Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Tier 10 Armor Sets - HD Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir
    And I will stick to this comparison.So you have two red cars and a tank. If you look closely you are able to find resemblances between the one car and the Tank. However you deduce from this that the car resembles the tank more than the other car.
    I would deduce the car more closely resembles the tank if the car and the tank had more similarities than the other car. However, the car and the second car have more similarities and I would deduce that the car and the second car would more closely resemble eachother. You're making a bad analogy, and you're full of gross exaggeration.
    Sue me. I like to edit.

Somehow it is very interesting that while repeating the similarities like a prayer no one is willing to comment on the huge differences that I keep repeating.
    Rather I am being accused of making bad analogies. Well, if you're running out of arguments, you're getting personal I guess.

Take the Chestpiece for example: While one has a plate strapped over a chain mail, the other has a plate strapped over another plate and some sorta scale-armor. And you just keep pointing at the small leather strap.

I want pally preview...
    almost enough to make me want to come back to the game.
    RIP Knight-Lieutenant Nosredneh; LvL 70 Dwarf Retribution Paladin, Vanilla-End BC.

1st ever Epic- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11726 (lvl 56, won over a hunter.)
    followed by
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19323 when I dinged 60.

THIS ONLY PERPETUATES THE MYTH OF ROGUE TUNNELVISIONING

CLASSIST BLIZZARD!

Deleted

oh boy... T10 looks really crappy...

and look at the boots from rouge (only a texture... what a joke...

is it just me or does the rogue armor set make him look like the gimp?

Somehow it is very interesting that while repeating the similarities like a prayer no one is willing to comment on the huge differences that I keep repeating.
    Rather I am being accused of making bad analogies. Well, if you're running out of arguments, you're getting personal I guess.
    While I admire your resilience in the subject, I still think you're wrong. All the points mentioned pro-Arthas=T10 are points heavily weighted when it comes to the armor designed Blizzard makes. All the parts that sort of stick out.

Getting tired of analogs, but here goes:

We have cars A and B with identical flames painted on, while car C has lightning. Car A and C are black, while car B is gray. Which ones are more alike?

I know, this is a relatively bad analog, but I'm tired, and I'm pretty sure it conveys my point to a degree where most people can see it.. :P

If you're still going to argue about this, I think I'll have give you a troll-stamp and ignore it, because it's pretty obvious where T10 comes from.

You're being accused of making bad analogies because you ARE making bad analogies.
    Don't start calling ad hominem when it has yet to occur.

Try: car1, car2, SUV

Let's say car1 is a Smart car, car2 is a Taurus, and car3 is a 4Runner.

The theme: they're all vehicles, and none of them are the same (as opposed to your analogy of "red car 1, red car 2, tank; you think red car 2 = tank")

Which does car2 look like more?

Well, it's not a 2-person squat-nosed, fuel-efficient vehicle, that looks like it'll crumple at the slightest breeze.
    But it's also not a large 5-seater with lots of cargo space and a spare tire in back.
    However, car2 and SUV are both aesthetically pleasing, are "big" by certain standards, neither are nearly as efficient of fuel economy, and even though the Smart car has the highest crash rating out of all three of them (another reason why car2 and SUV are more alike), car2 and SUV still look like they can actually take damage. The makes of car2 and SUV have also been established for much longer.

What you say is 10% is actually 80% of what the player sees. You're right, there's no more mail, and the only "leather" is the strap across the chest. There is still fur.

And time for some ad hominem!_________________________________________________
    If you can't see how your analogies are irrational and irrelevant, then there's no helping you. Yours: A != A ~ C; Mine: A ~ B != C

To you, everyone's disregarding the differences. To everyone else, you're disregarding the similarities. To you, the differences between Arthas and T10 make T10 and T8 more alike... when it's the differences between T8 and T10, differences between T8 and Arthas's, the similarities between Arthas's and T10 and the lack thereof between T10 and T8 that make T10 and Arthas's more alike. [/redundancy]

It's obvious there's no changing your mind, though. So I've either been successfully trolled, or you're dumb. Either way, I'm a fool for proceeding with this._________________________________________________

@Pineapple
    You're my friend. Just sayin'.
    Sue me. I like to edit.

ick...i dont like the druid set the t9 looks WAY better.....

Take the Chestpiece for example: While one has a plate strapped over a chain mail, the other has a plate strapped over another plate and some sorta scale-armor. And you just keep pointing at the small leather strap.
    I think they have adopted certain keypoints from Arthas' armor to t10 and designed the rest on its own. I can also see what the person is meaning with resemblance and can see the same in these key points.

P.S.

Druid gear from the front looks like the headpiece has eyestalks.
    Sue me. I like to edit.

Man, humans make things look so bad. You should have more races on the DK one

To you, everyone's disregarding the differences. To everyone else, you're disregarding the similarities.
    Probably, I guess I'll have to accept your view on this while still disaggreeing.
    It's obvious there's no changing your mind, though. So I've either been successfully trolled, or you're dumb. Either way, I'm a fool for proceeding with this.
    Now who's trolling? Either I'm trolling or I am stupid. You don't even accept the fact that I might have an opinion that is not compliant with yours. This is stepping over the line!

edit: Sry for not responding to your wall of text but I'm lacking the time right now.

Rehashed T7/T3 for hunters, woooooooot!

???

10+ Year Old Account

Hunter = Crypt Lord
    Rogue = Geist
    Warrior = Vrykul
    Druid = that captured green dragon boss
    Death Knight = Lich King (of course)

so I guess now we can try to speculate what the other sets will be modeled after...

Priest = Val'kyr?
    Mage = Lich?
    Warlock = Necromancer?
    Shaman = ???
    Paladin = ???

I accept the fact that you have an opinion, and I disagree with that opinion. Maybe I do argue too strongly in favor of the whole "I'm right" business, but I guess that's what happens when I feel strongly.

All I did at the end was give you the ad hominem you wanted.

(By the way, "coherent" would have been a suitable word where you now have "compliant". "Coherent - having cohesion; logically connected; consistent")
    Sue me. I like to edit.

Good thing you can hide helmets... again...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakawne
    (By the way, "coherent" would have been a suitable word where you now have "compliant". "Coherent - having cohesion; logically connected; consistent")
    Sry, I'm German and sometimes lacking the correct words. My dictionary told me afterwards that compliant would be more fitting to what my real intention was.
    I don't think this should really be an important part of our argument though as long as you get what I might mean.

/offtopic

10+ Year Old Account

Sigh...once again whatever craptastic costume designer either got the lead artist drunk or has some pretty good blackmail. I could make better armor sets in my sleep.

I don't think this should really be an important part of our argument though as long as you get what I might mean.
    Oh, I was just letting you know you had the right word. But yeah, I get what you mean.
    Sue me. I like to edit.