Thread: new quel serrar

new quel serrar

well i play an orc warrior with acceptable gear but well my weapon sucks...

i use the "slayer of the lifeless" the blade from gothik in naxx 10

i know, the blade from totc hero is way much better, but well it wont dropp for me...

now i was thinking about quel serrar, it got nice stam on and nen good dps, and as well the procc with 100 defense+1400 armor

will it be an good upgrade, and as well, what ur opinion of this blade?

thank u forward

Re: new quel serrar

I'm a pally, but I think it would be the same. Personally I think the weapon is crap. For its item level its got pretty low stam. Its got no stats on it other than stam, and you couldn't rely on the proc to stay defense capped so you'd have to make up for the loss of defense when switching weapons. I haven't tested it out for too long, just short bits on the training dummy, but the proc isn't up very often at all. I think more than anything its just for show.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

10+ Year Old Account

I got the 10m version and didn't like it one bit.

Although I can see how the 25m version can be pretty nice for prot grinding.

I'd say get the 25m one, pass on the 10m one.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

actualy the up time on the proc is roughly 60-70% of the time, making it truely the BIS for off hand DW tanking, and second only to the 245 ilvl version from ony 25. just think what 100 def and 1300 armor can do for you?

well with the buff on, its +0,8% of block, dogde and parry

but jeah, maybe i should aim any longer for the blade f totc hero...

Quote Originally Posted by zemerrock
    actualy the up time on the proc is roughly 60-70% of the time, making it truely the BIS for off hand DW tanking, and second only to the 245 ilvl version from ony 25. just think what 100 def and 1300 armor can do for you?
    Warrior forums. There is no DW tanking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    Warrior forums. There is no DW tanking here.
    I've been playing with it but I'm short on the gear, no reason it can't be done (although it's useless for higher content or serious raiding) with an unrelenting assault spec. The funny thing is, dueling Quel's for a higher uptime on the armor to somewhat balence out the armor loss from dropping a shield was in the original design.

Once again not viable, but it's something I'd love to play with for fun if I could get the gear to drop.