Slightly disappointing tanking set bonus?

Well, we have a 2% constant dodge and 20% higher damage on HoR .. Am I the only one feeling that is .. slightly boring? <.< I see the handy point of a new cd .. But still .. <.<

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Slightly disappointing tanking set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    Well, we have a 2% constant dodge and 20% higher damage on HoR .. Am I the only one feeling that is .. slightly boring? <.< I see the handy point of a new cd .. But still .. <.<
    12% more dodge chance on a 1 min cd, I'll take it seeing as how we only have 1 cd to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid
    Um... 12% dodge for 10 seconds once every minute is nuts. That's like two trinket uses at once. Not to mention you could use two trinkets at the same time and get something like 80% avoidance...

And 20% more damage on an AoE attack is rly nice. I don't know what you're complaining about.

Pretty much what they said ...
    What is tank?

"The basic idea of a tank is well understood. It works like an argument with my mother. The mobs keeps beating on you, and the more you throw it's own shit back at it, the more it focuses on you and hates you. Perplexing enough, this is actually not only your goal, but the mob eventually gives you loot and money when it dies instead of writing you out of its will." (Senotay)

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -- William Shakespeare

not to mention, if it can proc off refreshed effects is basicly perma 12% dodge. the set effect is killer really.

Quote Originally Posted by zemerrock
    not to mention, if it can proc off refreshed effects is basicly perma 12% dodge. the set effect is killer really.

The way they have it worded it sounds like it only works for the first 10 seconds after you activate DP. Not like we can't just write a macro to cancel DP and recast it for every 1min CD though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angella
    The way they have it worded it sounds like it only works for the first 10 seconds after you activate DP. Not like we can't just write a macro to cancel DP and recast it for every 1min CD though.
    or just press the button agian =o if u do that u lose the old buff and get the new one

Quote Originally Posted by HolyshockTalniEU
    or just press the button agian =o if u do that u lose the old buff and get the new one
    Also good.

i think it is sub-par...compared to other tanks, i would much rather have a 20% "bubble" on divine plea use, which would equal around 8k for me, or 12% reduced damage

we're kinda getting the short end of the stick seeing as any magic damage makes the 4pc. set bonus worthless and also while offtanking say, Gormok the Impaler.

just my opinion..also i might have used aroung 13-14 extra commas cuz im extremely tired >.<

I see a 'meh ok' 2pc, and a 'yay an avoidance ability with only a minute CD!' 4pc.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

10+ Year Old Account

I guess just correctng the OP on the 12% dodge, not 2% is pretty much the end of the thread, but i don't see y he doesn't think thosae set bonuses are any good.. it is really about the same s all the other tanking sets. 20% more dmg on their "this ability causes a high amout of threat" move, and free avoidance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

12% dodge is amazing. There's no diminishing returns, just a flat 12% increase in avoidance.

Now compared to the other tanks, which all get damage reductions, THEN I'd say it's "meh". It'll depend how many mostly-physical fights are in ICC.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by reynen
    i think it is sub-par...compared to other tanks, i would much rather have a 20% "bubble" on divine plea use, which would equal around 8k for me, or 12% reduced damage

we're kinda getting the short end of the stick seeing as any magic damage makes the 4pc. set bonus worthless and also while offtanking say, Gormok the Impaler.

just my opinion..also i might have used aroung 13-14 extra commas cuz im extremely tired >.<
    8K Damage absord over 12% dodge for 10 seconds?

Do bosses hit you for like 200 damage or something?

I have 52K buffed that would be 10,400 damage absorb for me. That takes all of 4 seconds to burn through. I'll take my 12% of "you can't touch this" for 10 seconds.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit