD on a CoH and a chance on FH to clear the CD may be good if you're lucky ad cast a SoL'ed FH right after a CoH and you get it free, either you'll just happen to free its CD 4-3 seconds before its end when you're busy building up Serendipity or casting PoH.
      Seems like I got satisfied:

Tier 10 Set Bonuses Update
      The Priest and Paladins Healing set bonuses have been updated once again.

• 4 piece bonus - Your Circle of Healing and Penance spells have a 20% chance to cause your next Flash Heal cast within 6 sec to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance spells.
      This change will basically let you decide when to reset it rather than *risking* to waste a reset with a FH with CoH CD at 2 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    QFT. Also, it's your FH's that make Serendipity such an amazing talent investment.
    Haste, and knowledge of an encounter still make Prayer better than takign the time to cast a Flash Heal to get your Serendipity stacks higher up. Serendipity is nice, true, and has its uses. But casting flash heal just for the sake of a fast prayer is counterproductive.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Haste, and knowledge of an encounter still make Prayer better than takign the time to cast a Flash Heal to get your Serendipity stacks higher up. Serendipity is nice, true, and has its uses. But casting flash heal just for the sake of a fast prayer is counterproductive.
    Agreed on the prayer. I was thinking more in terms of setting the stage for faster GH.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Muoteck
    We'd get better use from 'Your bandages no longer break on damage' 2 set bonus.
    No you wouldn't.