Thread: Resto T10 Bonus

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto T10 Bonus

2Set- will be amazing when our Wild growth is hitting for 1k every second for 7 seconds (maybe ever more in full T10)

4Set- From what i can tell it will go every tick so when we rejuv everyone up on AoE is when it will pay.

/discuss your feelings on the set bonus's
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Re: Resto T10 Bonus

Seeing as how a Resto Druid can cast Rejuvenation on massive amounts of players, the 4-set is very valuable indeed. Heck, 2% is a lot when it's active on tons of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

i like the 2 piece, the 4 piece is pretty good, seems pale in comparison to the T9 4 piece though :/

Exactly i was thinking about it and if you can get your tick time down to 2seconds you get it on 12 people means every 8 seconds you get another rejuv

i like the 2 piece, the 4 piece is pretty good, seems pale in comparison to the T9 4 piece though :/
    Thats true but the 2piece alone will be worth it that WG on 1 target will be almost as much total healing every 3 seconds as 1 rejuvenation tick and it gives that healing every second plus to 6 targets

T8 made rejuv come with an intial heal, T9 made rejuv crit now T10 will make it jump targets, am i the only one that wishes the T8 and T9 bonuses could somehow be what a talented Improved Rejuv should be:P

If only...

I'm not a huge fan of either of the bonuses. I might change my mind about the WG bonus, but certainly the rejuv bonus is nowhere near as good as 4T9...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Deleted

2% is not that impressive and the main question is what the criterias will be for the choice of "whom to jump on". Lowest health, but what about range or when the whole raid is already hotted ? Lowest time left on Rejuv ?

2p doesn't see bad. I'm curious to know what the % reduction is though. If its an extra 1k health, thats pretty good.

4p doesn't interest me at all though. Of course this could be just a wording issue, but at first glance it sounds like a 2% chance for a rejuv I cast on a tank to jump off a tank onto some random melee. Even ignoring that issue, 2% chance is something like a free rejuv for every 10 you cast(15 sec, 5 ticks, need 50 ticks for a jump). Now if it just creates a new rejuv, ok maybe useful. If it just moves it and refreshes the duration, the average gain will be a 7.5 second rejuv. Its not even a +healing increase.

Again seems like very little chance that I will be able to break my current 4p for the new 2p.

Personally I don't understand the 2P bonus. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Our Heals per tick with be reduce by 0% less per tick. That's no change. 0% less is (CurrentNumber - (CurrentNumber * 0) = 0. No change. Now if it said "Heals per tick with be reduced by 0%" that mean no reduction per tick. That's awesome. As it is I think we have a place holder number of 0% less because they haven't figure out what the change is going to be. If it turns out to be 100% less, or even 75% or 50% less, this will be pretty awesome. If it turns out to be 5% or 10% it's going to suck.

I think the new resto set should be pretty sweet. And I'm hoping for at least a 50 percent "boost" there but 100 but would be pimp However, a lot of qq would pop up about it being OP, especially if they allow haste to affect hots.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer
    Personally I don't understand the 2P bonus. Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Our Heals per tick with be reduce by 0% less per tick. That's no change. 0% less is (CurrentNumber - (CurrentNumber * 0) = 0. No change. Now if it said "Heals per tick with be reduced by 0%" that mean no reduction per tick. That's awesome. As it is I think we have a place holder number of 0% less because they haven't figure out what the change is going to be. If it turns out to be 100% less, or even 75% or 50% less, this will be pretty awesome. If it turns out to be 5% or 10% it's going to suck.
    At the moment, WG ticks reduce by X% each time it ticks. With the new bonus, the ticks will not reduce at all, making X = 0 and the last tick of WG will be = to the first tick. The wording in the tooltip is screwy, but that is what they mean Is an amazing buff, can't wait to get it!
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Decide what the reduction is currently from the initial amount and eliminate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gajan
    At the moment, WG ticks reduce by X% each time it ticks. With the new bonus, the ticks will not reduce at all, making X = 0 and the last tick of WG will be = to the first tick. The wording in the tooltip is screwy, but that is what they mean Is an amazing buff, can't wait to get it!
    That's not what it says:
    Item - Druid T10 Restoration 2P Bonus - The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 0% less over time.
    So let's say that current Wild Growth reduces it's heals by 15% per tick (I don't know what the actual number is). According to a later poster, the amount reduced is 5% and it's based off the initial number, so it's basically 0%, 5%, 10%, etc. We'll say your first tick is 1000 HP healed, since it's pretty close to right for most of us, and it's an easy to work with number. So:

First tick is 1000 HP healed
    Second tick is 1000 - (1000 * .05) = 950
    Third tick is 1000 - (1000 * .10) = 900
    Etc..

