Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

*NEW* Ret T10 Set Bonus Discussion

They swapped our 2 set with our 4 set. But made it a 40% Melee chance to refresh DS.

Discuss. Guess they want us to use 4 set. /sigh. I'm curious how the DS will work in a rotaion. Maybe they'll change a few abilities.

Letting us have no downtime, Mass AoE DPS again, new FCFS, Or maybe a change to other abilities. If anyone knows anything or has an ideas lets hear em!

Yes, I know there is another thread, but that one's polluted with the old set bonus's and info/ideas on them.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Re: *NEW* Ret T10 Set Bonus Discussion

Well, this might mean we can take Consecrate out of our rotation sing target dps rotation and exchange it with Divine Storm

it saves a bit of mana

Means we might also get to drop the Consecration Glyph for the Exor Glyph, and maybe the shortened 2 seconds will make instant DS fit into the rotation nicely?

"It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

I don't see it as a FCFS rotation, rather a priority rotation instead of a static one.

Good players will be able to squeeze that extra DS among their CD's and bad players won't.

I don't see how shortening consecrate's CD would make DS fit better, wouldn't it just cause even more GCD clashes with extra DS's needing to be used? Which is exactly what we glyph consecrate to avoid in the first place. I doubt consecrate would be knocked out of the rotation entirely, rather just pushed down the priority list. Exorcism would be the one to go if that was the case, even single target its damage is beaten by consecration.

P.S. I recall a moderator over on the Spartan UI forums by the name Sensei Sin...

Quote Originally Posted by whoareyou5436
    I don't see how shortening consecrate's CD would make DS fit better, wouldn't it just cause even more GCD clashes with extra DS's needing to be used? Which is exactly what we glyph consecrate to avoid in the first place. I doubt consecrate would be knocked out of the rotation entirely, rather just pushed down the priority list. Exorcism would be the one to go if that was the case, even single target its damage is beaten by consecration.

P.S. I recall a moderator over on the Spartan UI forums by the name Sensei Sin...
    That's exactly my point. Who knows if the shorter Conc will make it fit or not. Can't wait to get on the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account

Idk about the whole speculative math thing & we wont know for sure until everything is final on the ptr. One thing is for sure though if they make this change go though I and many other ret paladins will be using that 2 set bonus for pvp because it could give us a lot of our burst back assuming our procs happen at the right time.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Question is will it proc only from Auto attack or CS, Jugment, DS it self (?!?). 40% looks a little high to be all mele attacks and would turn it into a spam spell.

Worst case scenario is when Rets seek for faster 2h weapons just to make the best use of the 4-set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tèmpést
    Worst case scenario is when Rets seek for faster 2h weapons just to make the best use of the 4-set...
    # 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on your Divine Storm ability.
    # 4 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your Seals and Judgements deal 10% additional damage.

Set bonuses changed position. All attacks scale of weapon damage so getting a faster one is counter productive.

cleave pvp is gona be sexy with that 2set bonus tbh

I was kind of expecting this change, to be honest. +10% seal damage didn't really look like a 2pc bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo_ADEU
    I was kind of expecting this change, to be honest. +10% seal damage didn't really look like a 2pc bonus.
    Why not? It's not really better than t9 2p and it is a boring bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Why not? It's not really better than t9 2p and it is a boring bonus.
    Could just be me, but it looked more like a 4pc to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyPala
    # 2 Pieces (Damage): (Updated) Your melee attacks have a 40% chance to reset the cooldown on your Divine Storm ability.
    Pardon my ignorance, but - Divine Storm itself is a melee attack, correct? Does it have a chance to proc this per target? If so then on 3+ targets you'd have a good chance to proc on DS, making it possible to spam it every global cooldown. O.o

I'd guess there's either a hidden cooldown on the proc, or it doesn't proc off DS. Probably both.
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    Pardon my ignorance, but - Divine Storm itself is a melee attack, correct? Does it have a chance to proc this per target? If so then on 3+ targets you'd have a good chance to proc on DS, making it possible to spam it every global cooldown. O.o

I'd guess there's either a hidden cooldown on the proc, or it doesn't proc off DS. Probably both.
    They might still change the wording to "Your auto attacks have a chance to ....", I'd just wait for the set bonuses to be available for testing.

willing to bet it'll be like the old seal of command...

40% chance to proc with 7 total procs per minute, regardless of weapon attack speed, and since divine storm hits harder than crusader strike or consecrate, it might be a good place to stick in the place of those, when they came up.
    if you went without the glyph of consecrate, and you were able to maintain 100% up time on it, than the extra 7 procs per minute of divine storm would MORE than cover for never mashing consecrate again, even more so considering the changes they're making to the way aoe is delivered. Skilled players would be able to sneak in consecration ever so often....
    This might make the glyph of consecrate more like 2 extra ticks of damage when you can pop it, or, from a pvp standpoint, make that glyph of divine storm start playing havoc in extra team heals...
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

I like the set bonues they gave us but I wish it was more like

4 Pieces (Damage): When Divine Storm and Crusader Strike are on cooldown abilities deal 10%(maybe 5 more damage)

OR

4 Pieces (Damage): Whenever Divine Storm and Crusader Strike are on cooldown all dmg is increased by 3% and you consencrate has the ability to be critical strikes.

Hell that last one should be a talent in our tree. Different Rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin
    I don't see it as a FCFS rotation, rather a priority rotation instead of a static one.

Good players will be able to squeeze that extra DS among their CD's and bad players won't.
    Well something like that should be in our talent tree anyway except with CS instead of DS.

How about to pvp with two t10? with glyph on storm, could be really fun.

And for pve, i think this maybe be anythink for u pve paladins, but its definitly more heal for raid.