Function champions 10man heroic BAD group

we got DK warrior hunter mage shaman(healer) and paladin(healer)

and right now we are hunter, warrior, 3palas(2healer), mage, warlock, shaman(healer), priest(healer) and DK
    we have NO idea what to do we just cant kill them, any suggestions?

Re: Function champions 10man heroic BAD group

Four healers is too many. Three is perfect, though two is doable in some really geared groups.

There are essentially two approaches: take out healers first or take out melee burst damagers first. I find that killing melee first works better for 10 man heroic.

The most threatening of all of those to your group is the warrior, so kill him first. And fast. Have your dps blow cooldowns and use your bloodlust. Be sure to keep purge/dispelling him so he goes down fast as possible. Switch to the DK next. Also, it wouldn't hurt to assign 5 people to focus on the other 5 mobs that you aren't burning at the start. It's not quite as beneficial in 10 man as it is in 10 man, but it does help the healers much to know who to expect some inc burst damage on (and provide insight for that person to use survival cds).

thanks alot m8

If you get some dps on the hunter's pet, the healers will heal that pet like nothing else. Kind of a cheap tactic to use, but if you're struggling with the encounter, that's some advice. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Neba
    If you get some dps on the hunter's pet, the healers will heal that pet like nothing else. Kind of a cheap tactic to use, but if you're struggling with the encounter, that's some advice. :P
    I know that works if they have a druid he will hot the heck out of the pet will that work with the other healers too?

There are a lot of solutions to this fight. The way we did it (in respect to your setup) was:

Tanking Warrior locks down the paladin healer, as he only casts.
    DK locks down one of the melee (DK or Warrior).
    Zerg (Bloodlust/Hero) down the other healer (in this case the Shaman) while keeping him interrupted and purged.

We used this tactic with two healers (Shaman + Paladin). If the damage is still too high, you can dedicate a Ret Paladin to dispelling and/or control another DPS (Warlock + Mage CCing the other melee or something like that).
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Quote Originally Posted by isfry
    I know that works if they have a druid he will hot the heck out of the pet will that work with the other healers too?
    I haven't experimented much with the tactic since I heard about it but just hours ago in a fight with a healing paladin and shaman they seemed to heal the pet even while being attacked themselves.

i just tried that with pet and yeah they heal it like hell went better but we still wipe warrior and DK burn down all clothies together and with hunter ofc

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Function champions
    Made me giggle :P

Quote Originally Posted by harathan
    we got DK warrior hunter mage shaman(healer) and paladin(healer)

and right now we are hunter, warrior, 3palas(2healer), mage, warlock, shaman(healer), priest(healer) and DK
    we have NO idea what to do we just cant kill them, any suggestions?
    First of all: you won't get through with 4 healers. The key on this fight is burst, you must be able to destroy them before they do to you. Your first target should be close to dead once all means of CC were used on the first CC target. In time: use two healers.

Have your mage, warlock and shaman chain-CC the paladin healer (hex on pull, 3 sheeps, 3 fears, rinse, repeat) while your group burn their shaman. He's more annoying than the pally because of his totems (healing stream heals by a lot and usually goes unnoticed), so get him down first. Warrior is on him to interrupt and stun as much as possible.

A note for the CC classes: they must keep their targets under control, but they should still go all out on the kill target. Hint them to use focus macros to make it easier, if needs to be.

Your DK's only and one job is to keep the warrior busy, period. DG him away on the pull, CoI, keep his attention, do absolutely nothing else until the warrior's the next target to be killed. Once the warrior starts bladestorming, there's nothing he can do for the duration and so the raid has to be alert to get the HELL away from him.

If your DK's able to handle this, make him CoI the other DK as well and do what he can with his remaining runes to turn his attention. If not, it's ok, as he's not as dangerous as the warrior. Just make sure people focused by him stay away; be ready to use a Hand of Protection on clothies if it's the case.

Hunter and mage usually are left free. Explosive Shot and random sheeps are annoying, but can be handled. Feel free to have your lock/mage CC them while they're waiting on their CC order on the pally healer.

And the most important: your priest must be on the ball for a mass dispel the second Bloodlust/Heroism goes up, or someone will probably get one shotted.

