Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: T10 Shaman Elemental Set

its pretty counterproductive to use em to get an extra lvb off while moving , because you ignore the 15% extra crit you cant get by spamming lb because... your still moving

Can't possibly be counterproductive. Every time I move I use every beneficial instant i got. Thunderstorm, refresh FS, instant LvB, reposition my totems... That helps alot. And as dps you got to live to rule those damage meters, otherwise you might as well play healer or tank.

Well, well.. Back to the subject. I agree that these bonuses will probably help out in movement based fights. But I find it challenging and fun to look for those sweet spots where you don't have to move alot during fights. For me, that's probably been the most important factor in increasing my damage output.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

They have a good point, our set bonuses arent the only thing we can look foreward to. When you consider the god-like stats given by t9.9 (the heroic level t9 gear) if the stats on t10 are better then we should have nothing to fret.

In addition this is the LAST MAJOR INSTALLMENT of Wrath of the Lich King. If anyone remembers blizzards trend (Naxx, SWP) with the introduction of the final area and raid we will see new profession items and ect. meaning new engineer helms, alchemist stones, gems, and possibly new glyphs which can warrant a large dps increase depending on how they will affect us.

conclusion, its more than possible that although we aren't completely satisfied with t10 set bonuses, that is but ONE small aspect of what is on the horizon and everything else could make up for this "mediocre" bonus
    Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Currently writing the Shaman Manifesto. Will include QQ, e-peen blazes, nerfs, and lightning. God damn i love lightning.

BTW if that 2 set bonus procs from overloads it will be very very cool set bonus

4pc is about 375 dps. 2pc is ~60, assuming that the EM cooldown gets reduced to 109 seconds. (1min 49)

Current set bonus sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribe
    Current set bonus sucks.
    Why?

to be on par with the new chain lightning damage increase I'd rather see some bonuses revolved around that spell

(2) Your chain lightning increases the damage done by your next spell by 15%
    (4) Every time your chain lightning critically hits a target you gain an electric charge, once you have gained 3 electric charges all spells cast for the next 8 seconds will have their global cooldown reduced by 0,5 seconds.

---WARNING troll post---

You guys sound surprised that our setbonuses suck.
    Did we REALLY expect anything else ?

EM is shit and has been for a VERY long time, getting one instant spell of every 2mins is not worth it, not to mention the extra crit, even with the changes AND the tier10 bonus to it i foresee alot of shamans just macroing it to LB and LvB and then forgetting about it.

and as i see it personaly getting more haste of another proc would also be somewhat lame, im not in an UBER guild but my haste rating is at a healthy 800 not counting the totem, i cant remember the exact softcap for haste but i think it was somewhere around 1200ish rating wich should be EASILY reached in tier10 gear.

I could live with mediocre setbonuses if blizzard would get theire ass out of the barn and sort our scaling issue (Yes, youve heard it all before add a scaling dmg stat). but lacking that they need/should atleast give us some pretty massive setbonuses to even out the field, but im not holding my breath for that one either tho.

QQ Over

Even with all the stupidity of the gear/scaling i really love my shaman.