Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ideas for new mage spells in cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Thadious
    FAIL THREAD.....blizz confirmed ages back that no class will recive new spells this exp as talents being revamped......go read wow.com
    I like the people who post on here by really dont know what they're talking about. Were receiving our new spells will be at...83 and 85..I think they said ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Haylen
    Surely that'd be "Reflect" which warriors already have..
    And the amount of QQ from warriors if we suddenly get another of their abilites (we already got MS) would crash the internet.
    Offtopic, I know, but I just went through talent calc and all abilities, please enlighten me, WHERE exactly do mages have a Mortal Strike-like ability ??? Or did you mean something else by that abbrev. ?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&cn=Doomwise

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    Offtopic, I know, but I just went through talent calc and all abilities, please enlighten me, WHERE exactly do mages have a Mortal Strike-like ability ??? Or did you mean something else by that abbrev. ?
    Permafrost
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    Ah now, calling that MS is a bit inaccurate, it's not even half the effect warriors have. Cheers though, I must have gone through the talents too fast and missed it.

Enjoying the WoW adventure since June 07. With friends. Always for fun. The way I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwise
    It's okay, because they gave warriors two stacking effects because 75% reduced healing is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    It's okay, because they gave warriors two stacking effects because 75% reduced healing is fair.
    Skarrd once 1 shot a warrior with spell reflect up

And on topic,

Frostcane bolt

exact copy of frostfire bolt except it does arcane damage. It will also retain the ability to only be viable for 1 patch and 1 hard mode fight for the entire expansion, then will only be used in pvp and be patched in for an on proc ability on a dead pve spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolga
    Who cares EPICS ARE SOULBOUND and irl shit comes and goes!!!!!!

Prismatic Ward

Absorbs up to x arcane, fire or frost damage or half of that for any other element. 30s cd, shared with Fire and Frost Ward

-Effectively replaces Frost and Fire Ward, giving mages (especially arcane ones for AI) something for absorbing some magic damage with ease

Sphere of Magic Control

Creates an aura of magic control, influencing spells cast by affected targets. Allies gain x spell damage, enemies lose y. Maintaining the sphere slowly drains the casters mana.

-Meant as a replacement for Dampen/Amplify Magic, notoriously underused spells. Effect on allies probably in the same buff category as DP/Totem of Wrath

Spellbomb

Infuses target with unstable energy for 10 seconds, causing it to take damage and have it's spells interupted whenever it attempts to cast a spell. If a spell cannot be interupted, the target takes more damage instead.
    2 min CD.

-Inspired by similiar debuffs

Deleted

anti malee.

spell name: Regret

The player places down an invisible red button with a mirror image of himself ontop which taunts enemies. If enemy attacks MI and stands on the button a nuke drops and instant kills and parts of the body splatter everywhere. This effect cuases panic and fear to all targets within 10000 yrds

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Well, what I was getting at is that I didn't know mages had a healing reduction in their talents, I wasn't complaining or suggesting anything, I simply sought to clarify that, and thanks to Swizzle for pointing me the right way.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

How about a damage-absorbing shield that freezes everything around the mage when it's destroyed? ;-)

Oh, wait.

flame blink:
    when you start and ends blink, you burn everything under your feet in 8yrds for average - average damage, for 8 sec. and slows enemies for 35%, if enemy stands in fire for 8 sec; he will overburn and take average*2 damage instantly. this damage can't be critical, but can trigger ignite tallent (chanse to trigger = chanse to crit)

Harden:
    your molten armor becomes solid like stone, grants you 100% phis. damage resistance, and absorbs somethingsomething mag. damage, after it, armor explodes for something something*1.5 damage in 10 yrds and knocks them for 8yrds away, and caster gains buff (something like "overheated") inc. his firedamage for 10% (if 0 enemies suffered damage, and +10% for each enemy, max. +30%). each melee attack breaks enemies weapon reducting damage of attacker for 10% (stackable)
    this effect last for 5 seconds, 2 min cooldown

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    flame blink:
    when you start and ends blink, you burn everything under your feet in 8yrds for average - average damage, for 8 sec. and slows enemies for 35%, if enemy stands in fire for 8 sec; he will overburn and take average*2 damage instantly. this damage can't be critical, but can trigger ignite tallent (chanse to trigger = chanse to crit)
    This seems a bit overpowered. Would the damage also affect the mage if he stands in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr
    This seems a bit overpowered. Would the damage also affect the mage if he stands in it?
    i imagined 1-2k damage every 2 seconds =\ not something big, but to keep enemies away and may warriors think before charge

Blazing feets
    10 secounds duration. more you moves, more -damagetaken buff you'll get, 6 seconds you will stacking buff, then, you will get protection (max 60%)

Arcane Infusion
    2.3min CD
    1093 mana

Infuses friendly target with Arcane Infusion granting them 10% extra spell power for 20seconds. When Arcane Infusion is consumed the mage gains 5% of their mana as spell power for 10seconds.