THANKS ALOT GUYS WE FINALY DID IT we waster ALOT tries but we did it, btw the strategy with pet helped alot it is working and healers waster alot healing there, i forgot to say that i am also hunter so i send my pet on the other pet so healers was healing all the time especialy the paladin and we burn down the warrior first, so pala was healing the pet shaman was getting interaps all the time so we DID it

Old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one... Same story, different comp...

Us: 2 Paladin - Tank + Healer, 2 Mage, 1 Warlock, 2 Priest - Heals, 1 Lazorkin, 1 DK - Tank, 1 Rogue - Me.

Them: Priest + Druid heals, Rogue, Enh Shaman, Warlock, Mage

Our Strats: Tried burning a healer first, no go... Enh and Rogue raped us, especially our casters + healers. Tried burning the Enh first, not enough CC on healers so he didn't die, and Rogue was tearing us apart.

Our two tanks were doing dps to the kill target, saying that they couldn't do anything about the melee dps running wild. Now, I know Paladin tanks can't do too much to lock someone down. But I know DKs can CoI the hell out of one of them.

Now, my question... Do taunts work in heroic mode? I know they work in regular, even to just get the NPC to switch targets for a second. Are they immune to taunts in heroic? I was told that taunting/kiting the melee wasn't possible, which is why our tanks were just doing dps and our clothies were getting obliterated... Just wondering if that is true or not for this weeks attempts.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

15+ Year Old Account

send your hunter and warlock pet on there pet. alot of heals will go to the pet while u kill a healer or melee first. once u kill 2 of them rest is pretty much easy.

They're taunt immune in both heroic difficulties but as a prot paladin you still got your stun every 20 seconds + repentance + debuffs on the mob. Better than just dpsing main target.

Also, you got a warlock and two mages and can't control the healers? The only dispel on their team is the priest and the warlock pet (if it actually uses it, don't know), so he can't get dispelled out of sheep. Your warlock alone can keep the tree pretty long cc'ed with banishx3, fearx3, banishx3. After that he will be immune shortly in which you can just cyclone the tree and then repeat. Your rogue has to be on the main target for the only MS so he can't control a healer. However, the totems (especially healing stream and tremor) need to be destroyed, so you should probably focus shamy + have rogue kill the totems.

//edit: Next poster is right obviously. I forgot our prot used another spec for that fight with lowered stun CD + repentance. Point still stands, somehow limiting damage is most likely better than doing his 2k DPS on main target.

how did you get repentance as prot pala? :
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    send your hunter and warlock pet on there pet. alot of heals will go to the pet while u kill a healer or melee first. once u kill 2 of them rest is pretty much easy.
    Yeah and you can have your priests dot them up too with SW:P and DP and keep the pet and the primary healing target save the druid as the 2nd healer you go after.

My group found that CC was mostly worthless for this fight. The mobs are taunt immune and any form of CC lasts a second or less and the mobs become immune faster.

Their setup: druid, priest healers; rogue, enh shaman, hunter, mage...i dont remember the other.

our setup: Warrior-tank, druid/paly/shaman-heals, 2 rogues, DK, enh shaman, shadow priest, elemental shaman.

After a number of pulls we realized that there was no way we were going to interupt enough heals to nuke down a target with fewer dps on that target. The warrior tank went fury and we put all the dps on the rogue and used hero as soon as sunders were up while spamming purge on the kill target.

FOK spam, whirlwind, chain lighning, and dk/sp aoe did enough dmg to the group that the healing was spread out and we were able to burn targets. We took down the dps one by one and finished by killing the healers. Turned out to be very simple.
    Wikipedia is not a reference for anything.

10+ Year Old Account

Our first attempt at the faction chumps was:
    Priest(heal)
    Shaman(heal)
    Paladin(ret)
    Warrior
    Warlock
    Hunter

We were:
    Warrior(prot)
    Paladin(ret)
    Shaman(enh)
    DK(frost DW dps)
    Magex2
    Hunter
    Paladin(holy)
    Priest(holy)
    Shaman(resto)

After a few tries going after a healer first we realized we had to just burn a dps. Warrior interrupting the shaman, DK interrupting the priest and shaman purging the focus target we had the warrior down in under 25 seconds, paladin shortly after and it was just dominoes after that. Really you just have to look at what they have and what you have, every raid has to use every resource they have. There is really no set way to do this unless you copy our raid comps against our chumps comps.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein