Update - Tier 10 Set Bonuses have been updated once again for Death Knight (Damage), Druid (Balance), Warlock, Warrior (Damage)
Tier 10 Set Bonuses - Updated
The Tier 10 Set Bonuses Feedback threads have been updated and most of the classes had their bonuses slightly modified.
New Character Bios: Jaina and SylvanasOriginally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentDeath Knight
- 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your Obliterate and Scourge Strike abilities deal 10% increased damage., and your Heart Strike ability deals 7% increased damage.
- 4 Pieces (Damage): Whenever all your runes are on cooldown, you gain 3% increased damage done with weapons, spells, and abilities for the next 15 second.
- 2 Pieces (Tank): Increases the damage done by your Death and Decay ability by 20%.
- 4 Pieces (Tank): When you activate Blood Tap, you gain 12% damage reduction from all attacks for 10 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Balance): (Updated) When you gain Clearcasting from your Omen of Clarity talent, you deal 15% additional Nature and Arcane damage for 6 seconds.
- 4 Pieces (Balance): (Updated) Your critical strikes from Starfire and Wrath cause the target languish for an additional 5% of your spell's damage over 4 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Heal): The healing granted by your Wild Growth spell reduces 0% less over time.
- 4 Pieces (Heal): Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.
- 2 Pieces (Feral): Your Swipe (Bear) and Lacerate abilities deal 20% additional damage and the cost of your Rip ability is reduced by 10 energy.
- 4 Pieces (Feral): Your Enrage ability no longer decreases your armor and instead decreases all damage taken by 12%, and the periodic damage done by your Rake ability can now be a critical strike.
- 2 Pieces: Your Auto Shots have a 5% chance to cause you and your pet to deal 15% additional damage for until cancelled.
- 4 Pieces: (Updated) When your Viper Sting, Serpent Sting, and Wyvern Sting abilities deal damage, you have a 5% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 seconds.
- 2 Pieces: (Updated) Your Hot Streak, Missile Barrage, and Brain Freeze talents also grant you 12% haste for 5 seconds when the effect of the talent is consumed.
- 4 Pieces: (Updated) Your Mirror Image ability also causes you to deal 18% additional damage for 30 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on your Divine Storm ability.
- 4 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your Seals and Judgements deal 10% additional damage.
- 2 Pieces (Heal): The cooldown on your Divine Favor talent is reduced by 60 sec.
- 4 Pieces (Heal): Your Holy Shock spell causes the next Holy Light you cast within 10 sec to have 0.3 sec reduced cast time.
- 2 Pieces (Tank): Your Hammer of the Righteous ability deals 20% increased damage.
- 4 Pieces (Tank): When you activate Divine Plea, you gain 12% dodge for 10 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) The critical strike chance of your Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch spells is increased by 5%.
- 4 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Reduces the channel duration and period of your Mind Flay spell by 0.5 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Heal): After your Pain Suppression and Guardian Spirit talents expire on your target, they grant your target 10% increased healing received for 10 sec.
- 4 Pieces (Heal): Your Flash Heal spell has a 15% chance to reset the cooldown on your Circle of Healing and Penance Spells.
- 2 Pieces: (Updated) Your Tricks of the Trade ability now grants you 15 energy instead of costing energy.
- 4 Pieces: (Updated) Gives your melee finishing moves a 13% chance to add 3 combo points to your target.
- 2 Pieces (Enhancement): When you activate your Shamanistic Rage ability you also deal 12% additional damage for 15 second.
- 4 Pieces (Enhancement): Each time the beneficial effect of your Maelstrom Weapon talent reaches 5 charges, you have a 15% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 second.
- 2 Pieces (Elemental): Your Lightning Bolt spell reduces the remaining cooldown on your Elemental Mastery talent by 1 second.
- 4 Pieces (Elemental): (Updated) The cooldown on your Lava Burst ability is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Heal): Your Riptide spell grants 20% spell haste for your next spellcast.
- 4 Pieces (Heal): Your Chain Heal critical strikes cause the target to heal for 25% of the healed amount.
