Need help with macro

Hi! I know there were a lot of such requests, but they are so deep into |old trach talks" so i cant find any... ;(

I need macro that will do:
    -if there is no focus it will set my target as focus
    -if there is focus it will cast spell of it

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Re: Need help with macro

/cast [target=focus,nodead]Counterspell
    /stopmacro [target=focus,nodead][noexists]
    /focus

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

When i press button nothing happend...i mean it didnt work. Something wrong with part "stopmacro+". Cant find mistake by myown.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Well, first thing goes without saying, change Counterspell to whatever spell you are trying to do, it was just an example since you don't say what class you play or what spell you want to use.

If you don't have a focus when you press it for the first time, it has to make the target your focus first, then the next time you press it (or anytime you already have a focus) it will cast the spell. It can't check for a focus and give it a focus on the fly so it has to be worked around a little bit.

It didnt work as you (we) expect, other words - it didnt set focus and didnt cast when focus are set (manualy).

P.S. ofc i've changed spell name -.-

What ability are you trying to make it do?

The macro will do what you are requesting.
    Check your syntaxes that it was copy \ pasted exactly.

Also what are you setting your focus to?

When its "/cast [target=focus, nodead] SpellName" all ok, but when i add next part it didnt work at all... 1st of all im thinking that /focus need to be 1st line, while /cast - 3rd so it will set focus if no focused target atm, other way - cast spell.

P.S. there is something wrong with "/stopmacro [target=focus] [noexists]" line coz 1st and 3rd lines work well (1 by 1 of together).

Okay this might be a little better

/cast [target=focus,nodead]Counterspell
    /stopmacro [target=focus,nodead][target=focus,exists]
    /focus

The change in the 2nd line makes sure that you have an existing focus target, so I hope it will work as is.

Same results...didnt work... someone can tell me how to do this or just give me link to old post where i can read about this?..

It will never work this way coz http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_stopmacro... well, i will search there for more info...thx anyway.

UP. Someone tell me how to do this cursed macros! info on wowwiki seens outdated (they still think "stopcast" work...etc).

ZOMG found this shit into mage macros at wowwiki... here it is, if some1 intrested:

#showtooltip
    /clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus] SpellName

1. Clear your focus if your old focus target is dead
    2. Clear your focus if your old focus target doesn't exist anymore
    3. Set your focus on what you have targeted if you don't have a focus already
    5. Cast SpellName on the Focus target

Now i have only 1 problen - it cast instantly when i set focus -.-