Now the set bonus is reducing that -15% by 0% less over time, so:

Second tick is 1000 - (1000 * (.05 - (.05 * 0))) = 950
    Third tick is 1000 - (1000 * (.10 - (.10 * 0))) = 900
    etc

If what you are saying were true then the "less" wouldn't be there. The tool tip would be "The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 0% over time.", so:

Second tick is 1000 - (1000 * 0) = 1000
    Third tick is 1000 - (1000 * 0) = 1000
    etc.

What I suspect is that the "0%" is a place holder that will eventually be replaced by say 75%, so:

Second tick is 1000 - (1000 * (.05 - (.05 * .75))) = 987
    Third tick is 1000 - (1000 * (.10 - (.10 * .75))) = 975
    etc

Which will be great if the percentage is 75% or even 50%. If it's 5 or 10 percent it will be distinctly "meh". It's also possible that the tooltip is worded badly, and in fact your analysis is the correct one. That would be really nice, but maybe a bit OP.

Edit: Edited to fix tags, and to use the real numbers (at least what someone told me the real numbers are)

each following WG tick is reduced by 5% of FIRST tick.

if initial tick heals for 800 then next ticks will be 760, 720, 680, 640, 600 and finally 560
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    each following WG tick is reduced by 5% of FIRST tick.

if initial tick heals for 800 then next ticks will be 760, 720, 680, 640, 600 and finally 560
    That's good to know. Thanks. I'll edit the equations on my post, but it doesn't change my essential point. As worded in the current tooltip, this set bonus does nothing. It's either very badly worded or a place holder.

That's good to know. Thanks. I'll edit the equations on my post, but it doesn't change my essential point. As worded in the current tooltip, this set bonus does nothing. It's either very badly worded or a place holder.
    Yeah, I just assumed that the person that wrote it made a little grammatical error. If the 0% is in fact a place holder, then your (fixed) equations will be correct.

And now that I think about it, using the numbers from procne as an example, if it actually does reduce healing by 0% (my initial thought) then it will increase the healing received per target by almost 1k. A 6k (glyphed) increase on a spell that can be used as often as WG can is probably a bit optimistic haha. Here's to hoping though
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gajan
    And now that I think about it, using the numbers from procne as an example, if it actually does reduce healing by 0% (my initial thought) then it will increase the healing received per target by almost 1k. A 6k (glyphed) increase on a spell that can be used as often as WG can is probably a bit optimistic haha. Here's to hoping though
    I hope you're right. Frankly, I'll be happy with as little as 50% less reduction between ticks. I'll be thrilled with 75%, and you being right will take WG from "Extremely useful spell" to "OMFGAWZOME!!11!!1 spell"

Apparently you guys doubting we will get the 0% reduction to WG haven't see the other bonus's. Blizzard is making them ridiculus this time around and our 4set is lackluster atm anyway. Yeah our WG won't have its heals reduced but CoH is losing the CD alot riptide a 6second CD will give teh next heal 20% more haste which is another 2set adn holy light will get close to a 1second cast with their new bonus. Blizz has made it apparent from all the set bonus's that in ICC Tier Bonus= Win

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    Apparently you guys doubting we will get the 0% reduction to WG haven't see the other bonus's. Blizzard is making them ridiculus this time around and our 4set is lackluster atm anyway. Yeah our WG won't have its heals reduced but CoH is losing the CD alot riptide a 6second CD will give teh next heal 20% more haste which is another 2set adn holy light will get close to a 1second cast with their new bonus. Blizz has made it apparent from all the set bonus's that in ICC Tier Bonus= Win
    This is why I initially thought that there was just some confusing wording and that it actually will be a 0% decrease. All the set bonuses look pretty awesome, doesn't seem like anyone got shafted this time around. Is a nice change-up from the t9 bonuses. My main is a Rogue and t9 isn't worth it at all. Looking forward to t10 on both Druid and Rogue