- 2 Pieces: (Updated) The critical strike chance of your Shadowbolt, Incinerate, Soulfire, and Corruption spells is increased by 5%.
- 4 Pieces: (Updated) Each time your Immolate and Unstable Affliction spells deal periodic damage, you have a 15% chance to gain 10% damage done by you and your pet for 10 seconds.
- 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) When your Rend and Deep Wounds abilities deal damage you have a 2% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 seconds.
- 4 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) You have a 30% chance for your Bloodsurge and Sudden Death talents to grant 2 charges of their effect instead of 1, reduce the global cooldown on Execute or Slam by 0.5 seconds, and for the duration of the effect to be increased by 100%.
- 2 Pieces (Tank): Your Shield Slam and Shockwave abilities deal 20% increased damage.
- 4 Pieces (Tank): Your Bloodrage ability no longer costs health to use, and now causes you to absorb damage equal to 20% of your maximum health.
Character and Creature NameplatesCountless heroes and villains have played a part in the ever-changing tableau of Azeroth’s history. In the upcoming World of Warcraft content patch, two will step forward to confront the Lich King Arthas -- one a former friend, the other a former servant -- in the Icecrown Citadel: The Frozen Halls dungeon.
Learn more about Jaina Proudmoore of the Alliance and Sylvanas Windrunner, Banshee Queen of the Forsaken, on our new bio page. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...characters.xml
Blue postsWe have made some changes to the way creature and character nameplates display in the game and would like to get feedback from those of you on the public test realms. There are three significant changes you should notice:
- The range at which you can see the nameplates is now much longer.
- You can no longer see the nameplates through objects which block line of sight.
- Instead of the nameplates trying to sort themselves, they just overlap. We think this makes them more useful for very large groups (example: Onyxia whelps).
Please let us know how this change affects your play experience, whether through PvE or PvP.
For clarification, please also refer to my follow-up post about nameplate changes:
We have a couple of points of clarification based on some of the feedback and concerns we’ve been seeing in this thread:
- As long as you are able to peer into the doorway of a room, you will see nameplates of players or creatures in that room.
- Similar to the first point, pillars and bridges in Arenas will not hide friendly or enemy nameplates.
- Nameplates for totems can be toggled under “PRODUCTION” settings in “Interface Options” on the test realms. We will look into adding this functionality for pets as well.
- The way nameplates are sorted when large numbers of creatures and players are grouped together is not fully functional and we will continue to address the way these are sorted and displayed throughout the testing process. In the mean time, you can choose to toggle this feature back to its original functionality, also under "PRODUCTION" settings.
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentPets scaling in Patch 3.3
We're still working on it. One stat that will almost certainly not get scaled to the pet is armor pen. It is technically (for obscure reasons) challenging to convert the armor pen rating from the hunter to the pet. Given armor pen's not so rosy future (as a stat on gear anyway), this one probably won't get resolved.
We'd still like to scale haste, crit and just about everything else. We'll get done what we can. (Source)
New Nameplates and Arena Pillars
It's not as simple as just LOS. The way the game handles LOS is a little more complicated than that. We'll try and get the thread updated, but Arena pillars should not prevent nameplates. Dungeon walls typically will. (Source)
Scourge Strike and Unholy Blight in 3.3
Scourge Strike doesn't work like Necrosis. There is no need to draw inferences from one to the other. If Scourge Strike benefits from EP and Black Ice on live, then the Shadow portion of it will in 3.3.
All we did was change part of the attack to physical damage, which lets us increase the amount that it hits for overall. This means it should do more damage against lightly armored or fully sundered targets but less damage against heavily armored targets (assuming no armor pen). Magic attacks (even melee weapon swings) typically hit for less since they ignore armor. Switching some of the damage to physical let us inflate the number.
Our goals were to make armor pen slightly more valuable to Unholy DKs and just make Scourge Strike and Reaping valuable to Unholy DKs. I understand many of you just wanted us to boost the numbers because you wanted for it to hit more, but under the way we balance it isn't fair for a magical attack to hit for as much as a physical attack.
The nerf to Unholy Blight was in part because we think SS will be contributing to more damage overall. (Source)